And1: 154

Scouting the Draft- Angelo Esposito 

Post#1 » by Crowned » Mon Jun 4, 2007 6:27 am

Angelo Esposito

Height: 6'0/6'1
Weight: 180-190 pounds
Team: Quebec Remparts (QMJHL)
Projected Range: 7-12

Thoughts: The once highly regarded, and thought to be #1 overall draft choice, Angelo Esposito has gradually dropped with regards to his stock. Esposito has all the offensive tools, and is considered to be one of the better skaters in the draft. With the new NHL, Esposito has the potential to be a very good player when using his skills to his advantage. Teams may shy away from Angelo, but his potential still remains. Offensively, Esposito may be more polished than some of the other prospects, as he can set up goals, and finish as well.

Needs to work on: Attitude. He tends to lose concentration, and still needs to mature. This partiular label has stuck with Esposito all season. However, if he can get past the mentioned mentality, he may be the steal of the draft. He's still young, and with potential mentors and leaders within an organization, he could still improve in this aspect.
kelso
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#2 » by kelso » Tue Jun 5, 2007 12:40 am

It would be great if he slipped to 13 :wink:
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Post#3 » by Crowned » Tue Jun 5, 2007 1:20 am

kelso wrote:It would be great if he slipped to 13 :wink:

I wish. Skillswise, he's one of the better players in the draft. Scouts are shying away from his attitude, and his tendancy to lose concentration and not show up for "big games" from what I've heard. I think it's still apart of his age, and with new scenery in the NHL, he'll realize that the attitude won't cut it. I certainly hope he drops to the Leafs, but I'm not counting on it.
straightguji
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 0

Post#4 » by straightguji » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:45 pm

JFJ needs to trade up for Esposito.
hiphop1
Lead Assistant
And1: 32

Post#5 » by hiphop1 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:33 pm

Boston will take him with 8
Free your mind and your a** will follow