Drury or Briere?

MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35

Drury or Briere? 

Post#1 » by MAS » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:55 am

Both players are going to be UFA's this offseason an it will be hard to have both. It is possible to sign both, but then they have Ryan Miller and Brian Campbell who are due for big upgrades.

So I ask you who do you think your going to sign and who would you rather sign, Drury or Brier?

I personally think that they should sign Drury because he is a proven winner and has a ton of leadership aspects that Briere doesn't have. Also he will be the cheaper option to sign due to the amount of young players who are due for a raise. You have a bunch of young talent coming up who can replace one of the two, namely someone like Drew Stafford.

But this is a cap world now, gotta live with it.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#2 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 3, 2007 5:57 am

Yeah, I think the way to go from the Sabres standpoint is with Drury. Briere is obviously a nice piece, but doesnt have the true leadership qualities that Drury has. They've both got game, there is no doubt about that, but what it comes down to, is who has the best all around package of the two, and in my eyes... thats Drury.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
MjJunkYard
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#3 » by MjJunkYard » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:12 pm

Drury may be the better leader but he also has a history of abandoning teams. If I remember correctly he has already forced twice from two different teams trade demands. I would hope the Sabres could keep both, but my pick between the two would be Briere as the better goal scorer.
"Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible."
Skittlez17
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Drury or Briere? 

Post#4 » by Skittlez17 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:22 pm

grier

Return to Buffalo Sabres