ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat 2016 Offseason Thread: Free Agency/Trades (Pt VIII) "Y'all finished or y'all done?"

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Alex36199
Senior
And1: 1,508

Re: Official Miami Heat 2016 Offseason Thread: Free Agency/Trades (Pt VIII) "Y'all finished or y'all done?" 

Post#1941 » by Alex36199 » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:37 pm

KingDavid wrote:I see both sides of the argument actually. None of you are necessarily wrong. Pay Wade for the sacrifices he's made over the years vs. paying what we can afford IF we get Durant.

My stance? I would like to give him a 3/60, but Wade would have had his money if he didn't opt out when he knew his best buddy lebron was leaving. He should be upset with lebron for messing up his money from then, not mad at the organization because they're doing their job. They might not want to overpay him for his own fk up with lebron. 34, 35, 36 year old wade is not someone that you max unless you're a lottery team.

He'll get the rest of the cap once the team realizes that they have zero chance at Durant. Such a monstrous ego though. If KD comes down here and Wade isn't willing to take less, whatever, we can make the team worse and move Dragic + McRoberts to make room. Wade just needs to sit down and chill in the meantime.

Maybe i read this incorrectly, but someone mentioned that if the decision was to keep Wade or Durant that the organization would choose Wade? That is probably the stupidest post in this thread.

Sent from my SM-N920T using RealGM mobile app

1,000,000 and1's for you
batterybro42
Rookie
And1: 1,486

Re: Official Miami Heat 2016 Offseason Thread: Free Agency/Trades (Pt VIII) "Y'all finished or y'all done?" 

Post#1942 » by batterybro42 » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:38 pm

Shewasfly wrote:
batterybro42 wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:
I'm not buying it. We try any and everything when it comes to Wade's salary, including and not limited to asking him to take the vet min so we can "take care of him" next year with a max. But the option to at least try to trade Bosh was and is omg just a moot point. Even when we're saying he's good to go and coming back? If yall say so....

You are the one making the board unbearable right now, putting words in everybody's mouth, and looking for reasons to attack other posters.

This is obviously a very emotional time for you so why don't you take a break so we can have solid discussions with emotionally stable individuals

Thanks!

Nobody, on the internet or in real life, cares about your opinion. You were probably wondering if this is the case before you typed your post and now mine should ensure it for you. Hope this helps!

I would hate to see how you deal with real life problems, if NBA free agency makes you this unstable
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,806

Post#1943 » by KingDavid » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:40 pm

Seabass777 wrote:We need some WOJ bombs on the Heat as soon as possible.

I could fart. It'll have a similar effect.

Everyone would be excited.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1944 » by goodboy » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:40 pm

Alex36199 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:I see both sides of the argument actually. None of you are necessarily wrong. Pay Wade for the sacrifices he's made over the years vs. paying what we can afford IF we get Durant.

My stance? I would like to give him a 3/60, but Wade would have had his money if he didn't opt out when he knew his best buddy lebron was leaving. He should be upset with lebron for messing up his money from then, not mad at the organization because they're doing their job. They might not want to overpay him for his own fk up with lebron. 34, 35, 36 year old wade is not someone that you max unless you're a lottery team.

He'll get the rest of the cap once the team realizes that they have zero chance at Durant. Such a monstrous ego though. If KD comes down here and Wade isn't willing to take less, whatever, we can make the team worse and move Dragic + McRoberts to make room. Wade just needs to sit down and chill in the meantime.

Maybe i read this incorrectly, but someone mentioned that if the decision was to keep Wade or Durant that the organization would choose Wade? That is probably the stupidest post in this thread.

1,000,000 and1's for you Buddy

fixed
Bright
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,088

Post#1945 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:40 pm

Shewasfly wrote:
Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:
edit: And why would KD come here if the whole league apparently knows Bosh is done and thats why no one would trade for him? These narratives aren't adding up to me.

The league doesn't know. But we do. The only people with any solid information on Bosh right now is the organization, Chris himself, and his doctors.

I understand your skepticism, but I think its clear if we really were counting on Bosh to be back and healthy next year, there would be a lot more support coming from the team. One thing about the Heat, they have very few leaks, so whatever the Bosh situation is, I wouldn't expect us to really know what's happening until they want the public to know.

But the longer it goes without some real backing, the more I think they want him to retire.

I hear what you're saying and I agree that most fans would not touch Bosh right now. I'm just questioning the strategy with Bosh in general.

If we believe Bosh is good to go, or are selling Durant on that, we should have been leaking plenty about how great his health is up till now. Not just for Durant but to try to get trade interest for him.

If we don't believe Bosh is good to go, we certainly shouldn't be trying to sell Durant on it. Moreover, we should be more aggressively meeting with the Players Union to get it resolved and get his retirement so we can take options necessary. Waiting around getting weaker by subtraction and pissing off Wade isn't helping. I think its going to be messy no matter what tbh.

The problem is, you can't fast track his retirement. He has to be out of action until February either way, because that is when he last played, and he must be out for at least a year for us to get any sort of cap relief next season.

Its also a very sensitive situation, as Bosh is a high character guy who everyone seems to like. And remember, he shares an agent with Wade... if we treat him poorly, that reflects on the organization.

Not to mention, this is all assuming the organization and Chris have already decided where they stand on the matter.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,224

Post#1946 » by Rapaz » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:41 pm

KingDavid wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Image

Tom Brady...Oh the Patriots are trying to recruit their next receiver?

Show us how it's done, Ainge.

And look, KD, I'm wearing your sneakers!! Clown.

Spoiler:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/coop3ainge/status/748731298210942977[/tweet]
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1947 » by KingDavid » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:41 pm

Alex36199 wrote:

1,000,000 and1's for you

I thank you.

But please, keep reading as I further step into insanity.
#HEATLifer

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1948 » by KingDavid » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:43 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:
Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
The league doesn't know. But we do. The only people with any solid information on Bosh right now is the organization, Chris himself, and his doctors.

I understand your skepticism, but I think its clear if we really were counting on Bosh to be back and healthy next year, there would be a lot more support coming from the team. One thing about the Heat, they have very few leaks, so whatever the Bosh situation is, I wouldn't expect us to really know what's happening until they want the public to know.

But the longer it goes without some real backing, the more I think they want him to retire.

I hear what you're saying and I agree that most fans would not touch Bosh right now. I'm just questioning the strategy with Bosh in general.

If we believe Bosh is good to go, or are selling Durant on that, we should have been leaking plenty about how great his health is up till now. Not just for Durant but to try to get trade interest for him.

If we don't believe Bosh is good to go, we certainly shouldn't be trying to sell Durant on it. Moreover, we should be more aggressively meeting with the Players Union to get it resolved and get his retirement so we can take options necessary. Waiting around getting weaker by subtraction and pissing off Wade isn't helping. I think its going to be messy no matter what tbh.

The problem is, you can't fast track his retirement. He has to be out of action until February either way, because that is when he last played, and he must be out for at least a year for us to get any sort of cap relief next season.

Its also a very sensitive situation, as Bosh is a high character guy who everyone seems to like. And remember, he shares an agent with Wade... if we treat him poorly, that reflects on the organization.

Not to mention, this is all assuming the organization and Chris have already decided where they stand on the matter.

Can't fast track retirement?

Give me the winning powerball numbers, I'll show you all how it's done.
#HEATLifer

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,703

Post#1949 » by DayofMourning » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:43 pm

Hey guys, its been a real pleasure to read the past several pages of this thread. Seriously commendable material. Since Wade has brought forth such well thought out opinions, I felt that it was only right that he got his own FA thread.

Please post all content regarding Wade here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1460156
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1950 » by KingDavid » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:45 pm

Rapaz wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Image

Tom Brady...Oh the Patriots are trying to recruit their next receiver?

Spoiler:

Those aren't my sneakers!

Additionally, please refrain from using "KD" as it confuses me when I am inebriated.
#HEATLifer

Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,690

Post#1951 » by Shewasfly » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:45 pm

batterybro42 wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:
batterybro42 wrote:
You are the one making the board unbearable right now, putting words in everybody's mouth, and looking for reasons to attack other posters.

This is obviously a very emotional time for you so why don't you take a break so we can have solid discussions with emotionally stable individuals

Thanks!

Nobody, on the internet or in real life, cares about your opinion. You were probably wondering if this is the case before you typed your post and now mine should ensure it for you. Hope this helps!

I would hate to see how you deal with real life problems, if NBA free agency makes you this unstable

I'm having regular debates (minus with Prince Ali, who, much like you, attacked me because I don't agree with your viewpoint and is still gossiping to other posters about it) and you're in here coming at me with weak ad hominems. You can't even handle an opposing opinion like an adult, and even further have admitted you're so pressed emotionally that you can't even read the board because someone is saying things you don't like. Yet I'm unstable?

Sweetheart, there are FAR more posters on your side of the fence and I'm managing to read the board just fine. How about you have a warm glass of milk and take a nap. Its not that serious. And let me remind you again that nobody gives an iota of a **** about your opinion.

All the best.
:tiredJB:
Prince Ali
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Post#1952 » by Prince Ali » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:46 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Hey guys, its been a real pleasure to read the past several pages of this thread. Seriously commendable material. Since Wade has brought forth such well thought out opinions, I felt that it was only right that he got his own FA thread.

Please post all content regarding Wade here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1460156

THANK YOU
J-House
Veteran
And1: 10,884

Post#1953 » by J-House » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:46 pm

Danny Ainge needs a nice punch to the jaw.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,960

Post#1954 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:46 pm

Rapaz wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/749335242192850944[/tweet]
He knows better than to publicly encroach onto The Godfather's turf.
interesting...
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,224

Post#1955 » by Rapaz » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:48 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Rapaz wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Tom Brady...Oh the Patriots are trying to recruit their next receiver?

Spoiler:

Those aren't my sneakers!

Additionally, please refrain from using "KD" as it confuses me when I am inebriated.

I vacillated on what to call them but ultimately concluded that, since I was using Ainge's voice, "sneakers" would be the appropriate term. I regret not having used "tennis shoes."
Myam333
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,909

Post#1956 » by Myam333 » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:48 pm

Ryan Anderson just got 80mil/4 years from the Rockets
batterybro42
Rookie
And1: 1,486

Post#1957 » by batterybro42 » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:48 pm

Shewasfly wrote:
batterybro42 wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:

I'm having regular debates (minus with Prince Ali, who, much like you, attacked me because I don't agree with your viewpoint and is still gossiping to other posters about it) and you're in here coming at me with weak ad hominems. You can't even handle an opposing opinion like an adult, and even further have admitted you're so pressed emotionally that you can't even read the board because someone is saying things you don't like. Yet I'm unstable?

Sweetheart, there are FAR more posters on your side of the fence and I'm managing to read the board just fine. How about you have a warm glass of milk and take a nap. Its not that serious. And let me remind you again that nobody gives an iota of a **** about your opinion.

All the best.

Says he does not care about my opinion

Types a 2 paragraph post to respond to it

Yah buddy it's time for a break, I am sure Wade appreciates your dedication to helping him fight the Heatboard
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,690

Post#1958 » by Shewasfly » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:49 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:
Tim_Hardawayy wrote:

I thought that if we knew he was retiring and did the stretch option we get some immediately cap relief and then all of it in February?

And we don't want to treat Bosh poorly because it reflects on the organization but....smh.
:tiredJB:
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,439

Post#1959 » by Bishop45 » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:50 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/749318109031493632[/tweet]

Bishop you get to see BIMBI now

I like it, even more if it means bye-bye Vuc. Still wanted to see H-to-the-Hezzo pick dem keys up off the flo'
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#1960 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:50 pm

Alex36199 wrote:

1,000,000 and1's for you

:wavefinger: that's my line , get your own line Buddy :P
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof

Return to Miami Heat