Draftrank's Updated Draft Rankings!

Moderator: Crowned

fazon
Ballboy
And1: 0

Draftrank's Updated Draft Rankings! 

Post#1 » by fazon » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:09 am

Check out www.draftrank.com for my latest NHL draft rankings.

Feedback is appreciated as always!
Mike Hunt
Lead Assistant
And1: 37

Re: Draftrank's Updated Draft Rankings! 

Post#2 » by Mike Hunt » Sat Apr 9, 2011 6:15 pm

I think that it's pretty solid except, I'm not sure that there is any reason, outside of a drastic injury, why the Oilers would pick anyone but Larsson. They have tons of young forwards. They need a young D-man and in a year where there is no clear-cut #1, he seems like the obvious pick. I think if that happens, Nugent-Hopkins is almost guaranteed to go number 2 and Landeskog 3. I'm hearing more and more that Couturier could go down even further. Strome could easily surpass him but I'd keep them as they are right now. One of the big D-men could also sneak in there.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#3 » by Nolan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:06 am

^
I really think Duncan Siemens is a guy who could move up that draft board pretty quickly.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
fazon
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by fazon » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:00 am

Mike Hunt wrote:I think that it's pretty solid except, I'm not sure that there is any reason, outside of a drastic injury, why the Oilers would pick anyone but Larsson. They have tons of young forwards. They need a young D-man and in a year where there is no clear-cut #1, he seems like the obvious pick. I think if that happens, Nugent-Hopkins is almost guaranteed to go number 2 and Landeskog 3. I'm hearing more and more that Couturier could go down even further. Strome could easily surpass him but I'd keep them as they are right now. One of the big D-men could also sneak in there.

Keep in mind that wasn't a mock draft, it's just rankings. Team needs, and even the team picking wasn't taken into account. But regardless, my mock draft (http://draftrank.com/2011/04/16/2011-nhl-mock-draft/) has them picking RNH anyways. I'm pretty sure they'll go with the best player available, although I would agree that they probably need Larsson more than they need RNH. I'm going to take a look at the forward depth. In my opinion, if the Oilers think they'll be able to get a good forward with their 2nd pick anyways, they'll go with Larsson.

As for Couturier falling, I doubt it. I don't buy what people are saying about his "falling draft stock". He was the #1 prospect month after month, and for seemingly no reason he just continues to fall? Not to mention that he was the best player in the QMJHL. In my books, he's top 4 pick regardless.

Return to NHL Draft