ImageImageImage

Trade Speculation (Goran ain't going, going nowhere, he can't be shopped, because he's Heat boy for life)

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

fuzzy1
Senior
And1: 293

Re: Trade Speculation (aside from Dragic-Gay which has its own thread) 

Post#1521 » by fuzzy1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:34 pm

puppa bear wrote:
fuzzy1 wrote:It's unclear to me what Goran's trade value is (good player in a loaded position, a TAD long in the tooth), but as a Hawks fan would expirings and a 1st (or two) suffice to bring him in?

Something like Splitter/Scott/Bembry/2017 1st (currently #20) and the Cavs '19 pick? Or our protected T'Wolves pick?

I think that looks like a good haul with the picks and all, but that 2017 pick will slide down a little more and the depth of this draft is at the top 15-18 or so, after that it become a normal draft. There's some nice players that I think will become roleplayer a or even starters that will fall in that 12-18 range. This is the range we want that second 2017 pick to be in.

So we'd be using no our picks to try to trade up to the range where one of those players is still available, and then it becomes expirings plus one pick in the range we are wanting. So it's probably not as strong an offer as we'd like.

I'm not sure I understand it for Atlanta though, if they hadn't just traded Korver for scraps then I could see as a "Schroder's not ready" type of trade, to resecure the PG position. But they did, so is this to have one of those two play PG & the other SG? Then you'd be better trying to get Richardson or TJ, who are more combos than Dragic. I just don't see the point for the Hawks.

I like the idea of Dragic and Schroeder playing alongside each other similar to the way he and Bledsoe did, TBH. I think it's a better 1-2 punch than Teague and Schroeder were and they were great together for us. Dragic would backup Schroeder and play alongside him some too theoretically.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,634

Post#1522 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:39 pm

No sense in trading Dragic unless we secure ourselves at very least in the late lottery. Any trade we make with a boderline playoff team runs the risk of that pick heading into the mid to late teens. 76ers, Pelicans, and Wolves are the only teams i would feel comfortable in making a deal for a pick. I have the Magic on the outside looking in.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#1523 » by gom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:52 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:No sense in trading Dragic unless we secure ourselves at very least in the late lottery. Any trade we make with a boderline playoff team runs the risk of that pick heading into the mid to late teens. 76ers, Pelicans, and Wolves are the only teams i would feel comfortable in making a deal for a pick. I have the Magic on the outside looking in.

That's tricky, Panda. Teams want Dragic to help them perform in the postseason, so it's almost impossible to get a lotto pick in this draft. Remember Riley never said a "lottery" pick. Just a pick.

A player from 15-22 is likely to be a bench player (though, of course, there are plenty of exceptions). Like you, I prefer to keep Hassan and the Dragon, add pieces in the off-season (including our pick) rather than trade him away, but if we can get a young project player and a couple picks (even if they are not lotto picks), the Heat will probably pull the trigger.

What about this deal with the MEM pick for 2017 though?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jz7wu94

I like this. Nurkic can be a good backup for Whiteside. Mudiay gives us a PG prospect so we draft Josh Jackson or Harry Giles (if he ever learns to play defense) or Jonathan Isaac. We have no idea whether we land in the top two for Ball or Fultz anyhow.

MEM pick might be good enough to get Hartenstein, who may have a decent chance; Robert Williams also is a possibility and Dwayne Bacon (on the same team as Jonathan Isaac) are other players who may be available there. None of them are likely NBA starters, but they have a chance. They do look like solid role players or bench prospects.

To be fair, Darrell Arthur adds a lot of weight to the deal, but to get the two young players and a pick, it's probably worth it.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,469

Post#1524 » by Bishop45 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:00 am

fuzzy1 wrote:
puppa bear wrote:
fuzzy1 wrote:It's unclear to me what Goran's trade value is (good player in a loaded position, a TAD long in the tooth), but as a Hawks fan would expirings and a 1st (or two) suffice to bring him in?

Something like Splitter/Scott/Bembry/2017 1st (currently #20) and the Cavs '19 pick? Or our protected T'Wolves pick?

I think that looks like a good haul with the picks and all, but that 2017 pick will slide down a little more and the depth of this draft is at the top 15-18 or so, after that it become a normal draft. There's some nice players that I think will become roleplayer a or even starters that will fall in that 12-18 range. This is the range we want that second 2017 pick to be in.

So we'd be using no our picks to try to trade up to the range where one of those players is still available, and then it becomes expirings plus one pick in the range we are wanting. So it's probably not as strong an offer as we'd like.

I'm not sure I understand it for Atlanta though, if they hadn't just traded Korver for scraps then I could see as a "Schroder's not ready" type of trade, to resecure the PG position. But they did, so is this to have one of those two play PG & the other SG? Then you'd be better trying to get Richardson or TJ, who are more combos than Dragic. I just don't see the point for the Hawks.

I like the idea of Dragic and Schroeder playing alongside each other similar to the way he and Bledsoe did, TBH. I think it's a better 1-2 punch than Teague and Schroeder were and they were great together for us. Dragic would backup Schroeder and play alongside him some too theoretically.

I've always thought Dragic would be a good fit in ATL and the way y'all play, not sure what type of trade Riles is looking for. He's one of our only veterans so I don't see the urgency to trade him but it matters who you ask
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1525 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:02 am

gom wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:No sense in trading Dragic unless we secure ourselves at very least in the late lottery. Any trade we make with a boderline playoff team runs the risk of that pick heading into the mid to late teens. 76ers, Pelicans, and Wolves are the only teams i would feel comfortable in making a deal for a pick. I have the Magic on the outside looking in.

That's tricky, Panda. Teams want Dragic to help them perform in the postseason, so it's almost impossible to get a lotto pick in this draft. Remember Riley never said a "lottery" pick. Just a pick.

A player from 15-22 is likely to be a bench player (though, of course, there are plenty of exceptions). Like you, I prefer to keep Hassan and the Dragon, add pieces in the off-season (including our pick) rather than trade him away, but if we can get a young project player and a couple picks (even if they are not lotto picks), the Heat will probably pull the trigger.

I like this. Nurkic can be a good backup for Whiteside. Mudiay gives us a PG prospect so we draft Josh Jackson or Harry Giles (if he ever learns to play defense) or Jonathan Isaac. We have no idea whether we land in the top two for Ball or Fultz anyhow.

MEM pick might be good enough to get Hartenstein, who may have a decent chance; Robert Williams also is a possibility and Dwayne Bacon (on the same team as Jonathan Isaac) are other players who may be available there. None of them are likely NBA starters, but they have a chance. They do look like solid role players or bench prospects.

To be fair, Darrell Arthur adds a lot of weight to the deal, but to get the two young players and a pick, it's probably worth it.

This trade is a no brainer for us. Have you proposed this on the trade board? Curious to see what Denver fans think of this. Not sure they are going to be so receptive.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1526 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:15 am

Spoiler:
gom wrote:

I'm still holding out hope that the 76ers and the Colangelo's get bold and make a play for Dragic with one of their picks. Even if we have to deal with top 5 restrictions. With the way the sixers are playing lately adding Dragic and Simmons makes them a very exciting team. It will certainly give them plenty of momentum going into next year and maybe puts them in a position to net themselves a nice free agent pickup.
gom

Post#1527 » by gom » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:39 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
gom wrote:

This trade is a no brainer for us. Have you proposed this on the trade board? Curious to see what Denver fans think of this. Not sure they are going to be so receptive.

It's not my trade, Panda. I read about it. I don't have a link unfortunately. It mentioned that Nurkic was redundant in Denver because of Nokic (I disagree with this) and that Mudiay could learn under Spo what he can't get right in Denver. Mudiay has been a disappointment, especially with how high he was drafted. Seriously, with Mudiay, Hezonja, WCS, Okafor, and Stanley Johnson's performance, Winslow (even the injured Winslow we had this season) makes me feel pretty good. Arthur was instead of Faried who now looks to be part of a playoff run.

Also, I'm not sure if I like it to be honest. Nurkic is a backup in the wrong position and will want to start, which isn't going to happen much. Mudiay is terrible, really, really, really bad, and I can't see Spo (who couldn't teach Napier) getting Mudiay right. The best part of the deal may be Arthur who played well last year, but that's a steep 4-year contract for a player who is underperforming.

I'm back on Wed so I can make the River Plate game. It's the first time I'll see Cení train São Paulo.
afour495+
Sophomore
And1: 152

Post#1528 » by afour495+ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:01 am

gom wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
gom wrote:

It's not my trade, Panda. I read about it. I don't have a link unfortunately. It mentioned that Nurkic was redundant in Denver because of Nokic (I disagree with this) and that Mudiay could learn under Spo what he can't get right in Denver. Mudiay has been a disappointment, especially with how high he was drafted. Seriously, with Mudiay, Hezonja, WCS, Okafor, and Stanley Johnson's performance, Winslow (even the injured Winslow we had this season) makes me feel pretty good. Arthur was instead of Faried who now looks to be part of a playoff run.

Also, I'm not sure if I like it to be honest. Nurkic is a backup in the wrong position and will want to start, which isn't going to happen much. Mudiay is terrible, really, really, really bad, and I can't see Spo (who couldn't teach Napier) getting Mudiay right. The best part of the deal may be Arthur who played well last year, but that's a steep 4-year contract for a player who is underperforming.

I'm back on Wed so I can make the River Plate game. It's the first time I'll see Cení train São Paulo.

If you could get another deal with Whiteside to BOS for both brooklyn picks and change that would make this trade pretty good.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,469

Post#1529 » by Bishop45 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:10 am

Whiteside probably gets a 4-10er, I don't think he'll get us a top 3
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#1530 » by sportscrazy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:18 am

After Bosh's salary falls off..

Carmelo Anthony for Justise Winslow, Dion Waiters and Josh McRoberts?

Then on draft night, agreeing to a deal to be completed July 1st that creates cap space for the Spurs and allows them to re-tool around Kawhi Leonard by offering your 2017 first round pick and TPE for LaMarcus Aldridge. I could see the Spurs doing it as a pivot type move especially if they had a direction in mind with their cap space and Riley would end up with...

C-Hassan Whiteside
PF-LaMarcus Aldridge
SF-Carmelo Anthony
SG-Tyler Johnson
PG-Goran Dragic
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
Prince Ali
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Post#1531 » by Prince Ali » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:31 am

sportscrazy wrote:After Bosh's salary falls off..

Carmelo Anthony for Justise Winslow, Dion Waiters and Josh McRoberts?

Then on draft night, agreeing to a deal to be completed July 1st that creates cap space for the Spurs and allows them to re-tool around Kawhi Leonard by offering your 2017 first round pick and TPE for LaMarcus Aldridge. I could see the Spurs doing it as a pivot type move especially if they had a direction in mind with their cap space and Riley would end up with...

C-Hassan Whiteside
PF-LaMarcus Aldridge
SF-Carmelo Anthony
SG-Tyler Johnson
PG-Goran Dragic

Why would the Knicks make this deal?

Why would the Spurs make this deal?

They can both get substantially better offers
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,800

Post#1532 » by Mos_Heat » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:40 am

Mia first for LA is an awful trade for us
:reporter:
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,219

Post#1533 » by twix2500 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:38 am

Just a thought, it appears Dallas is beginning to get their game together and may be making a run for the playoffs. Could the Mavericks become a team interested in Goran Dragic?
Rich2Hassan
RealGM
And1: 5,800

Post#1534 » by Rich2Hassan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:01 am

Why are we trying trade our top 3 pick in a deep draft for washed up stars exiting their prime? I don't get it.
Heat President of TANK operations.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,828

Post#1535 » by KingDavid » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:18 am

Bishop45 wrote:Whiteside probably gets a 4-10er, I don't think he'll get us a top 3

Boston would debate the Nets pick for Hassan.

Debate.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,742

Post#1536 » by Chalm Down » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:34 am

Melo needs to be at the 4 for a successful team
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
gom

Post#1537 » by gom » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:53 am

Melo may be available for expirings or just absorbing into our cap space after Bosh is off the books the way things are going in New York. 2-11 last 13 games. Locker room blow ups... It ain't pretty.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1538 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:10 am

gom wrote:Melo may be available for expirings or just absorbing into our cap space after Bosh is off the books the way things are going in New York. 2-11 last 13 games. Locker room blow ups... It ain't pretty.

He's not waiving NTC to come here. Clippers are the only logical trade match. He's only agreeing to a trade to play with one of the super friends. Paul seems like the one. It also helps the Clippers resign Paul. I think a Griffin for Melo trade could possibly happen. Knicks might have to trade pick with Melo to make it happen.
gom

Post#1539 » by gom » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:14 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
gom wrote:Melo may be available for expirings or just absorbing into our cap space after Bosh is off the books the way things are going in New York. 2-11 last 13 games. Locker room blow ups... It ain't pretty.

He's not waiving NTC to come here. Clippers are the only logical trade match. He's only agreeing to a trade to play with one of the super friends. Paul seems like the one. It also helps the Clippers resign Paul. I think a Griffin for Melo trade could possibly happen. Knicks might have to trade pick with Melo to make it happen.

I doubt that Clippers want to break up their core (even with Blake having so many injuries) to add a disgruntled player who has never had any club success. Melo's options aren't as great as they sound. A NTC only goes so far if you are unhappy on the team. It's Krispy's team anyway now.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1540 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:28 am

gom wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:

I doubt that Clippers want to break up their core (even with Blake having so many injuries) to add a disgruntled player who has never had any club success. Melo's options aren't as great as they sound. A NTC only goes so far if you are unhappy on the team. It's Krispy's team anyway now.

Melo has specifically said he wants to get traded to either the Cavs or Clips. The NTC is everything for Melo and will not agree to another rebuilding situation. Might as well just stay in NY for that. The money still the same. He's gonna force the Knicks hand by being a malcotent and his friend Paul will get into Rivers ear to make a deal. He played the same crap with the Nuggets. The Clips have had plenty of success without Griffin and is a pending free agent. I could see them going for Melo and resigning Reddick and Paul in the offseason. Almost certain someone throws Griffin a max deal. Clips might not want to give Griffin the 30+. Or have enough to give him that while trying to keep Paul and Reddick.

Return to Miami Heat