OT: LeBron Bashin T-Shirts...

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

stevescheffler06
Analyst
And1: 223

Re: OT: LeBron Bashin T-Shirts... 

Post#61 » by stevescheffler06 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:43 pm

Newz wrote:
emunney wrote:How many people would have said that Wade is better than LeBron BEFORE this signing?

This is the funniest thing about the whole situation.

It was pretty much everyone's opinion that LeBron was a better player than Wade before this all went down. Now all of the sudden everyone is trying to act like Wade is a far superior player and James is going there to mooch off of him or something.

Nothing has changed, LeBron is still the best player on the planet... It's just now he has other all-star/superstar players on his team.

To me it's not that Wade is the better physical talent. I just think Lebron is a lot more mentally week than I had thought previously. It's not very 'King' like to go to someone else's town where you're probably the second banana in order to win. I agree though that a lot of this goes away when/if they win a ring.
Sneaky Pete wrote:In Disgiuse.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#62 » by blkout » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:45 pm

LeBron will be more of a facilitator now so his assist numbers (I imagine anyway) would go through the roof. His scoring might drop though so the casuals will just see whoever is scoring the most points as the best player on the team.

I think this time next year people will see it as the big two though. Bosh's production will drop enough for them to forget he exists.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,203

Post#63 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Newz wrote:I agree. Winning a title in Cleveland would have been something no one has ever done before in NBA history... Because he would have done it with a far inferior supporting cast.

If he wins one with Wade/Bosh, he is going it with a similar talent level to the other teams who have won champions before.

Ah, more sarcasm. Winning in Cleveland would be him winning as the top dog on a situation HE CREATED. Going to Miami is bailing on said situation to team up. He's still the best player, but when you have two top 5 players, it's diminished individually. I'm not going to give him any credit for winning a title in Miami, I'd give him a ton if he would have stayed in Cleveland and won one. I'll never back down on that.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#64 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:46 pm

I just think Lebron is a lot more mentally weak than I had thought previously

I think it's pretty clear at this point he's a mentally weak player. Kobe owns him in that aspect.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#65 » by Newz » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:47 pm

I dunno. Pau Gasol pretty much forced himself out of Memphis and said he wanted to be on a team that could win.

They ended up trading him to the Lakers and that team has been dominant ever since. I don't think any less of Pau Gasol. I happen to think he is probably the best PF in the NBA, seems like a pretty nice guy and just wanted to win.

I agree LeBron didn't approach the situation the same and he acted like a total d-bag. I do not have very much respect for LeBron as a person...

As a basketball player, I have a ton of respect for him. I think he's the best player in the NBA and a one of a kind talent. I'm not going to dismiss him as an amazing player just because I don't like him as a person.

I think Kobe is a total d-bag as well, but I still think he is the second best 2-guard to ever play the game and is one of the best players of all-time period. I don't like Wade much either and I think he's great.
stevescheffler06
Analyst
And1: 223

Post#66 » by stevescheffler06 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:47 pm

Newz wrote:I agree. Winning a title in Cleveland would have been something no one has ever done before in NBA history... Because he would have done it with a far inferior supporting cast.

A supporting cast he had a huge hand in creating. And now he bolts for greener pastures while they're left with his mess. It's they're own fault for letting him have so much say in the team but I think it's a weak argument to say he left because the team wasn't good enough.
Sneaky Pete wrote:In Disgiuse.
Newz
Banned User

Post#67 » by Newz » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:48 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

If he wins one with Wade/Bosh, he is going it with a similar talent level to the other teams who have won champions before.

Ah, more sarcasm. Winning in Cleveland would be him winning as the top dog on a situation HE CREATED. Going to Miami is bailing on said situation to team up. He's still the best player, but when you have two top 5 players, it's diminished individually. I'm not going to give him any credit for winning a title in Miami, I'd give him a ton if he would have stayed in Cleveland and won one. I'll never back down on that.

You shouldn't give Michael Jordan any credit then. Scottie Pippen was easily a top 5 player in the NBA when they were winning titles in Chicago. Dennis Rodman was a better player than Chris Bosh.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#68 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:48 pm

Pau Gasol is not the top player in the league or close to it. If we're going to argue, can we please FOR ONCE stay in context? Good lord.
Newz
Banned User

Post#69 » by Newz » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:48 pm

stevescheffler06 wrote:A supporting cast he had a huge hand in creating.

Maybe the franchise (who is now damning him) shouldn't have been stupid enough to let him run the team?
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#70 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:49 pm

You shouldn't give Michael Jordan any credit then. Scottie Pippen was easily a top 5 player in the NBA when they were winning titles in Chicago. Dennis Rodman was a better player than Chris Bosh.

LMAO. Michael Jordan left the Bulls? I'm checking his bio right now and I can't find that.

It's amazing how many completely incomparable situations you try and compare when you debate. It's amazing.
Newz
Banned User

Post#71 » by Newz » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:49 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Pau Gasol is not the top player in the league or close to it. If we're going to argue, can we please FOR ONCE stay in context? Good lord.

He's a top 10 player in the league, IMO.

He's better than Chris Bosh, that's for sure.
Newz
Banned User

Post#72 » by Newz » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:50 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

LMAO. Michael Jordan left the Bulls? I'm checking his bio right now and I can't find that.

It's amazing how many completely incomparable situations you try and compare when you debate. It's amazing.

You said if you have a top 5 player on your team, it doesn't mean as much. :o

Why is it different if you stay on the same team or go to another team with the top 5 player already? What difference does it make?
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#73 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:50 pm

If we are honestly going to put Pau Gasol and LeBron James in the same breath as level of players, we can just lock this thread right now. Unreal.
Newz
Banned User

Post#74 » by Newz » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:50 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

If we are honestly going to put Pau Gasol and LeBron James in the same breath as level of players, we can just lock this thread right now. Unreal.

So this situation only applies to one player in the league? He is held to a different standard just because he is better than everyone else?

Unreal.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,358

Post#75 » by emunney » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:51 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

See: 1993.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#76 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:51 pm

You said if you have a top 5 player on your team, it doesn't mean as much. :o

Why is it different if you stay on the same team or go to another team with the top 5 player already? What difference does it make?

Is this serious, or a joke? So the Bulls should stop drafting players since Jordan is on the team? That is the same as another player LEAVING team to team up with an already established player? Do you really believe the stuff you type? There is no way you can.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#77 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:51 pm

His father died, and last I checked, he wasn't playing for another NBA team.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#78 » by blkout » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Over here in rugby league we have a saying "bred not bought"... essentially it's just a way to piss off fans of teams who go out and sign other players as opposed to developing their own juniors. Similar situation with the Pippen/LeBron thing. Pippen was drafted by the Bulls, he wasn't the guy they went and signed to put them over the top he just became that. LeBron obviously is a different story all together.

Had LeBron gone from a **** team to Miami people wouldn't really be abusing him about chasing rings etc. But when you're already on the second or third best team in the East and you're moving to another team in the same conference then it is a way different scenario. Personally I'm not too bothered by it, he'll win his rings and I won't take them seriously but you can't really compare guys like Gasol and Pippen to him in this case.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#79 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:52 pm

So this situation only applies to one player in the league? He is held to a different standard just because he is better than everyone else?

Unreal.

Umm, we're talking top level players. Gasol was never going to be the top player on a championship team. Why do you always to this kind of weird **** when you debate? Just to annoy people?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,358

Post#80 » by emunney » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:52 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

His father died, and last I checked, he wasn't playing for another NBA team.

You don't let that excuse fly for Sigra, but you're allowing for Michael Jordan?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks