ImageImageImage

Hassan Whiteside: Road To The Max II

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

ryanpuge
Senior
And1: 619

Re: Hassan Whiteside: Road To The Max II 

Post#521 » by ryanpuge » Fri Jul 1, 2016 1:12 pm

Wpw we got him with a discount too....

Godfather at his finest!!!!
daoneandonly wrote:
it's not that I'm disrespecting Wade or saying he's not a solid NBA player,I'm saying he never was or never will be a superstar.When it comes right down to it,Wade is just not that good.
ryanpuge
Senior

Post#522 » by ryanpuge » Fri Jul 1, 2016 1:22 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Mark K wrote:
ryanpuge wrote:Next question, is there enough money to pitch for KD???

Came in here to ask a similar question. Not 100% sure across your cap situation, but is it Durant or Wade at this point?

He's not coming here, lmao.

We would practically have to blow up the team. Okc is the best destination.

I agree that OKC is thr best for KD...

But I wouldnt count out Riley and Miami's mgt...
As long as its mathematically possible...
If we dont get it on Sunday, Riley might plant seeds to KD for next year in case he sign with OKC to 1+1 contract....

Oth, i really thought we cannot sign Whiteside on a discount coz Dallas is our rival... But of corz Riley being Riley with his magic...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2016/06/heat-dealing-with-backcourt-issues-as-free-agency-starts-plus-whiteside-johnson-um-dolphins-marlins.html
daoneandonly wrote:
it's not that I'm disrespecting Wade or saying he's not a solid NBA player,I'm saying he never was or never will be a superstar.When it comes right down to it,Wade is just not that good.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,137

Post#523 » by Heat3 » Fri Jul 1, 2016 1:52 pm

Welcome back Whiteside!

Windbag and Lebatard are upset.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#524 » by DefenseWins » Fri Jul 1, 2016 2:00 pm

I honestly thought he was about to leave, because we didn't give him the max, but the 98mil is indeed his max, no?

COMPARED to the ridiculous amount some people just got, like Batum and DeRozan and even Mozgov who did absolutely nothing last year got what, 15mil a year?

It is a good deal for us.

Now to retain Wade. Durant pipe dream won't be this year IMO, he can stay in OKC one more year.
ryanpuge
Senior

Post#525 » by ryanpuge » Fri Jul 1, 2016 2:26 pm

^^^I thought Hassan is entitled to 23.5M 1st year (25% of salary cap)...
daoneandonly wrote:
PizzaLord305
Sixth Man
And1: 6,480

Post#526 » by PizzaLord305 » Fri Jul 1, 2016 2:43 pm

really lucky to be a fan of a team who develops underappreciated guys so well. watching guys like tj and whiteside realize their dreams after busting their butts in lesser leagues for crappy pay is super neat. i really hope this money and the faith the organization has shown whiteside motivates him to act like a pro consistently and take the next step mentally. he really can be an all star if he wants to.

we gotta see a more focused Hassan, cause when he's locked in, hes damn good. i kinda feel like his habit of getting out of position to chase irresponsible rebound and block opportunities stemmed from the fact that he was trying way too hard to prove himself statistically in order to gain the acceptance he's worked so hard to receive. if he takes a more team oriented approach to defense, and makes the most of his offensive opportunites near the glass, this deal is going to look damn good. really nice to see the homie get paid.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 4,999

Post#527 » by TroubleS0me » Fri Jul 1, 2016 2:58 pm

dat Whiteside!
other teams' dreams of getting him have been crushed
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,327

Post#528 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jul 1, 2016 3:06 pm

Congrats guys. Obviously as a Dallas fan it hurts a bit to lose him to Miami specifically. :) But realistically unless Conley was coming too(and he's obviously not) it never made sense for him to come to Dallas. I'm assuming we were leverage to force the Heat to commit right away.

Now I eagerly await to see how the godfather makes this work since right now the Heat cap situation doesn't seem to leave enough room to do enough for this year. But something tells me Riley will find a way.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
DeeDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 266

Post#529 » by DeeDub » Fri Jul 1, 2016 3:16 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Congrats guys. Obviously as a Dallas fan it hurts a bit to lose him to Miami specifically. :) But realistically unless Conley was coming too(and he's obviously not) it never made sense for him to come to Dallas. I'm assuming we were leverage to force the Heat to commit right away.

Now I eagerly await to see how the godfather makes this work since right now the Heat cap situation doesn't seem to leave enough room to do enough for this year. But something tells me Riley will find a way.

It really depends on Bosh. If he comes back as his old self, adding him to the team that was a game away from the ECF is a big deal. The style change at the break last year made a big difference and I think Bosh can fit into that very well. We'll probably lose Deng, but Winslow should be ready to fill that spot and we should get improvement from him, Richardson, Whiteside and TJ.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,327

Post#530 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jul 1, 2016 3:22 pm

DeeDub wrote:
It really depends on Bosh. If he comes back as his old self, adding him to the team that was a game away from the ECF is a big deal. The style change at the break last year made a big difference and I think Bosh can fit into that very well. We'll probably lose Deng, but Winslow should be ready to fill that spot and we should get improvement from him, Richardson, Whiteside and TJ.

Help me remember, but I thought the Heat weren't as effective with both Bosh and Whiteside on the court at the same time? I know Whiteside was even rocking a negative +/- well into the season. Obviously they can and probably will stagger their minutes quite a bit which will help.

Bosh/Whiteside feels like it should really work well offensively, so I'm guessing Bosh must of struggled defending PF's? Either way here's hoping they can work out Bosh's health so he can play with no(minimal) risks to his health. Truly one of the really good guys in the Association.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
ryanpuge
Senior

Post#531 » by ryanpuge » Fri Jul 1, 2016 3:23 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Congrats guys. Obviously as a Dallas fan it hurts a bit to lose him to Miami specifically. :) But realistically unless Conley was coming too(and he's obviously not) it never made sense for him to come to Dallas. I'm assuming we were leverage to force the Heat to commit right away.

Classy post... Considering all the history between the 2 teams, I understand how you guys feel on losing Hassan's sweepstakes to Miami... But luck will be on Cuban's side soon...i respect him for trying every year like Riley...

Good.luck going forward....
daoneandonly wrote:
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#532 » by Dr_Heat » Fri Jul 1, 2016 3:26 pm

Thank you sir, good luck next year .
Nice city you have , went there last summer. Nice people.
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#533 » by QUIZ » Fri Jul 1, 2016 3:56 pm

Well this thread has gone full circle. I thought of the idea of 'road to the max' back in the 14-15 season. He's had his up and downs. A lot of good and a lot of bad but we made it here together which is how we will remain.

GG Hassan.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,718

Post#534 » by Seabass777 » Fri Jul 1, 2016 4:08 pm

Hope everything goes well for Dallas but can't lose something you never had. Best of luck to the Mavs organization.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,462

Post#535 » by fishfuego. » Fri Jul 1, 2016 4:19 pm

Great deal for a dominant center.
How much they go for now days..150 mill?
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,008

Post#536 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jul 1, 2016 4:30 pm

Don't worry TC, word is Wade is coming to Dallas. You're apparently getting one of our big fish.

Seriously though, the Heat are strapped because of the Bosh crisis. We had a chance to do something and it was snatched away from us. Health and luck. Two key components of championship caliber teams.
CrossOver
Starter
And1: 3,416

Post#537 » by CrossOver » Fri Jul 1, 2016 4:32 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/748916562191523841[/tweet]
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,008

Post#538 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jul 1, 2016 4:36 pm

CrossOver wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/748916562191523841[/tweet]

:lol:

Durant is going to need more than some wiggle.

I like how the script has flipped. From Hassan bouncing to Dallas because he was upset at the non-max dealio, to being willing to take a cut to get KD.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,462

Post#539 » by fishfuego. » Fri Jul 1, 2016 4:42 pm

It is business plot that even the players play a part.
As a competitor a professional player seeks two things..financial stability and glory.
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#540 » by SlowPaced » Fri Jul 1, 2016 5:05 pm

Hassan Wiltside is back! Time to rejoice.

:rockon:

Return to Miami Heat