ImageImageImageImage

Offseason Thread

j_angel
Analyst
And1: 366

Re: Offseason Thread 

Post#21 » by j_angel » Fri Jul 5, 2013 4:54 pm

15th overall wrote:Haven't delved into all the particulars yet so I'm really not sure how I feel about this trade yet. I admittedly know almost nothing about Eriksson. His stats look good I've read he's got a reputation as a pretty good defensive player so you know Klode is all about this move. How much capspace does this let up? It'd be amazing if we could walkaway from this with both Clarkson and Alfie. Without any numbers backing me up I'd think that's virtually impossible though.

Here's a scouting report for Joe Morrow.

Eriksson has been described as a Swedish Bergeron and he is on a great contract ($1.5m per year less than Seguin). Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson would be the best two way line in hockey ... bar none.

I wish Seguin could have turned into the player we all wanted and expected to an extent but he will be a 1c in Dallas, he isnt going to be a 1c here with Krejci & Bergy.

Eriksson is a better fit + a better player this year and probably next year - we need to win now with Chara. Also with Bergy locked up for 8 years (or will be very soon) Seguin wouldnt get a chance to be the man.

We also got value added - saving around $4-5m cap space and a great D prospect in Morrow.

I guess it depends what we do with the capsapce but we should get a legit top 6 RW.

So the deal is:

Eriksson (top line rw), capspace for a top 6 wing, a great prospect and two decent prospects for a POTENTIAL 1c played out of position and an overpaid role player (although I liked Peverly).

I like it.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#22 » by Celtics_Champs » Fri Jul 5, 2013 5:07 pm

Ference to Edmonton.

Horton to Columbus.

Will miss them both. Ference more so.
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#23 » by 15th overall » Fri Jul 5, 2013 7:52 pm

Nooooo.. David Clarkson signed with Toronto. With him and Alfie off the board the Seguin trade's looking a lot less sexy right now. Gonna have to checkout the remaining UFA list later when I'm actually at a computer.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
j_angel
Analyst

Post#24 » by j_angel » Fri Jul 5, 2013 7:56 pm

I honestly think for the next couple of years Eriksson is the better player and the better fit, I expect Seguin to make strides though and become a legit top 6 C.

However I dont think he would have become that in Boston with our depth at C and we arent trading Bergy or Krecji any time soon. (Eriksson is around the same age as these guys so not old by any stretch).

Horton leaving was unexpected but nothing Chia can do about that.
Rask & Bergy locked up, a legit D prospect (stacked with them now), a RW who fits Bruins style and hopefully another forward coming in is a decent offseason.

We did lose Seguin and Horton but we do have Soderberg also so I think we will be just fine.

If we had kept Horton this Seguin deal would have looked amazing.
Horton, Eriksson, Morrow >>>>>>> Seguin, Peverly.
j_angel
Analyst

Post#25 » by j_angel » Fri Jul 5, 2013 7:57 pm

15th overall wrote:Nooooo.. David Clarkson signed with Toronto. With him and Alfie off the board the Seguin trade's looking a lot less sexy right now. Gonna have to checkout the remaining UFA list later when I'm actually at a computer.

Iginla or Jagr would be fine by me. Any idea on what they will earn? If we can add both or one with some space left over for later moves we would be stacked.
15th overall
RealGM

Post#26 » by 15th overall » Sat Jul 6, 2013 12:31 am

j_angel wrote:
15th overall wrote:Nooooo.. David Clarkson signed with Toronto. With him and Alfie off the board the Seguin trade's looking a lot less sexy right now. Gonna have to checkout the remaining UFA list later when I'm actually at a computer.

Iginla or Jagr would be fine by me. Any idea on what they will earn? If we can add both or one with some space left over for later moves we would be stacked.

We got Iggy on a one year deal at $6 mil. Not a fan of that pricetag but I can handle it for a season. He's the best Horton replacement available right now. Clarkson's cap hit is (I believe) only $5.25 mil.. wouldve rather gone that route.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat Jul 6, 2013 4:17 am

I can't belieive iginla is a bruin. Great addition though.
15th overall
RealGM

Post#28 » by 15th overall » Sat Jul 6, 2013 10:44 am

Ottawa got Bobby Ryan, who's been frequently linked to the Bruins for the past 2 years. Too bad.

I'd like to see us trade in some of our depth at D for a LEGIT young wing like Evander Kane. Not expecting Chia to make another blockbuster this offseason, though. He probably signs a Cal Clutterbuck type of player to put on the 3rd line and calls it an offseason.

Khudobin only got 800k from Carolina. I would've just kept him around for that kind of money.. they must be pretty high on Svedberg.
15th overall
RealGM

Post#29 » by 15th overall » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:47 am

Kevin Paul Dupont says Marchand and Kelly may be on the block. Unclear as to whether this is an actual rumor or purely speculation but KPD is very connected so at the very least I think it's fueled by some inside info. He mentioned that he could see those 2 being packaged for a Marchand upgrade.

Evander Kane anyone?
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:28 am

I don't want to see Chia tear this team up anymore.
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Post#31 » by Geoffrey P » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:24 am

Doesn't look like Marchand will be traded.

Has anyone read up on Eriksson? I have no idea who he is but some places refer to him as one of the more underrated players in the league.
15th overall
RealGM

Post#32 » by 15th overall » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:42 am

Episode 1 of the Bruins' local version of 24/7:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYKU-bUJre0[/youtube]
15th overall
RealGM

Post#33 » by 15th overall » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:17 am

Geoffrey P wrote:Doesn't look like Marchand will be traded.

Has anyone read up on Eriksson? I have no idea who he is but some places refer to him as one of the more underrated players in the league.

j_angel described him as a European Bergeron, which is a comparison I've seen tossed around multiple times since. An excellent 2 way player who, while not neccessarily a scorer, is more than capable of putting the puck in the back of the net. Not supposed to be much of a bruiser, as few Euros are, but other then that he sounds like Klode's wet dream.

I'm just parroting what others have said about him, though.. I've probably seen 2 Dallas games over the past three years (when they face us) and have no recollection of Eriksson specifically. I'm just hoping he's more than just a suped up version of Chris Kelly, which is kinda what he sounds like.

Return to Boston Bruins