ImageImageImage

Hassan Whiteside Signs 4yr Deal With the Miami Heat

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

I_Never Lied
Pro Prospect
And1: 377

Re: Hassan Whiteside Signs 4yr Deal With the Miami Heat 

Post#61 » by I_Never Lied » Tue Aug 2, 2016 7:20 am

perempe20 wrote:I'm a fan. if I had to choose between him and DJ, I would choose him. he can develop an even better jumper, but he's already better than Wade and LeBron.

Who are you talking about?
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,303

Post#62 » by Bishop45 » Tue Aug 2, 2016 9:58 am

I_Never Lied wrote:
perempe20 wrote:I'm a fan. if I had to choose between him and DJ, I would choose him. he can develop an even better jumper, but he's already better than Wade and LeBron.

Hassan "LebronWade" Whiteside
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,303

Post#63 » by Bishop45 » Tue Aug 2, 2016 10:28 am

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wades-exit-blessing-heat-follow-history/story?id=40551233

If you watched the Heat closely last season, you would expect Wade's departure to devastate Whiteside, their new franchise player. Wade knew how to get Whiteside the ball; according to the NBA StatsCube database, Wade assisted on 92 Whiteside baskets last season, while starting point guard Goran Dragic assisted Whiteside only 65 times. Zeroing in further, Wade successfully tossed 29 alley-oop lobs to Whiteside -- twice as many as Dragic did.

So Whiteside and the Heat will suffer without Wade, right? Well, it's not that simple.

Pick-and-roll chemistry is just one slice of the Heat's overall play. Interestingly, Whiteside posted superior numbers without Wade. Per StatsCube, Whiteside registered a 30.3 PER without Wade on the floor. When Wade was out there? Whiteside's PER fell to "just" 23.9. Even without Wade's assistance, Whiteside still shot 60.6 percent from the floor last season, aided by floor-spacing rookie Josh Richardson, who shot 53-of-115 (46.1 percent) from deep last season. With fewer bodies packing the paint, Whiteside enjoyed more space to work in.

Your turn, papi
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 930

Post#64 » by perempe20 » Tue Aug 2, 2016 12:04 pm

I_Never Lied wrote:

Hassan and the two former Heat players and their midrange game. (DJ = DeAndre Jordan)
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,683

Post#65 » by KingDavid » Tue Aug 2, 2016 3:49 pm

perempe20 wrote:
I_Never Lied wrote:

Hassan and the two former Heat players and their midrange game. (DJ = DeAndre Jordan)

How the hell is Hassan better than Wade and James? Their best skill is their ability to playmake. Hassan couldn't even get two assists per game.

Edit: just realized you're talking about the jumper. That's a hilariously incorrect statement. Hassan taking open set shots doesn't mean he's better than two guys who have to go through hell to get a midrange jumper off.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,793

Post#66 » by Mos_Heat » Tue Aug 2, 2016 4:40 pm

perempe20 wrote:
I_Never Lied wrote:

He can't create shots for himself, he'll never be better
:reporter:
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 930

Post#67 » by perempe20 » Tue Aug 2, 2016 9:31 pm

KingDavid wrote:
perempe20 wrote:
I_Never Lied wrote:

Edit: just realized you're talking about the jumper. That's a hilariously incorrect statement. Hassan taking open set shots doesn't mean he's better than two guys who have to go through hell to get a midrange jumper off.

I'm talking about efficiency. Hassan is shooting 41% from midrange, while LeBron and Wade are below 40%. (Steph is 42%, while Dirk is 45%.)
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#68 » by KingDavid » Wed Aug 3, 2016 9:28 pm

perempe20 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
perempe20 wrote:

I'm talking about efficiency. Hassan is shooting 41% from midrange, while LeBron and Wade are below 40%. (Steph is 42%, while Dirk is 45%.)

Yeah, numbers are fun when there's no context.
#HEATLifer

NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#69 » by NBADraft2003 » Thu Aug 4, 2016 4:03 am

CoffeeCakez wrote:congrats guys! wish lakers had a shot at him but what can you do. I'm really happy d-wade will get to play with a legit big man for a few more years, if bosh comes back this heat team could challenge the cavs.

ndnow
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#70 » by ndnow » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:58 pm

KingDavid wrote:
perempe20 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:

Yeah, numbers are fun when there's no context.

Yup. It happens all the time with analytics in the non professional world. Miss application of statistics is worse than not applying them at all.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,607

Post#71 » by kyphi » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:21 pm

I'm sure Riley regrets letting Wade walk, but he took him for granted. Wade willingly took less money for how many seasons, and then the Heat make Whiteside (whom I so WANT to succeed) a priority. LeBron saying how great it was to be home during the same period. It turned into a hot mess with Wade (will ALWAYS love him for what he accomplished in Miami).
So now it's time for the Heat money to show up for the Heat Nation. We play the best we have as shown in the past.
CanesHeatFins
Senior
And1: 650

Post#72 » by CanesHeatFins » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:20 pm

kyphi wrote:I'm sure Riley regrets letting Wade walk, but he took him for granted. Wade willingly took less money for how many seasons, and then the Heat make Whiteside (whom I so WANT to succeed) a priority. LeBron saying how great it was to be home during the same period. It turned into a hot mess with Wade (will ALWAYS love him for what he accomplished in Miami).
So now it's time for the Heat money to show up for the Heat Nation. We play the best we have as shown in the past.

This incoming rant is not directed at you kyphi

Dirk didn't get his panties in a bunch when Dallas made Hassan their number 1 target this offseason nor did he when they made Deandre Jordan the # 1 priority last season and Parsons before that.

Also Tim Duncan didn't go full diva when the Spurs made LaMarcus the number 1 priority last season, or Kawhi before that.

In my opinion the only things that Riley took a misstep on was that he sacrificed a roster spot on this year's squad, just to sign Joe Johnson a week early and he grossly overestimated Wade's maturity. Can't believe that I live in a world where offering 21millon U.S. dollars per year to a 35yo sg is code for letting a player walk.

I for one hope that we are done with the whole fake "sacrifice" discounts. The players have turned sacrificed discounts, that were motivated by winning, into a back ended loan. And in the end, it just hangs negativity over the franchise's head. I used to like the "sacrifices", but now these players want their cake and eat it to.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by kyphi » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:39 pm

Don't worry about me, but thanks anyway. A flat amount per year plus a signing bonus (can they still do that?) is the way the organization would want, and he was never the highest paid on the team. A player who was a major play in all 3 of the Heat's championships and never made the most because Riley, whom I consider a basketball god when he dies) assumed he wouldn't walk away.
Simply nostalgia on my part since Wade isn't here. I'll keep track of him for the rest of his career, though.

So go Whiteside and Winslow!!Go Heat!
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,780

Post#74 » by Hallstar » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:40 pm

CanesHeatFins wrote:
kyphi wrote:I'm sure Riley regrets letting Wade walk, but he took him for granted. Wade willingly took less money for how many seasons, and then the Heat make Whiteside (whom I so WANT to succeed) a priority. LeBron saying how great it was to be home during the same period. It turned into a hot mess with Wade (will ALWAYS love him for what he accomplished in Miami).

Dirk didn't get his panties in a bunch when Dallas made Hassan their number 1 target this offseason nor did he when they made Deandre Jordan the # 1 priority last season and Parsons before that.

Also Tim Duncan didn't go full diva when the Spurs made LaMarcus the number 1 priority last season, or Kawhi before that.

In my opinion the only things that Riley took a misstep on was that he sacrificed a roster spot on this year's squad, just to sign Joe Johnson a week early and he grossly overestimated Wade's maturity. Can't believe that I live in a world where offering 21millon U.S. dollars per year to a 35yo sg is code for letting a player walk.

I for one hope that we are done with the whole fake "sacrifice" discounts. The players have turned sacrificed discounts, that were motivated by winning, into a back ended loan. And in the end, it just hangs negativity over the franchise's head. I used to like the "sacrifices", but now these players want their cake and eat it to.

When those targets failed Dallas gave Dirk his money, a 38 year old PF. Dallas also NEVER asked DIrk to take any discounts throughout his prime.

Overestimated maturity? What discounts did Kobe ever give? He has 5 rings. This building through capspace BS is just a code word for cheap. And that era is over
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by kyphi » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:50 pm

I agree to a point. Superstars in search of a ring MAY take less to team up. To win championships, teams need at least two so-called superstars to even be in the running. Also, good point about Dirk and Kobe and how rare it is to find mutual respect between administration and players
Prince Ali
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Post#76 » by Prince Ali » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:42 pm

Hallstar wrote:
CanesHeatFins wrote:

When those targets failed Dallas gave Dirk his money, a 38 year old PF. Dallas also NEVER asked DIrk to take any discounts throughout his prime.

Overestimated maturity? What discounts did Kobe ever give? He has 5 rings. This building through capspace BS is just a code word for cheap. And that era is over

The Heat didnt ask Wade to take discounts throughout his prime. In 2010 all of the Big 3 were going to have to take less to accommodate UD, only LeBron (Wade's friend) wasn't sacrificing any additional money for him, so Wade being the good guy he is took less to keep UD in Miami. Then in 2014 Wade (no longer in his prime btw) opts out of deal and ends up signing a smaller deal, again thanks to his friend who left, and his own agent who strung him out to dry while getting Bosh max money. Maybe Wade should have been more like Kobe and been all about his money from day one, he probably is sacrificing a ring or two but at least he didnt have to kick back any money.
CanesHeatFins
Senior
And1: 650

Post#77 » by CanesHeatFins » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:28 am

Hallstar wrote:
CanesHeatFins wrote:

Dirk only pulled in 10mil last season, so they were able to keep his bird rights, go whale hunting, and and still give him a kobe deal.

I'm way too knowledgeable of the cap and my team for anyone to try and pull the "Wade has never been the highest paid" or that the team asked Wade for a discount. Wade took one discount in his prime and that was a decision he alone made when he wanted to bring back his boy Haslem when they formed the big 3.

The only way to give Wade the 50 million that Chicago wasn't required to give him for some reason, was to either trade off McBob with Winslow or Richardson, summon a wizard to conjure up draft picks to pair with McBob, or ask Hassan on his big pay day to take an approx 20 million discount stretched out over 4yrs to clear off the required extra 5mil per yr to give to Wade.

Or

Wade could've done like Riley wanted(8mil 37mil 27mil) and like Dallas did Dirk....take a low 10-12 millon figure this yr, keep ya bird rights by having a low cap hold, and then get a huge kobe deal that doesn't effect the building of the team.....But all of this is assuming Wade was telling bold face lies when said "it was my decision to be selfish" and "Let’s clear up the notion Pat Riley orchestrated me getting out of in Miami. This(chicago)is a place I wanted to be."

In a weak attempt to stay on the thread topic, I'll ad an random hassan opinion. How the Heck does Hassan's 2k rating drop after the season he had, and three points lower than KAT. The conspiracy theory in me is thinking that they're trying to bait Hassan into a classic 2k rant for some free publicity.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#78 » by puppa bear » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:36 am

CanesHeatFins wrote:In a weak attempt to stay on the thread topic, I'll ad an random hassan opinion. How the Heck does Hassan's 2k rating drop after the season he had, and three points lower than KAT. The conspiracy theory in me is thinking that they're trying to bait Hassan into a classic 2k rant for some free publicity.

Totally, he's the type of personality to complain about this & he's big enough to get them a bunch of free press, then fix it in the next update.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#79 » by KingDavid » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:54 pm

As far as 2k rating goes, Hassan is not as skilled as KAT. That alone keeps his rating down. Did 2k state which attributes were lowered? If there's more emphasis on passing...also, Hassan shot 59% from the ft line in the playoffs. And yeah Hassan is stupidly giving them constant free publicity. If they can't show love with his rating, then he doesn't need to be putting all over social media that he plays 2k.

That man needs a publicist.
#HEATLifer

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#80 » by KingDavid » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:23 pm

CanesHeatFins wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
CanesHeatFins wrote:

Dirk only pulled in 10mil last season, so they were able to keep his bird rights, go whale hunting, and and still give him a kobe deal.

I'm way too knowledgeable of the cap and my team for anyone to try and pull the "Wade has never been the highest paid" or that the team asked Wade for a discount. Wade took one discount in his prime and that was a decision he alone made when he wanted to bring back his boy Haslem when they formed the big 3.

The only way to give Wade the 50 million that Chicago wasn't required to give him for some reason, was to either trade off McBob with Winslow or Richardson, summon a wizard to conjure up draft picks to pair with McBob, or ask Hassan on his big pay day to take an approx 20 million discount stretched out over 4yrs to clear off the required extra 5mil per yr to give to Wade.

Or

Wade could've done like Riley wanted(8mil 37mil 27mil) and like Dallas did Dirk....take a low 10-12 millon figure this yr, keep ya bird rights by having a low cap hold, and then get a huge kobe deal that doesn't effect the building of the team.....But all of this is assuming Wade was telling bold face lies when said "it was my decision to be selfish" and "Let’s clear up the notion Pat Riley orchestrated me getting out of in Miami. This(chicago)is a place I wanted to be."

In a weak attempt to stay on the thread topic, I'll ad an random hassan opinion. How the Heck does Hassan's 2k rating drop after the season he had, and three points lower than KAT. The conspiracy theory in me is thinking that they're trying to bait Hassan into a classic 2k rant for some free publicity.

I don't think we should hold the actions and decisions of other players against Wade. Everyone is different. No matter the underlying reason, Wade wanted more money, Pat didn't want to give it, and so Wade left. It isn't greed on Wade's end as "he has a duty to his peers to make the most money possible" -as Lebron correctly put it. It isn't greed on Pat's end, where his job is to build a team within cap rules. They both did what they had to do. It sucks, but that's business. Hopefully Wade comes back down the line.
#HEATLifer

Return to Miami Heat