ImageImageImage

NBA Front Office Podcast Episode 7: Miami Heat offseason preview

Moderators: DayofMourning, BFRESH44, QUIZ, heat4life, IggieCC

Smitty731
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 17,648
And1: 14,483
Joined: Feb 09, 2014
       

NBA Front Office Podcast Episode 7: Miami Heat offseason preview 

Post#1 » by Smitty731 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:31 am

Hey all!

Latest of episode of my show NBA Front Office is up! David Ramil of Locked on Heat and The Step Back joins to preview the Miami offseason. We get into all sorts of topics and dive deep into roster decisions facing the Heat this summer.

https://www.almightyballer.com/nba-front-office-ep-7-miami-heat-offseason-preview-with-david-ramil/

Would love to hear thoughts and feedback!

Thanks!

Smitty
contract
Head Coach
Posts: 6,792
And1: 7,554
Joined: Jan 11, 2009
Location: on your last nerve
 

Re: NBA Front Office Podcast Episode 7: Miami Heat offseason preview 

Post#2 » by contract » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:48 am

I've yet to hear what is in this rumored deal for Chris Bosh. I keep hearing how the Heat benefits, but I've yet to hear how Bosh is any better off.
:gossip: :gossip: :argue: :gossip: :gossip:
User avatar
eddieheatfan
Analyst
Posts: 3,105
And1: 4,022
Joined: Nov 07, 2014
   

Re: NBA Front Office Podcast Episode 7: Miami Heat offseason preview 

Post#3 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:20 am

contract wrote:I've yet to hear what is in this rumored deal for Chris Bosh. I keep hearing how the Heat benefits, but I've yet to hear how Bosh is any better off.
huh?
contract
Head Coach
Posts: 6,792
And1: 7,554
Joined: Jan 11, 2009
Location: on your last nerve
 

Re: NBA Front Office Podcast Episode 7: Miami Heat offseason preview 

Post#4 » by contract » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:26 pm

Negotiations involve benefits to both sides. If reports are accurate, what the Heat got is obvious ... Bosh comes off their cap, and stays off permanently. They don't have to worry about that money coming back onto their cap if Bosh plays again for some other team.

What did Bosh get out of this negotiated deal?
:gossip: :gossip: :argue: :gossip: :gossip:
Smitty731
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 17,648
And1: 14,483
Joined: Feb 09, 2014
       

Re: NBA Front Office Podcast Episode 7: Miami Heat offseason preview 

Post#5 » by Smitty731 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:31 pm

contract wrote:Negotiations involve benefits to both sides. If reports are accurate, what the Heat got is obvious ... Bosh comes off their cap, and stays off permanently. They don't have to worry about that money coming back onto their cap if Bosh plays again for some other team.

What did Bosh get out of this negotiated deal?


The biggest thing he got was freedom. Heat weren't really open to waiving him with danger of money returning to their cap sheet. That tied up Bosh and Miami. Now they are both free to go their separate ways.
contract
Head Coach
Posts: 6,792
And1: 7,554
Joined: Jan 11, 2009
Location: on your last nerve
 

Re: NBA Front Office Podcast Episode 7: Miami Heat offseason preview 

Post#6 » by contract » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:54 pm

Smitty731 wrote:
contract wrote:Negotiations involve benefits to both sides. If reports are accurate, what the Heat got is obvious ... Bosh comes off their cap, and stays off permanently. They don't have to worry about that money coming back onto their cap if Bosh plays again for some other team.

What did Bosh get out of this negotiated deal?


The biggest thing he got was freedom. Heat weren't really open to waiving him with danger of money returning to their cap sheet. That tied up Bosh and Miami. Now they are both free to go their separate ways.

There's no way we were keeping Bosh. There would be no benefit. If we waived him we could at least play in free agency this offseason, and maybe he returns to our cap and cost us some luxury tax. If we kept him, we couldn't play the free agent game,and he'd be consuming 25% of our cap.

Either Bosh's team are the worst negotiators ever, or there's something else going on.

I'm also suspicious of the reports because the deal was announced weeks ago and the Heat still haven't released Bosh. If a deal is in place to part ways, why is he still here?
:gossip: :gossip: :argue: :gossip: :gossip:
User avatar
Mars
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,551
And1: 4,896
Joined: Mar 08, 2005
Location: Lovetron

Re: NBA Front Office Podcast Episode 7: Miami Heat offseason preview 

Post#7 » by Mars » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:00 pm

Smitty731 wrote:Hey all!

Latest of episode of my show NBA Front Office is up! David Ramil of Locked on Heat and The Step Back joins to preview the Miami offseason. We get into all sorts of topics and dive deep into roster decisions facing the Heat this summer.

https://www.almightyballer.com/nba-front-office-ep-7-miami-heat-offseason-preview-with-david-ramil/

Would love to hear thoughts and feedback!

Thanks!

Smitty

Really nice coverage, Smitty. Planning to give some of your other team offseason episodes a listen as well.
“If you only knew the power of the Whiteside...” © Darth Vader
User avatar
Mars
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,551
And1: 4,896
Joined: Mar 08, 2005
Location: Lovetron

Re: NBA Front Office Podcast Episode 7: Miami Heat offseason preview 

Post#8 » by Mars » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:18 pm

contract wrote:
...Either Bosh's team are the worst negotiators ever, or there's something else going on.

I'm also suspicious of the reports because the deal was announced weeks ago and the Heat still haven't released Bosh. If a deal is in place to part ways, why is he still here?

The following would appear to explain why Bosh did the HEAT a favor and chose to present his case to the new Fitness-to-Play panel rather than review it under the old CBA.

He apparently doesn't have to wait the required minimum 9-months before being reviewed again. Under normal circumstances that was the earliest the new CBA would allow a review to take place...

Miami Heat receive favorable ruling from NBA medical panel to clear Chris Bosh's salary

Ira Winderman | Sun Sentinel
June 2, 2017

...Bosh nonetheless could return to the league at any time, provided he can present medical evidence of fitness that meets league approval....

Link

Read on Twitter



The following is why the HEAT hasn't waived Bosh yet. Simply a matter of timing...

Miami Heat receive favorable ruling from NBA medical panel to clear Chris Bosh's salary

Ira Winderman | Sun Sentinel
June 2, 2017

...The medical ruling was sought because of the unique circumstances of the case with Bosh, who sat out this past season following a failed preseason physical, after missing the second half of each of the previous two seasons due to blood clots.

The ruling leaves only the formality of the team placing the former All-Star forward on waivers to remove Bosh, 33, from their salary cap. The Heat have put off that maneuver until such salary-cap space is required, either for a possible trade at or near the June 22 NBA draft or the July 1 start of NBA free agency...

Link
“If you only knew the power of the Whiteside...” © Darth Vader
Smitty731
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 17,648
And1: 14,483
Joined: Feb 09, 2014
       

Re: NBA Front Office Podcast Episode 7: Miami Heat offseason preview 

Post#9 » by Smitty731 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:09 pm

Mars wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:Hey all!

Latest of episode of my show NBA Front Office is up! David Ramil of Locked on Heat and The Step Back joins to preview the Miami offseason. We get into all sorts of topics and dive deep into roster decisions facing the Heat this summer.

https://www.almightyballer.com/nba-front-office-ep-7-miami-heat-offseason-preview-with-david-ramil/

Would love to hear thoughts and feedback!

Thanks!

Smitty

Really nice coverage, Smitty. Planning to give some of your other team offseason episodes a listen as well.


Thank you! Appreciate the support!

Return to Miami Heat