Kicks: Jennings on the cover

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Re: Kicks: Jennings on the cover 

Post#16 » by blkout » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:01 pm

They could put anything on the cover, as long as its associated with SLAM it'll be garbage regardless. Slam is like what would happen if the Icy Hot Stuntaz produced their own magazine.
bigpopadoc
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#17 » by bigpopadoc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:24 pm

Man some of you guys on here are tripping. BJ is working on his game man he's a basketball player doing PR work, give him a break. He's not getting any bad press so stop it. :x
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#18 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:29 pm

bigpopadoc wrote:Man some of you guys on here are tripping. BJ is working on his game man he's a basketball player doing PR work, give him a break. He's not getting any bad press so stop it. :x

Everyone is joking

It's really ok

:)
bigpopadoc
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#19 » by bigpopadoc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:44 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
bigpopadoc wrote:Man some of you guys on here are tripping. BJ is working on his game man he's a basketball player doing PR work, give him a break. He's not getting any bad press so stop it. :x

Everyone is joking

It's really ok

:)

ok just feel bad for people who get bashed..... because they are in the spot light in a good way
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#20 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:41 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:To be honest, never heard of Kicks, but if it's such an honor to be on the cover as the article says then good for BJ. We've definitely got one of the up-and-coming stars of this league on our team for once.

It's by SLAM and either someone really loves BJ there or he's got an in.

Those guys and DIME are always pumping Jennings.

Jennings represets everything those magazines stand for...to the 'T.' He will be on those mags covers every year he is in the league like Iverson was.
He has the swag, the game, the personna, the upside, the showmanship, and the street cred' if I can call it that to sell them a lot of magazines. Brandon once he tightens up his grammar and delivery without getting too corporate and stuffy and keep a little streetball edge, can be a very good pitchman and salesman as well for Kicks and other products.
As long as he keeps his level head straight and those things does not get in the way...of what is really important. He can't get it all twisted. You still have to play well and you still have to play to win...
Pair him up with someone like Carmelo hypothetically, and it is all over...you can hang it up. The Bucks will own those companies in a sense. LOL
If the Bucks can ever ever ever...get him someone who can be a great two man tandem with him it is over...Not sure if that is Bogut. If Bogut develops a Duncan like face up game, he could be the guy.
Maggette it remains to be seen. He has potential but but he is already found his niche. I would love for it to be Sanders down the road, now that would be awesome.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#21 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:13 am

Are those the shoes on the magazine cover? If so, they look pretty nice. I wonder how much they'll retail for? I might have to get a pair if they are reasonable.

I'm trying to get away from Nike. Their shoes always seem to be too narrow for my feet, and I don't really approve of their business model. But, I couldn't resist these:

The Penny Hardaway 1/2 Cent. MSRP $190.00, I got them for $69.00 at Marshall's in the Mall of America. Clearance, the only way to go. Best basketball shoes I've ever had.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
turbo2k
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#22 » by turbo2k » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:27 am

Rockmaninoff wrote:Are those the shoes on the magazine cover? If so, they look pretty nice. I wonder how much they'll retail for? I might have to get a pair if they are reasonable.

I'm trying to get away from Nike. Their shoes always seem to be too narrow for my feet, and I don't really approve of their business model. But, I couldn't resist these:

The Penny Hardaway 1/2 Cent. MSRP $190.00, I got them for $69.00 at Marshall's in the Mall of America. Clearance, the only way to go. Best basketball shoes I've ever had.

:droop: :droop:
Newz wrote:I would also like it to be known that David Lee has not won an ESPY yet. This is **** ridiculous and it is obvious that they are doing it just to put him down. He should win all awards.
David Lee = Robbed again.

http://www.saveourbucks.com
jamaica3
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#23 » by jamaica3 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:11 am

Wait til next offseason when this same picture is on the cover of Sports Illustrated as the top NBA Draft Bust in the past 50 years. That's exactly where FUN will take you.

I've been having fun for about 21 years now and I'm PREEEEEEEETTY sure that's exactly why I'm not in the NBA
Shinyhubcaps
Sixth Man
And1: 50

Post#24 » by Shinyhubcaps » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:57 am

BDUB_30 wrote:Has Brandon always had that much ink ? I really dont even pay attention to that kind of stuff but damn dude looks like a fool like that...

They look darker, and from what I can tell, left shin, lower left arm, and the heels of his hands are new.

He is on the cover of Kicks because this is UnderArmour's first foray into pro basketball shoes (they've got some college with Maryland, mostly). That's also why you see Jennings in SLAM so much. He's got UnderArmour pulling the strings.
Stopshere2
Head Coach
And1: 38

Post#25 » by Stopshere2 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:21 am

That Furious Styles reference got me going. I'm sure Brandon would get the inference.

Luckily, for the revenue department of the government, speed doesn't kill.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#26 » by StutterStep » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:40 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:To be honest, never heard of Kicks, but if it's such an honor to be on the cover as the article says then good for BJ. We've definitely got one of the up-and-coming stars of this league on our team for once.

It's by SLAM and either someone really loves BJ there or he's got an in.

Those guys and DIME are always pumping Jennings.

Sonny Vaccaro KickBacks! :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks