Teemu Selanne will return for one more season

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,659

Teemu Selanne will return for one more season 

Post#1 » by dockingsched » Sun Aug 8, 2010 6:05 am

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/aug/06 ... e-20100807

Teemu Selanne said he is ready to resume his hockey career, telling the Finnish magazine Sports Journal that contract negotiations with the Ducks should begin in the next few days.

Selanne indicated that if he signs with the Ducks, Paul Kariya also could rejoin the team.

"Selanne is close to a final decision," Ducks spokesman Alex Gilchrist said.
Advertisement

Selanne's representatives could not be reached for comment, but the veteran winger told the magazine, "I made the decision to continue my career; in fact, it has been clear for a long time. Negotiations are now ready to begin."

Selanne struggled through an injury-marred season in 2009-10 but still had 27 goals and 21 assists in 54 games. There was speculation that the probable Hall of Famer would call it a career, but he seemed confident that he would soon be playing alongside former linemate Kariya in Anaheim.

Kariya and Selanne were a productive tandem with the Ducks from 1996 to 2001. They also were teammates in Colorado in 2003-04, after Kariya left the Ducks as a free agent.

"I've talked with Paul and the Ducks," Selanne told the magazine. "Paul has been waiting for my decision and I hope things move forward."

The Ducks finished 11th in the Western Conference, six points out a playoff spot, last season. Selanne, 40, who helped his native Finland win a bronze medal at the Winter Olympics this year, also said that if the Ducks are intent on rebuilding, "I'll do something else." But, he said, "with the guys that the team has acquired, I'm convinced that we can still succeed."
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Beryl 96
Starter
And1: 0

Re: Teemu Selanne will return for one more season 

Post#2 » by Beryl 96 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:28 am

Glad to see him back for one more year, roster still needs a good deal of work though.

Return to Anaheim Ducks