ImageImage

OT: LeBron Bashin T-Shirts...

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Re: OT: LeBron Bashin T-Shirts... 

Post#241 » by step3profit » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:37 am

Did someone actually say that Jordan had one of the best supporting casts ever? Ive literally never heard that one before. It was decent, but... 80s lakers. 80 celtics. Do these ring a bell? And thats just the obvious ones.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#242 » by thomchatt3rton » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:45 am

LUKE23 wrote:
rilamann wrote:The riding West one is pretty funny but people in Cleveland are pathetic.

The only thing more pathetic than Cavs fans bashing Lebron was how hard they rode Lebron's dick when he was a Cav.

Lebron gives your sorry ass franchise the best 7 years in it's existence and you bash the guy when he leaves?

I can understand being pissed but don't bash the guy after he gave you an incredible 7 years.

Take it like men and go back to being the laughing stock of the league like you belong Cleveland.

None of this makes sense. They are supposed to be happy that he "gave them an incredible 7 years" when he quit on the team in the playoffs, and then bolted (on national TV in a needless self promotion stunt no less) after they built the entire team based on the moves he wanted? Any fanbase that happened to would be bitter as hell, including this one. The fact that Cleveland fans have suffered for decades only makes it harder to take.

I just can't believe LeBron is getting away Scott free in this from so many people, when he is SO MUCH to blame.

Whats he to blame for? Did he put a gun to the GMs head and demand certain moves be made? Did he somehow confuse them or trick them or make them unaware about when his contract was up and what might happen when it was?

The FO at CLE absolutely knew what could happen if they "built an entire team on the moves he wanted".

I agree that the fans have a right to be p**sed, but don't confuse the fans with the FO. The FO made the decisions they did about building around him- if the fans don't like how that played out, why aren't they mad about how the FO operated? (Oh wait, maybe they are... maybe that had something to do with the over-the-top vehemence of Gilberts letter- it was a pre-emptive strike.)

Why does Lebron get all the blame for how the FO built the team while he was there? Thats madness. Once you start holding a player accountable for FOs moves, chaos ensues. Simultaneously, if a FO lets a player dictate their moves, and it goes wrong, the FO still deserves the blame for running things that way when they understand the risk inherent.

I get you've got to walk a line making a star of that caliber happy, but if Lebron "made" them make certain moves, then what does Lebron owe them in return? Exactly? How do you quantify that? Does he have to stay until all moves he endorsed are expired? Maybe that should've been in his contract then. Its business man-- I dont get it. I get fans being superhumanly disappointed, but that's where it ends.
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 74

Post#243 » by gbmb34 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:04 am

The only tale in regards to the LeBron situation for me is the whole Favre (shrieks and ducks). At least in terms of the loyalty part. I think it is very telling that LeBron rooted for the Cowboys and Yankees growing up. He didn't watch Mesa and the Tribe lose. He didn't watch the Mayflower trucks. A lot of the stipulations that are very important in just how bad LeBron actually was are a for the most part unsupported. I don't think because of the sports ties LeBron was all that loyal to the city of Cleveland. Perhaps Akron, but not Cleveland. Did LeBron have loyalty to the Cavs? If he constructed that team, yes he did. If he didn't than not really. He earned his right to be a FA. Was LeBron a selfish, classless player most of the time? Absolutely. Do Cavs fans have a right to chastise him for that? Not now after the praised him for it for so long. LeBron absolutely quit on them in the playoffs, and they booed him. Both were justified. Dan Gilbert's letter was justified as well. Favre danced around his retirement, and still does, and then went and joined the Packers hated rival. What Favre, and Clemens, did IMO were completely scummy and showed their true character. I know its hard for Cleveland fans to lose LeBron, especially to Miami which is the antithesis of Cleveland. They have a right to be angry, and the T-shirts are genuinely funny. LeBron quit and Cleveland booed. Shouldn't they both be happy: They got what they wanted vis a vis the Celtic series. I think that Miami is Wade's team, and history will treat it that LeBron and Bosh assisted Wade, not any other combination. Pippen joined Jordan, not via free agency, but he was still an incredible player that was added and they won a tittle. History remembers them as Jordan's team IMO because he was there first, not because he was the better player. I don't think LeBron is a coward. He wanted to win. He wasn't loyal. And that's okay, especially in professional sports. I myself am a very loyal person, especially to Wisconsin. If I were me in LeBron's position, I would sign with the Bucks for a comfortable living salary, 4 million or so, and a full no trade clause. (Can this be the next reality TV show). LeBron got a bit more money and a better chance to win in Miami. I can't really fault him for that. I think the special was dumb, but not to the level most do. Would you rather the Brett Favre way, where he drops quotes every once and a while? Durant did it the best way possible, i.e. low key. But I don't think LeBron could have done it low key, and I also believe he wouldn't choose to either. I think the worst thing LeBron did in this whole charade was that last press conference were he said something to the effect of, "I've had 3 bad games in 7 years. I think I have spoiled the fans." IMO, if you are going to bash the character of LeBron James, that is the line/action that you attack. Pure lack of accountability. His team was good enough to win, not the team I would have assembled around LeBron (and maybe Gilbert not either :), but there was enough to get there. LeBron quit.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
Captain Erv
General Manager
And1: 78

Post#244 » by Captain Erv » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Haha

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7xlzLOZH5c[/youtube]
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#245 » by Nebula1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Captain Erv wrote:Haha

That's good stuff.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#246 » by Newz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Captain Erv wrote:Haha

:lol:
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,217

Post#247 » by Sigra » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:49 pm

Sigra wrote:LeBron didn't quit in the playoffs. That is Cavs propaganda and you buy it. It is excuse that they made because they just couldn't admit that Boston was better. Celtics crowded paint and dare him to beat them from outside. But if he hit few shoots they would send double team and let Mo and others beat them. Mo was terrible just like everybody else. Boston played fantastic defense with great help defenders and great focus.

Wade agrees with me:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... ision-wade

“LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant (and Sigra), guys like that understand what Boston’s defense was about,” Wade said. “Their defense was built on not letting one player beat them. You either settle for the outside shot or you pass to your teammates. LeBron had one bad game in the playoffs. Other than that, he did what he could do with the defense all watching him.”

"LeBron’s teammates didn’t help him out that game and it made the way he played even worse. But he’s not a quitter. He didn’t quit.”

But what do we (LeBron, Wade, Kobe and Sigra) know right? :lol:
Dobber-16
Assistant Coach
And1: 439

Post#248 » by Dobber-16 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:09 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:Also, 'Bron did not quit in the playoffs and I'll leave it at that without repeating all of Sigra's points.

I don't think he quit either, but he did lose his focus. You could tell by his body language during the last few playoff games.

It wasn't that "Boston was better". That's a cop-out.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: all you guys bitching sound like fixed income grandmas at the grocery store.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#249 » by blkout » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:24 pm

Sigra wrote:But what do we (LeBron, Wade, Kobe and Sigra) know right? :lol:

Your narcissism knows no bounds. What was he going to say? "Oh yeah he quit but I'm glad he's my teammate".
Sigra
RealGM

Post#250 » by Sigra » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:41 pm

BLKOUT wrote:
Sigra wrote:But what do we (LeBron, Wade, Kobe and Sigra) know right? :lol:

Your narcissism knows no bounds. What was he going to say? "Oh yeah he quit but I'm glad he's my teammate".

Well, unlike you, Wade and myself explained our opinions. Both of us explained that Boston defense made him look bad and we both explained how. You and others just say "He quit. I saw it" and that's all. You guys do not offer reasons why you think that. You just saw it and we should all believe you because you say so :lol:

Look, I also saw that LeBron was not upset after loses. He was joking after loses and didn't show that he cared whatsoever. I agree about that. I did saw that. But I think that is part of his ego. He didn't want to look defeated. He took high road (is that your expresion?). He didn't want to look like loser so he acted like it didn't hurt him.

I will also agree that at the end of series he lost confidence At one moment he realized that he can't win with such a poor suporting cast and it did efect his game as he lost confidence. But that was all result of what Boston did and what his teammates did.

Last year Cavaliers had most wins after regular season for 2nd year in the row. Off course that LeBron wanted to win championship last year. Do any of you really think that he wanted to lose on purpose? Why? So that he can go to Heat and TRY to win there? It makes no sense.

LeBron wanted to win last year. If he could win alone (without Wade and Bosh) he would love that more without any doubt. And then he would stay with Cavs with smile on his face. But Boston was just better.

As Wade and myself already explained, Boston set their defense to not allow one man to beat them. They crowded paint (with huge guys) and also helped on superstars. Kobe was less efected with that strategy because Kobe actually has great jump shoot AND because Kobe has great suporting cast. LeBron and Wade both have suspicius jump shoot and had terrible suporting casts.

What ever LeBron did at the offensive end it was for nothing because Boston could always score on the other end. If Mo was there Boston would score with who ever was Mo defending (Rondo or Allen). When they tried LeBron on Rondo then Pierce went off. Jamison was defenseless against Garnett too. If you remove Mo and Jamison from lineup then LeBron REALLY couldn't score as Boston was able to double team him all the time. It was terrible matchup for Cavs and at one moment LeBron did realize that and just lost his confidence.

But make no mistake, LeBron cared about wining last year A LOT. He just realized he can't do that alone.

Abd I got big ego endeed. It hapened at this foums because I am so right so many times.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#251 » by blkout » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Can you quote me saying that in my opinion LeBron quit, please? Any post will do...
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,203

Post#252 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:15 pm

Wade, the guy who wanted LeBron to come to Miami and who is now a teammate of him, says he didn't quit? NO WAY!! I'm stun. They should ask him about Bosh's defense next, I'm sure he'll rag on it quite a bit.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#253 » by blkout » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:35 pm

He'll probably bring up his history as a rebound thief also.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,789

Post#254 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:36 pm

Sigra, have you ever considered politics? You spend a lot of time on here just spinning things into what you want them to be.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#255 » by Newz » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Penny >>>>>>>>>>>>> LeBron + Wade + Bosh
Sigra
RealGM

Post#256 » by Sigra » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:28 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Sigra, have you ever considered politics? You spend a lot of time on here just spinning things into what you want them to be.

I write long posts armed with facts and arguments. Nobody answer with their facts. Only with **** like this above. Oh well.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks