ImageImageImage

Are we any sort of contender with a healthy Chris Bosh?

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Are we any sort of contender with a healthy Chris Bosh? 

Post#1 » by Wolfy1983 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:33 pm

NBA, Eastern, anything?
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
cyclix
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Re: Are we any sort of contender with a healthy Chris Bosh? 

Post#2 » by cyclix » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:48 pm

Wolfy1983 wrote:NBA, Eastern, anything?

True contending? Possible, especially if we use him more as a small-ball 5. He would take Babbitt/Reed minutes. However, I'm not not certain how effective his pairing with Whiteside would be. And, he can be a ball-stopper at times. Not sure if offense would improve, but I can see overall team defense getting slightly better.
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by Wolfy1983 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:52 pm

cyclix wrote:
Wolfy1983 wrote:NBA, Eastern, anything?

True contending? Possible, especially if we use him more as a small-ball 5. He would take Babbitt/Reed minutes. However, I'm not not certain how effective his pairing with Whiteside would be. And, he can be a ball-stopper at times. Not sure if offense would improve, but I can see overall team defense getting slightly better.

Yeah, ball movement might be an issue with him.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,164

Post#4 » by Heat3 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:09 pm

On paper probably for ECF. In reality I saw both he and Wade unwilling to adjust their game to what Spo wanted. Not a coincidence the Heat played very well after last years all star game when both Bosh and Wade were out. Wade then adjusted somewhat after seeing the results.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#5 » by QUIZ » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:04 pm

Heat3 wrote:On paper probably for ECF. In reality I saw both he and Wade unwilling to adjust their game to what Spo wanted. Not a coincidence the Heat played very well after last years all star game when both Bosh and Wade were out. Wade then adjusted somewhat after seeing the results.

This.

If Bosh was healthy we wouldn't be playing the style we are right now. Hassan wouldn't have turned the corner like he has. Goran wouldn't play nearly as free.

James Johnson wouldn't be our diamond in the rough point center.

It'd be the same old slow paced garage. We'd suck and we'd lean on Bosh to iso us out of it which he wouldn't be able to.

I already played this what if game with Bosh last season. Don't fool yourself and do it again. Things are the way they are just enjoy it.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
krikor
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#6 » by krikor » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:03 am

He would add another body, but dont think he will push us to being contender.
broke
Rookie
And1: 1,537

Post#7 » by broke » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:47 am

I do miss that semi consistent mid range J. Poor Bosh
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#8 » by dancing2thabeet » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:22 pm

QUIZ wrote:
Heat3 wrote:On paper probably for ECF. In reality I saw both he and Wade unwilling to adjust their game to what Spo wanted. Not a coincidence the Heat played very well after last years all star game when both Bosh and Wade were out. Wade then adjusted somewhat after seeing the results.

This.

If Bosh was healthy we wouldn't be playing the style we are right now. Hassan wouldn't have turned the corner like he has. Goran wouldn't play nearly as free.

It'd be the same old slow paced garage. We'd suck and we'd lean on Bosh to iso us out of it which he wouldn't be able to.

I already played this what if game with Bosh last season. Don't fool yourself and do it again. Things are the way they are just enjoy it.

You guys are truly delusional if you don't think we're better with Bosh at 4 instead of Babbitt. Just fkin lol
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#9 » by puppa bear » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:45 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:
QUIZ wrote:

This.

You guys are truly delusional if you don't think we're better with Bosh at 4 instead of Babbitt. Just fkin lol

We wouldn't have had the crap start we had, for one, so the season would never have pitted the same way. It's possible that we might never have gotten it together fully, and not be quite as potent as this team plus Bosh could be.

However, we would be looking at a team which had ECF expectations and ECSF as their floor.
shanedude
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,694

Post#10 » by shanedude » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Obviously CB is better than Babbit but you can't look at things in a vacuum. Spo would defer to Bosh and slow the pace to a crawl and Goran, Hassan, and JJ would be marginalized. Quiznoes hit the nail on the head.Then again Bosh is the ultimate team player and he might adjust to what the team needs. He really didn't get a fair shake to get acclimated with Goran and Hassan while also having to defer to Wade's touches. Our floor with CB is a .500 team which is not a terrible place to build from.
Tyler Gang or Die
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#11 » by QUIZ » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:37 pm

I'm not doing this guy's. Like I've said I've played the what if game with Bosh too many times. I'm done.

We saw it post LeBron twice and CB as well as everybody else looked awful both times. No mas.

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#12 » by dancing2thabeet » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:20 pm

1) Bosh is literally the perfect C for a fast paced system.

2) Even if he started at PF, do you not think he would adapt his game to fit this current system? Because he never did change his game for our team before, right?

The only reason we played slow before was because of Wade. There is zero reason or evidence to suggest Bosh would be a negative for this current team, especially since we're starting LUKE BABBITT. There were a lot of games where Bosh had like 7 FGA all on threes or long range jumpers. Literally what Babbitt is doing now, except he doesn't have anything else that Bosh brings.

Man, reading some of the replies makes me thing y'all already forgot what Bosh looks like, let alone how he plays. Or you're just hating on him because he cost us two seasons in a row like it's his fault or whatever.

Not that any of this matters though, he's probably never playing professional basketball again.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,901

Post#13 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:08 pm

forget about bosh,he was never the same player that left toronto.the hubris got up to him when he started to play alongside dwade and cabron.he had very few good games thanks to the other two players.hell he rebounded and dunk more in toronto than in miami.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#14 » by QUIZ » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:16 pm

I'm not doing this.

I'm not. :noway:

Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by Wolfy1983 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:03 pm

QUIZ wrote:I'm not doing this.

I'm not. :noway:

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,405

Post#16 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:28 pm

it's the same exact situation we would've faced with Wade if he stayed - a very good player that doesn't really suits our current style or personal.

I doubt we get significantly better with Bosh here. Same thing with Wade.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#17 » by HIF » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:27 am

People saying that Bosh wouldn't modify his game. He came here as a third wheel after being a team's mega-star.

It's so sad to see some ragging on players who have done so much for us.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,901

Post#18 » by eddieheatfan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:32 pm

HIF wrote:People saying that Bosh wouldn't modify his game. He came here as a third wheel after being a team's mega-star.

his deference costs us at least two chips.he was mostly too passive for my liking.he shoulda have been more active and pro-active and i bet money that i dont have that cabron wouldnt have bolted the way he did
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#19 » by HIF » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:12 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
HIF wrote:People saying that Bosh wouldn't modify his game. He came here as a third wheel after being a team's mega-star.

his deference costs us at least two chips.he was mostly too passive for my liking.he shoulda have been more active and pro-active and i bet money that i dont have that cabron wouldnt have bolted the way he did

:lol: you must be on drugs man.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#20 » by goodboy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:05 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:

Nah man. What CB did was admirable. Being a third-wheel and coming from the top franchise player in Toronto was very difficult. He adjusted smoothly. Can't say he costs us 2 chips. James costed us a chip in 2011 when he chit the bed. We would be sitting at a 3-peat.

And James leaving was inevitable. Not because of Bosh, because of our aging players in-general. He was bound to go back to Cleveland.
Also keep in mind he knew this was always Wade's team at heart and Riley runs the show. James wouldn't have sufficed any of it all his time here.
Bright

Return to Miami Heat