ImageImage

OT: P90X/Health and Fitness Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Re: OT: P90X/Health and Fitness Thread 

Post#1241 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Tue Mar 5, 2013 7:52 pm

Cool, I'll have to look into those races. I'm always open to suggestions when it comes to races. There are a lot of good ones out there but also a lot of bad ones. I've also done the Tyranena Beer Run 1/2 marathon a couple of times which is a cool route through Lake Mills and it has a big lasagna lunch with beer and music afterward. I also do the Waunafest Run 10 miler every year since it's my hometown race.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#1242 » by jtrinaldi » Tue Mar 5, 2013 7:54 pm

emunney wrote:Is that what the South Beach Diet is? Eating once a day and not drinking? I'm pretty sure that's not what it is.

My Mom cooks the meals for the Sout Beach diet, I experimented by only eating once a day for the first week, and I lost 10lbs, so now I stick to that.
Wilford Brimley wrote:
jtrinaldi wrote:I have been on the south beach diet for 2 weeks now, and have lost 20 pounds. I only eat 1 meal a day, and I don't drink anything during the day. I squeeze up lemons/limes/grapefruit for a healthy juice.

Interesting.

I don't drink alcohol (never have), and hate soda, but I love milk. I used to drink about a gallon of 2% every 2 days (seriously), but since the new year Im down to 2 glasses of skim milk a day. Water for everything else, sometimes juice. Feels good, not so bloated with all the milk.

Yeah, I don't drink water at all, water actually turns into "water weight" which the body keeps
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#1243 » by Wilford Brimley » Tue Mar 5, 2013 7:57 pm

jtrinaldi wrote:Yeah, I don't drink water at all, water actually turns into "water weight" which the body keeps

hmm, ive heard water helps lose weight. i'll have to read more.

so what are you drinking? just lemons/limes/grapefruit?
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,236

Post#1244 » by KidA24 » Tue Mar 5, 2013 7:58 pm

That just sounds completely stupid and unhealthy and the exact opposite of everything any nutritionist and doctor has ever told me.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,183

Post#1245 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Mar 5, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,599

Post#1246 » by emunney » Tue Mar 5, 2013 8:42 pm

:lol:
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#1247 » by jtrinaldi » Tue Mar 5, 2013 8:50 pm

Wilford Brimley wrote:
jtrinaldi wrote:Yeah, I don't drink water at all, water actually turns into "water weight" which the body keeps

pretty much. I also have a V8 vegetable juice a day. Its working for me, and I can deal with not eating during the day. When I eat at night, I normally have some kind of chicken with vegetables.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1248 » by BUCKnation » Tue Mar 5, 2013 8:53 pm

jtrinaldi wrote:
Wilford Brimley wrote:

pretty much. I also have a V8 vegetable juice a day. Its working for me, and I can deal with not eating during the day. When I eat at night, I normally have some kind of chicken with vegetables.

I thought you were joking... :-?
Wilford Brimley
Banned User

Post#1249 » by Wilford Brimley » Tue Mar 5, 2013 8:57 pm

lol what is so funny a few posts back?
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#1250 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Tue Mar 5, 2013 8:59 pm

I've found the best way to lose weight (other than working out) is to make lifestyle/diet changes on a small scale so that your "diet" isn't really a "diet" but just a healthy change to your life. You have to start small so that it is easy to adjust, but over a period of time you can make some pretty significant changes. I have made small changes like not keeping any snacks in my house, I don't buy bread/chips/crackers/buns/tortillas at the grocery store, and I have gotten in a good habit of eating small dinners, usually chicken/fish with veggies, a salad, or sometimes just a bowl of cereal with fruit. That sort of stuff has worked well for me. Crazy/weird diets usually aren't the way to go.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User

Post#1251 » by Wilford Brimley » Tue Mar 5, 2013 9:00 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:I've found the best way to lose weight (other than working out) is to make lifestyle/diet changes on a small scale so that your "diet" isn't really a "diet" but just a healthy change to your life. You have to start small so that it is easy to adjust, but over a period of time you can make some pretty significant changes. I have made small changes like not keeping any snacks in my house, I don't buy bread/chips/crackers/buns/tortillas at the grocery store, and I have gotten in a good habit of eating small dinners, usually chicken/fish with veggies or sometimes just some have a bowl of cereal with fruit. That sort of stuff has worked well for me. Crazy/weird diets usually aren't the way to go.

i agree. i know if I buy chocolate/cookies, then I will eat them. so i just don't buy them anymore.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1252 » by BUCKnation » Tue Mar 5, 2013 9:01 pm

I think snacks are fine as long as you limit consumption and fat intake. Pretzels and non-buttered popcorn are great.

For me, I love those things and I also eat almonds and pistachios. With a few they can keep away hunger pains until your next meal.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,237

Post#1253 » by LUKE23 » Tue Mar 5, 2013 9:03 pm

Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and guarantee that not drinking all day isn't healthy.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User

Post#1254 » by Wilford Brimley » Tue Mar 5, 2013 9:04 pm

BUCKnation wrote:I think snacks are fine as long as you limit consumption and fat intake. Pretzels and non-buttered popcorn are great.

For me, I love those things and I also eat almonds and pistachios. With a few they can keep away hunger pains until your next meal.

Yup, Im starting to eat almonds a lot.

Strawberrys, bananas w honey, blue/blackberries, green beans - all nice to munch on.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1255 » by REDDzone » Tue Mar 5, 2013 9:05 pm

lol, I started drinking a lot more water, and went from eating 2.5ish meals a day to 4-5 meals a day, and I've never been leaner or in better shape. At least not since highschool.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#1256 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Tue Mar 5, 2013 9:05 pm

BUCKnation wrote:I think snacks are fine as long as you limit consumption and fat intake. Pretzels and non-buttered popcorn are great.

I guess I shouldn't have said all snacks. I do actually keep some nut mixes and butterless popcorn like you said. I usually buy it more for work though, since I usually take my lunch pretty late in the day and sometimes need something to hold me over.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User

Post#1257 » by Wilford Brimley » Tue Mar 5, 2013 9:06 pm

REDDzone wrote:lol, I started drinking a lot more water, and went from eating 2.5ish meals a day to 4-5 meals a day, and I've never been leaner or in better shape. At least not since highschool.

4-5 small meals?
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,237

Post#1258 » by LUKE23 » Tue Mar 5, 2013 9:07 pm

REDDzone wrote:lol, I started drinking a lot more water, and went from eating 2.5ish meals a day to 4-5 meals a day, and I've never been leaner or in better shape. At least not since highschool.

Yep. For one, there is a huge misconception right now that losing weight and being healthy are the same thing. It really isn't. Now, if you're 5 bills, yeah, you should be looking at weight loss first so you can get into reasonable enough shape to exercise regularly. But severely lowering your calorie intake to lose weight doesn't make you healthy. You should be eating several small healthy meals per day to speed up your metabolism (while still getting enough calories to have energy to exercise hard) and drinking plenty of liquids. Body fat % >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> weight.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1259 » by emunney » Tue Mar 5, 2013 9:08 pm

Wilford Brimley wrote:lol what is so funny a few posts back?

Just laughing that MD's gif represented exactly what was going on inside my head.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1260 » by emunney » Tue Mar 5, 2013 9:10 pm

Wait... can we PM now?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks