ImageImageImage

Spo Appreciation Thread

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Spo Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by Rock Hardy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:41 am

http://teamstre.am/2mTEUUA

MIAMI — Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle was onto something when he called the Heat “one of the best ball movement drive and kicking teams that I’ve seen in 33 years in this league” earlier this week.

The Heat’s starting backcourt of Goran Dragic and Dion Waiters is statistically the NBA’s most aggressive combo, in terms of drives to the basket.

Among players who have played in at least 20 games this season, Dragic ranks second in the NBA with 12.5 drives per game and Waiters ranks sixth with 11 drives per game entering Saturday’s matchup with the Cavaliers. The only other teammates both in the top 10 in this category are Toronto’s DeMar DeRozan (ranked ninth) and Kyle Lowry (ranked 10th).

Although Dragic (shooting 52.1 percent on drives) and Waiters (42.9 percent) aren’t the most efficient finishers on drives, they do pass the ball more than most when getting into the paint.

Sorry for the random thread. You guys know I don't make them...like ever. LOL. Thought I'd make this because those who remember my days of regular posts know I've been the biggest Spo supporter. In this internet life, and prior iterations :wink: I've stated that he's an excellent coach. Yes, I said this in countless Fire Spo threads, so I'm not just being opportunistic.

I'm in Bangkok, so anyone who's been here knows it's super-difficult to catch games live. I don't want to wake in the morning for work, so **** sports. I had to cancel my league pass too because I just can't keep up.

That said, I've been surprisingly good about following our results and box scores on Bleacher Report's app. I thought posting during the win streak would appear too opportunistic, but now I think the time is right. Things have settled in a bit, and I'm not just vulturing. Thought I'd make a thread for the odd Heat fan to express their appreciation for Spo. I linked an article where Carlisle (super popular on this board since 2011) gives our team credit for being exceptional in the drive and kick. I feel this is credit to Spo because a player like Waiters was never known for his playmaking, but here in Miami, he's experiencing a career renaissance as just that. If that's not coaching, I don't know what is.

Anyway, I've stuck to my guns on this since day 1. Anyone else want to share a bit of a toast with me? This guy isn't just Riley disciple. He's not just our head coach. He's also being groomed to take the reigns, along with Battier and other holdovers from our golden era. Let's give the man some long-overdue props and show some love. This organization is in great hands. We're positioned for some Spurs-type longevity. Once we land our next franchise player, the golden years will return. Beliedat!
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Re: Spo Appreciation Thread 

Post#2 » by Bishop45 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Didn't read, skimmed a lot tho (too early)

Always in for a Spo appreciation thread
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#3 » by RJM » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:01 pm

Should have won at least one Coach of the Year award this far into his career. Deserves one this year if Miami qualifies for the postseason. Probably the best coach in HEAT history, and that includes Pat Riley.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,746

Post#4 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:14 pm

RJM wrote:Should have won at least one Coach of the Year award this far into his career. Deserves one this year if Miami qualifies for the postseason. Probably the best coach in HEAT history, and that includes Pat Riley.
sometimes he baffles me with his rotations but the accolades are well deserved
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#5 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:15 pm

In
Great job Spo
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#6 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:31 pm

i think he should be christened a knight for his hard work. When we win the 2017 ring I'd like to take a trip to buckingham palace so the queen can do it. We ain't going to no white man's house.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#7 » by RJM » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:43 pm

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:i think he should be christened a knight for his hard work. When we win the 2017 ring I'd like to take a trip to buckingham palace so the queen can do it. We ain't going to no white man's house.

So you'll go to a white woman's house instead?
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#8 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:45 pm

RJM wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:i think he should be christened a knight for his hard work. When we win the 2017 ring I'd like to take a trip to buckingham palace so the queen can do it. We ain't going to no white man's house.

So you'll go to a white woman's house instead?

Yes, I'm all about gender equality. Time to visit a women, it's 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Donald Trump is an idiot.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,137

Post#9 » by Heat3 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:37 pm

better not look at the Heat's record since inauguration day :rofl:

they've been winning, bigly!!
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,267

Post#10 » by Hoops23 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:24 am

Shout out to the job coach Spo did and is doing this season. Making the playoffs or not, we cannot discount the job and his staff did this season.

Shame on the fans who wants him out.

Riley is one of the best basketball minds in the business, thats why I believe Spo is a hell of a coach coz he chose him.
I already agree to what Riley said, Spo should be considered for the coach of the year honor.
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,925

Post#11 » by dshearn » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Spo has been pretty darn good with plugging in guys like Deng and Joe Johnson and getting something out of them.

Now with Dion...

Deng and Joe have fallen off a cliff after leaving I wonder what will happen to Dion.

Return to Miami Heat