yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

PG: Brandon > Holiday

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Post#181 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:15 am by AussieBuck

Duncan/Splitter play some minutes together but they only combine for 51 minutes a game. It just doesn't tend to happen successfully. Memphis works because ZBo works the baseline out to 18 feet and M Gasol works the high post generally out to similar depth. Gasol's offense would suffer like Boozer's when he had to go from good spacing to hanging with Noah.
aol4532 wrote:what exactly is the difference between him (Bill Russell), and say a guy like Ryan Hollins, who is 20 lbs heavier and can get his head over the rim? He would get in foul trouble so quick, just trying to hold position.
AussieBuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 21,726
And1: 1,560
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
Top

Post#182 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:23 am by Baddy Chuck

AussieBuck wrote:Duncan/Splitter play some minutes together but they only combine for 51 minutes a game. It just doesn't tend to happen successfully. Memphis works because ZBo works the baseline out to 18 feet and M Gasol works the high post generally out to similar depth. Gasol's offense would suffer like Boozer's when he had to go from good spacing to hanging with Noah.

And I'd say Boozer suffers because he's no longer in the best pick and roll tandem in the league and he was always more reliant on his midrange game then his post game unlike Gasol.
Image
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 27,330
And1: 2,323
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
Top

Post#183 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 am by AussieBuck

A post game is going to more affected by lack of spacing than a midrange game. I have no idea why this is even an argument. We've already seen Gasol's efficiency drop from having to play next to a C and here he'd have to work with a lot more defensive attention.
aol4532 wrote:what exactly is the difference between him (Bill Russell), and say a guy like Ryan Hollins, who is 20 lbs heavier and can get his head over the rim? He would get in foul trouble so quick, just trying to hold position.
AussieBuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 21,726
And1: 1,560
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
Top

Post#184 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:44 am by Baddy Chuck

AussieBuck wrote:A post game is going to more affected by lack of spacing than a midrange game. I have no idea why this is even an argument. We've already seen Gasol's efficiency drop from having to play next to a C and here he'd have to work with a lot more defensive attention.

We aren't arguing that it isn't harder to score in the paint with less spacing, I'm arguing that despite the spacing issues Gasol has proved he can score in the post. I'd say his efficiency dropped more due to him being pushed out of the lane then clogging the lane. He's still a very above average scorer in the post at 65+% (while being assisted less on those baskets) the past two seasons with Bynum and Dwight's cover in the lane and unlike those players, Larry doesn't need or deserve designed touches for him in the post.
Image
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 27,330
And1: 2,323
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
Top

Post#185 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:40 am by AussieBuck

He's at 31FG% in post ups.
aol4532 wrote:what exactly is the difference between him (Bill Russell), and say a guy like Ryan Hollins, who is 20 lbs heavier and can get his head over the rim? He would get in foul trouble so quick, just trying to hold position.
AussieBuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 21,726
And1: 1,560
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
Top

Post#186 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:50 am by paul

I'm not dealing Ersan for Pau - or much for that matter.

Gooden and Monta have to be in it for me to consider it and then whatever works with Udoh, Fat Sammy and Daniels. I'd put in our first this year before I'd put in Tobes or Henson both of whom I like above where they were picked.
paul
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 31,048
And1: 635
Joined: Dec 11, 2007
Top

Post#187 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:00 am by Sigra

DH34Phan wrote:When's the last time we've been over .500 at the halfway point?


Milwaukee Bucks record after first 40 games:

2012-13 -------- 22-18
2011-12 -------- 16-24
2010-11 -------- 16-24
2009-10 -------- 17-23
2008-09 -------- 19-21
2007-08 -------- 16-24
2006-07 -------- 17-23
2005-06 -------- 21-19
2004-05 -------- 15-25
2003-04 -------- 22-18 (TJ Ford's rookie year, the last time we had all star member)
2002-03 -------- 19-21
2001-02 -------- 26-14
2000-01 -------- 25-15
1999-00 -------- 22-18
1998-99 -------- 22-18
1997-98 -------- 18-22
1996-97 -------- 19-21
1995-96 -------- 15-25
1994-95 -------- 16-24
1993-94 -------- 12-28
1992-93 -------- 17-23
1991-92 -------- 19-21
Sigra





RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 14,050
And1: 41
Joined: Sep 8, 2005
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Top

Post#188 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 am by Sigra

paulpressey25 wrote:Nice game by everyone.

Tease continues.....

We were 6-2. Then 16-12. Now 22-18.

Can we start breaking away and separating like the teams on the rise do? We've got three winnable games in a row to run to 25-18. I'm waiting to emotionally commit.


22-18 tease happened only 6 times in last 22 years. You can emotionally commit. You have my guarantee.

Milwaukee Bucks record after first 40 games:

2012-13 -------- 22-18
2011-12 -------- 16-24
2010-11 -------- 16-24
2009-10 -------- 17-23
2008-09 -------- 19-21
2007-08 -------- 16-24
2006-07 -------- 17-23
2005-06 -------- 21-19
2004-05 -------- 15-25
2003-04 -------- 22-18 (TJ Ford's rookie year, the last time we had all star member)
2002-03 -------- 19-21
2001-02 -------- 26-14
2000-01 -------- 25-15
1999-00 -------- 22-18
1998-99 -------- 22-18

1997-98 -------- 18-22
1996-97 -------- 19-21
1995-96 -------- 15-25
1994-95 -------- 16-24
1993-94 -------- 12-28
1992-93 -------- 17-23
1991-92 -------- 19-21
Sigra





RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 14,050
And1: 41
Joined: Sep 8, 2005
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Top

Post#189 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:24 am by Sigra

AussieBuck wrote:I can't believe there's so much talk of trading Ersan for Pau. I can't think of many more stupid things. If you are trading for Pau it's to play him predominately at C and giving him the space to operate as the offensive hub. Any combinatin you play with him without Ersan leaves him in the same position he was in at LA. If you are trading for Pau it's to play him for the most part beside Ersan.


Gasol and Bynum frontcourt worked just fine.

Gasol is way better than Ersan at basketball. And it make sense regarding Henson situation.

I am in.
Sigra





RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 14,050
And1: 41
Joined: Sep 8, 2005
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Top

Post#190 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 am by 4xBuck

Holliday with 12 assists & a -12PD.

Too funny…
4xBuck
Pro Prospect
Posts: 760
And1: 12
Joined: Sep 7, 2009
Top

Post#191 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:20 am by GHOSTofSIKMA

AussieBuck wrote:A post game is going to more affected by lack of spacing than a midrange game. I have no idea why this is even an argument. We've already seen Gasol's efficiency drop from having to play next to a C and here he'd have to work with a lot more defensive attention.


you act like you can only space the floor with a pf.

gasol is the center.... sanders, mam, or henson is the pf with him.

if henson can become a post threat playing alongside udoh, which he has been.....then of course gasol can be one besides sanders. you act as if hed be a rookie figuring out how to score or pass in the post with a double team :roll:

your argument is contrived because your ersan fan. a pf who can spread the floor is nice, but id much rather have a elite post threat like gasol.
GHOSTofSIKMA



General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 9,567
And1: 338
Joined: Jan 20, 2007
Location: NC
Top

Post#192 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:25 am by WRau1

Too bad we can't pair Gasol and Ersan together in our front court. I'd love to roll out Jennings/Dunleavy/Moute/Ersan/Gasol
Image
WRau1



Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,237
And1: 290
Joined: Apr 30, 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Top

Post#193 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:32 am by Thunder Muscle

I know this has spiraled into another Gasol trade thread, but my thoughts on the game...

I would concur that this was probably one of Ellis' best game in Milwaukee. I think if he played this way majority of nights many of us wouldn't want him gone at all costs.

Jennings looked good again and coincidence or not, but seems more engaged since Skiles left. Ersan the same, who had another big game.

I wish Moute would clean up his game on offense a little bit. Another game with bad FG% and also went 1 for 4 from the line.

Henson is almost an untouchable for me right now, unless you are getting a stud in return. I really like Henson's upside once he adds a little weight and experience.

As for this Gasol talk, I don't really want him. I think his better days are gone and seems like an old Brewers move to get a "name" guy past their prime. I mean look at the red flags, he's 32, his #'s have dropped the last 2 years, he is starting to break down a bit, and he's been in sunny LA since 2007 --- I can't see him fired up to come here. I think everybody that wants him would be disappointed in the end. I'd rather have Millsap.
TBD
Thunder Muscle




RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,109
And1: 244
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Top

Post#194 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:32 am by JayMKE

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:A post game is going to more affected by lack of spacing than a midrange game. I have no idea why this is even an argument. We've already seen Gasol's efficiency drop from having to play next to a C and here he'd have to work with a lot more defensive attention.


you act like you can only space the floor with a pf.

gasol is the center.... sanders, mam, or henson is the pf with him.

if henson can become a post threat playing alongside udoh, which he has been.....then of course gasol can be one besides sanders. you act as if hed be a rookie figuring out how to score or pass in the post with a double team :roll:

your argument is contrived because your ersan fan. a pf who can spread the floor is nice, but id much rather have a elite post threat like gasol.


Gasol is not an elite post threat.
FREE GIANNIS
JayMKE



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,926
And1: 1,119
Joined: Jun 21, 2010
Location: AZ
Top

Post#195 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:44 am by LUKE23

Through 40 (22-18):

O: 25th (102.5)
D: 6th (103.3)
Pace: 5th (94.1)
Expected W-L: T-16th (.470, 38.5 wins over full season)
Actual W-L: 13th (.550, 45.1 wins over full season)
RPI: 14th (.507)
SOS: 21st (.493)
SRS: 16th (-1.13)
PPG Differential: 16th (-.70)
Hollinger Power Rank: 20th (98.595)
Hollinger Playoff Odds: 6th seed in East, 42-40, 81.8% chance of playoffs

Jennings up to .515 TS, Ilyasova up to .514 TS.
Jim Paschke ‏@Paschketball 6 Apr
I just wish everyone could enjoy the ride. I see both sides believe me. Seed and situation never concern me. It's in or out. That's all


#8 seed first round series W-L since 1983-84: 4-56
LUKE23




RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 64,587
And1: 1,219
Joined: May 25, 2005
Location: Stunville
Top

Post#196 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 am by LUKE23

And absolutely not to Ilyasova for Gasol. Gasol is more of a C at this point, you add him with Sanders and our spacing is completely jacked up. Ilyasova is a perfect fit with this frontcourt moving forward.
Jim Paschke ‏@Paschketball 6 Apr
I just wish everyone could enjoy the ride. I see both sides believe me. Seed and situation never concern me. It's in or out. That's all


#8 seed first round series W-L since 1983-84: 4-56
LUKE23




RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 64,587
And1: 1,219
Joined: May 25, 2005
Location: Stunville
Top

Post#197 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 am by bigdog34

There is absolutely no way I trade Ers for Gasol. No way! In order for that trade to make sense, you would have to play Gasol and Henson together right away because at least Henson can stretch the court a bit. No way does Gasol and Sanders play together as it will have the exact same effect as Gasol and Howard. Both post players clogging the paint.

We don't have to trade Ersan right now! He's got years left on his contract and his contract IS NOT crazy overpaid as many of you have stated in other threads. If you do trade him now, get some youth such as Milsap or some draft picks. Yes, I want to do well in the playoffs too, but Gasol just is not the right fit for this team. He would immediatley screw up the dynamics of this squad.

I would say try to get Derozan, Millsap, or someone of these guys caliber. Just say no to Gasol!!! Hammond, I hope you're reading this! WAY TOO MANY RISKS WITH GASOL!
Sell! Sell!! Sell!!!!
bigdog34
Junior
User avatar
Posts: 459
And1: 32
Joined: May 23, 2007
Top

Post#198 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:17 am by JimmyTheKid

Fight the Tank wrote:So is Jrue Holiday only worth 6 games over Jennings now?


:lol:
JimmyTheKid
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,258
And1: 415
Joined: Feb 10, 2009
Top

Post#199 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:20 am by JimmyTheKid

ampd wrote:one underrated thing about the game tonight is Monta. When he plays the role he did tonight, as mostly a secondary ball handler looking to attack and get other guys involved while still giving full effort on defense, this back court actually works. I like that we used him on some more catch and shoot plays and that he didn't force a bunch of jumpers around the free throw line.

We are a much better team when we let Jennings be the #1, and Monta play to his strengths driving the lane, shooting from mid range on the catch and shoot instead of off the dribble, and dishing to open guys. When he's doing that he and Jennings aren't redundant.

However Ersan ties this whole thing together. With him as a consistent threat from outside our offense is just vastly better.


Probably Monta's best game as a Milwaukee Buck. And, yes, Ersan (tough stretch 4 that bangs for rebounds) does tie it all together. I miss Marquis Daniels in the starting lineup. :D
JimmyTheKid
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,258
And1: 415
Joined: Feb 10, 2009
Top

Post#200 Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:23 am by JimmyTheKid

N8Frog wrote:I know this has spiraled into another Gasol trade thread, but my thoughts on the game...


Yeah, and annoying to sift through. Its weird. So many people wanted to talk about Jennings vs Holiday BEFORE the game. Jennings, a member of OUR Milwaukee Bucks, abuses Holiday and nobody wants to talk about it. :D
JimmyTheKid
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,258
And1: 415
Joined: Feb 10, 2009
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Milwaukee Bucks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], grloung