ImageImageImage

Dragic impression

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

BaDaBo
Starter
And1: 7,401

Re: Dragic impression 

Post#61 » by BaDaBo » Tue May 16, 2017 6:08 pm

contract wrote:
BaDaBo wrote:
contract wrote:
Spoiler:

That doesn't really mean anything. You can't save your minutes to use them when you're older. Trust me on that.

Sadly I know really well that father times is a b**** any I'm only 28 lol.

You can't save minutes, but every minute less on the court is a minute of stress the body didn't have to go trough. 4 seasons of basketball worth of minutes have to count for something right ;)

I know coming from a Dragic fan sounds very bias to some. But I'd be saying the same about any player. I just think for some being 31 in the new 36.

p.s.: As a Dragic fan I'll watch him play anywhere he goes, so trade him if that's good for Miami. I just like seeing him in a Heat jersey.

I agree that Dragic still has years of effective play in front of him, I just don't think it has to do with limited NBA minutes. A perimeter player with an effective outside shot has a chance to play until he's 40. Unless he suffers a serious injury, Dragic's decline will not be soon or sudden as some fans believe.

You don't think if the NBA season was 60 games instead of 82 most players would be playing at a higher level at 35-40 of age then they are right now?

Even if we don't agree, at least you see my point, here I was thinking my English is getting worse than my knees :lol:
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,773

Post#62 » by contract » Tue May 16, 2017 6:14 pm

BaDaBo wrote:
contract wrote:
BaDaBo wrote:

You can't save minutes, but every minute less on the court is a minute of stress the body didn't have to go trough. 4 seasons of basketball worth of minutes have to count for something right ;)

I know coming from a Dragic fan sounds very bias to some. But I'd be saying the same about any player. I just think for some being 31 in the new 36.

p.s.: As a Dragic fan I'll watch him play anywhere he goes, so trade him if that's good for Miami. I just like seeing him in a Heat jersey.

I agree that Dragic still has years of effective play in front of him, I just don't think it has to do with limited NBA minutes. A perimeter player with an effective outside shot has a chance to play until he's 40. Unless he suffers a serious injury, Dragic's decline will not be soon or sudden as some fans believe.

You don't think if the NBA season was 60 games instead of 82 most players would be playing at a higher level at 35-40 of age then they are right now?

Even if we don't agree, at least you see my point, here I was thinking my English is getting worse than my knees :lol:

Your English is better than mine. :nod:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,317

Post#63 » by Beenie » Tue May 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
Beenie wrote:He's on the wrong side of 30 and plays a physically taxing style so a not too distance future diminishing of production seems imminent by my estimation. I would look to trade him now. A year too soon is better than a year too late.

doesn't make sense, unless we can land Fultz/Ball/Fox/DSJ

I agree. In the "Riley" thread I proposed the idea of packaging Dragic with players and our pick for Melo and NY's pick. The idea being to snatch a young PG with a high ceiling on a small contract and to couple him with a reliable end of the game ISO scorer. It also manages to maintain cap flexibility to resign Johnson and Waiters.
leoshes
Veteran
And1: 5,437

Post#64 » by leoshes » Mon Jul 3, 2017 5:39 am

dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,942

Post#65 » by dshearn » Mon Jul 3, 2017 6:47 am

BaDaBo wrote:
contract wrote:
BaDaBo wrote:

Less mins would mean less chance of injury, and less stress on the joints of the big guys.

I don't think from a cardio stand point it matters with players at this fitness level. They are not NFL players packing on extra size to there frame, taking NFL collisions and they they are not Tour de France guys burning heart muscle to keep a certain pace... they are somewhere inbeteeen.
SCHeat
Pro Prospect
And1: 676

Post#66 » by SCHeat » Mon Jul 3, 2017 1:51 pm

I think he's great, but not an all star. He's probably middle of the pack as far as PGs go.
Rafly
Starter
And1: 10,501

Post#67 » by Rafly » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:36 pm

If the team sign Gordon this season will show us how good Goran really is. As he will have players around him who can score and don't need the. All in there hands all the time. If his numbers stay close to what they are and the team is winning a lot many may be undervaluing him. Ill gladly wait and see what this season shows us.

Return to Miami Heat