ImageImageImage

**eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread**

Moderators: DayofMourning, BFRESH44, QUIZ, heat4life, IggieCC

User avatar
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
Posts: 20,811
And1: 15,205
Joined: Aug 09, 2012

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1821 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:34 am

not crazy about PG but he seems like the best guy we can get right now, trade for him and sign hayward and we might have something
batterybro42
Senior
Posts: 505
And1: 408
Joined: Jul 06, 2014

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1822 » by batterybro42 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:34 am

Dr_Heat wrote:What kind of bait will the great captain Riley used to land this whale ?


We're gonna need a bigger boat
batterybro42
Senior
Posts: 505
And1: 408
Joined: Jul 06, 2014

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1823 » by batterybro42 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:36 am

Draft is Thursday, strap in, this is going to move fast. Possibly by tomorrow
User avatar
J-House
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,506
And1: 4,721
Joined: Sep 10, 2014
 

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1824 » by J-House » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:37 am

batterybro42 wrote:
Dr_Heat wrote:What kind of bait will the great captain Riley used to land this whale ?


We're gonna need a bigger boat

Jaws reference! Sick! :wink:
User avatar
eddieheatfan
Analyst
Posts: 3,105
And1: 4,022
Joined: Nov 07, 2014
   

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1825 » by eddieheatfan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:40 am

it would be a shame if lebron hoards any more talented players for his team. the whole thing would reek of being fixed and while for the common people would love a rematch between stacked "Olympic" teams. reals fans will be disgusted because there would be no chance from their regular NBA team to do anything .....worthwile
batterybro42
Senior
Posts: 505
And1: 408
Joined: Jul 06, 2014

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1826 » by batterybro42 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:40 am

Not to be overlooked David Griffin is operating on a lame duck contract for Cleveland. They are essentially operating without a GM.

It's time to strike Pat
batterybro42
Senior
Posts: 505
And1: 408
Joined: Jul 06, 2014

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1827 » by batterybro42 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:42 am

eddieheatfan wrote:it would be a shame if lebron hoards any more talented players for his team. the whole thing would reek of being fixed and while for the common people would love a rematch between stacked "Olympic" teams. reals fans will be disgusted because there would be no chance from their regular NBA team to do anything .....worthwile


They don't have more to offer

If they were to do it without giving up Love, and without a GM in place. I'll stop watching the NBA straight up
SpacelyH
Sophomore
Posts: 104
And1: 129
Joined: Jun 18, 2017
 

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1828 » by SpacelyH » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:42 am

I'd rather give up the pick than give up Winslow. Nobody that I'm REALLY interested in is gonna be available at the 14th pick. We should just cop a 2nd rounder and get a steal like we did with Josh Richardson.
batterybro42
Senior
Posts: 505
And1: 408
Joined: Jul 06, 2014

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1829 » by batterybro42 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:43 am

SpacelyH wrote:I'd rather give up the pick than give up Winslow. Nobody that I'm REALLY interested in is gonna be available at the 14th pick. We should just cop a 2nd rounder and get a steal like we did with Josh Richardson.


If this is happening Winslow is gone
User avatar
Wiltside
Heat Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 211
And1: 320
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1830 » by Wiltside » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:44 am

^ Would definitely rather give 14 than Justise. But can't see Indy biting without him being involved.
Check out our blog on all things NBA, The Four Point Play:
https://thefourpointplay.blog
User avatar
RonySeikalyFTW
Veteran
Posts: 2,764
And1: 4,839
Joined: Feb 20, 2013
Location: Dion Waiters is the GOAT
 

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1831 » by RonySeikalyFTW » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:48 am

If Indy's hope before was to get two 1sts + starter, then now they should probably be willing to settle for #14 + a 2015 1st (Winslow) + a quasi-starter (TJ)???
1.61803398874989484820458683436563811772030917980576286
2135448622705260462818902449707207
204189391137484754088
0753868917521
26633862
22353
693
SpacelyH
Sophomore
Posts: 104
And1: 129
Joined: Jun 18, 2017
 

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1832 » by SpacelyH » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:54 am

RonySeikalyFTW wrote:If Indy's hope before was to get two 1sts + starter, then now they should probably be willing to settle for #14 + a 2015 1st (Winslow) + a quasi-starter (TJ)???


yup that seems very reasonable to what they asked for.
User avatar
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 21,371
And1: 37,793
Joined: Feb 02, 2014
Location: South Florida
Contact:
 

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1833 » by QUIZ » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:57 am

Considering the table scraps that the Kings got for Cousins I'm hopeful here. Thing is I doubt Pat does anything without first talking to PG on the phone and judging his intentions. If he's dead set on being in LA regardless of winning then there's no point in trying to stop him. If he's interested in building a possible team around him, Hayward, and Hassan though...
Image
To 3 pointers, layups, free throws, they give the lying name of analytics; they make a spreadsheet, I make Buckets-Mion
batterybro42
Senior
Posts: 505
And1: 408
Joined: Jul 06, 2014

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1834 » by batterybro42 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:57 am

SpacelyH wrote:
RonySeikalyFTW wrote:If Indy's hope before was to get two 1sts + starter, then now they should probably be willing to settle for #14 + a 2015 1st (Winslow) + a quasi-starter (TJ)???


yup that seems very reasonable to what they asked for.


I'd be willing to throw JRich if needed. They can absorb Mcroberts for us, he becomes a nice trade piece for them as an expiring later in the year.

If it happens lock in the great white hope

The prophecy will have been fulfilled
islandHEAT
Junior
Posts: 270
And1: 393
Joined: Jun 29, 2015
 

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1835 » by islandHEAT » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:01 am

Realistically I think it will take Winslow, TJ & #14.

Now whether we pull the trigger on that deal knowing PG could walk is the multi-million dollar question.
User avatar
Rapaz
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,822
And1: 13,144
Joined: Jun 12, 2014
 

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1836 » by Rapaz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:01 am

Washed Pat Riley ain't landing Paul George. We are fishing for sardines.
SpacelyH
Sophomore
Posts: 104
And1: 129
Joined: Jun 18, 2017
 

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1837 » by SpacelyH » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:02 am

batterybro42 wrote:
SpacelyH wrote:
RonySeikalyFTW wrote:If Indy's hope before was to get two 1sts + starter, then now they should probably be willing to settle for #14 + a 2015 1st (Winslow) + a quasi-starter (TJ)???


yup that seems very reasonable to what they asked for.


I'd be willing to throw JRich if needed. They can absorb Mcroberts for us, he becomes a nice trade piece for them as an expiring later in the year.

If it happens lock in the great white hope

The prophecy will have been fulfilled


We would literally have no bench though, I don't know about giving up J Rich. They can definitely have mcRoberts though.
User avatar
DayofMourning
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 11,799
And1: 18,955
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Location: On rotations! Finally!
       

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1838 » by DayofMourning » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:04 am

batterybro42 wrote:Man the god damn harpoons Riley


You know he's working those phone lines. This is an exciting off season so far. Very nice.
Image
Waiters on First Take today said Lonzo Ball doesn't fit with #Heat because they got Dragic, TJ and you gotta be "a dog" to play in Miami
1:41 PM - 16 May 2017
User avatar
Dr_Heat
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,955
And1: 24,415
Joined: Feb 27, 2015
Location: inside AAA Arena basement
       

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1839 » by Dr_Heat » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:05 am

Rapaz wrote:Washed Pat Riley ain't landing Paul George. We are fishing for sardines.

:o :o :o
User avatar
Wiltside
Heat Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 211
And1: 320
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: **eddieheatfan's Official Offseason/Trades/FA Thread** 

Post#1840 » by Wiltside » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:05 am

Question - if the deal is done on Draft day, can we on-trade a future 1st rounder following our selection?
Check out our blog on all things NBA, The Four Point Play:
https://thefourpointplay.blog

Return to Miami Heat