ImageImage

Bogut Injury Thread: "I may not be 100% this year" (page 21)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Re: Bogut Update (Australian TV Interview) 

Post#21 » by ClassicJack » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:40 pm

The seriousness of this elbow injury has definitely been an elephant in the room with them seemingly downplaying it and even going so far as to insinuate that the hand injury was the more serious of the two. That fall was brutal and I don't expect him to be the same player he was before the injury. This is so disappointing because he was a legitimate elite center in the league for about 2 months before and that might be the only taste that we get of the kind of player that he truly could have been.

And like Newz said his back is still a ticking time bomb. I hope I'm wrong but as fluky as they might be, they are some very serious injuries.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#22 » by BobbyLight » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:47 pm

Newz wrote:I knew that injury wasn't something that you just recovered from with no problems. That was freaking brutal.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm not at all shocked to hear this news, but I was hoping for better. I'll give it some more time before I worry about it a ton. I'm just going to hope he can get better ASAP and if he can get ready in time for the opener I won't be all that concerned.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#23 » by paul » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:47 pm

This is some serious doom and gloom even by this boards standards :D
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,724

Post#24 » by emunney » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:51 pm

paul wrote:This is some serious doom and gloom even by this boards standards :D

Agreed. It could play out that his elbow is never the same, but he's got a lot of rehab to go. I wouldn't expect it to be normal yet.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
speedingtime
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#25 » by speedingtime » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:53 pm

There's still 2 months before the season starts, so I'm hopeful he can make some progress. How much, I don't know.
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#26 » by ClassicJack » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:58 pm

So it doesn't worry you that almost 5 months after the injury he can't shoot the ball without a bunch of fluid building up in his elbow?
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#27 » by Newz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:21 pm

If your best player not being able to shoot a basketball five months after an injury and two months before the season starts while questioning if he will be ready for the season isn't a cause for concern, then what is?
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#28 » by eagle13 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Gooden / Sanders rotation at the 5.

Gallon for sure not signed now. Bucks may need another true 5.
paul
RealGM

Post#29 » by paul » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:41 pm

ClassicJack wrote:

So it doesn't worry you that almost 5 months after the injury he can't shoot the ball without a bunch of fluid building up in his elbow?

It's certainly not ideal and I'm not happy about it, but there's a long time to go before the season and those reactions were extreme to say the least.

The guy is in training. By all accounts he's working out hard and has been for a fair while, I'd rather he was shooting the thing a thousand times a day but you can't always get what you want - this time last year he wasn't even allowed to run still. I guess I'm just not going to let stuff like this get on top of me this far out from the season, I was reading these exact same reactions twelve months ago on here with the 'he'll never be the same, he'll be lucky to be even close to ready to start the season, he'll be out of shape until January etc' type reactions only to watch him push the top 20-30 guys in the league and have by far his best season to date.
I'll get worried if he's not ready to open the season, otherwise I'll just let him do what he does and show a little patience.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#30 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:41 pm

This is why we can't have nice things
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
paul
RealGM

Post#31 » by paul » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Newz wrote:

If your best player not being able to shoot a basketball five months after an injury and two months before the season starts while questioning if he will be ready for the season isn't a cause for concern, then what is?

There's concern and there's over the top alarm.
Newz
Banned User

Post#32 » by Newz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:44 pm

paul wrote:
Newz wrote:

Saying our best player needs to get healthy and stay healthy is 'over the top alarm'.

Got it. :D
Judo Krugar
Sophomore

Post#33 » by Judo Krugar » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:46 pm

The Garry Shandling era begins
paul
RealGM

Post#34 » by paul » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Newz wrote:
paul wrote:
Newz wrote:

Saying our best player needs to get healthy and stay healthy is 'over the top alarm'.

Got it. :D

Come on, we're not really going to get into a back and forth on this right? Your quote isn't even a page back.
Newz
Banned User

Post#35 » by Newz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:49 pm

paul wrote:Come on, we're not really going to get into a back and forth on this right? Your quote isn't even a page back.

Right... My quote was:

Newz wrote:Bogut needs to get healthy and stay healthy. He has been banged up with weird injuries, his back or now this freak elbow injury almost his whole career. At some point you just have to say the guy is injury prone.

I'm not extremely confident (though I still believe) that he is going to rebound from this and be the same player he was last year. I also still worry about his back problems and I am wondering when/if they will come back and reduce his impact.

This is terrible news. Even if he is fully healthy by the first game of the season, he won't be in ideal basketball shape because he wouldn't have been shooting a lot or getting himself in the best condition he could be in because of the injury.

Our season and future looks a lot worse if this is true.

Can you point out where I am being 'over the top'?
Judo Krugar
Sophomore

Post#36 » by Judo Krugar » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:53 pm

paul
RealGM

Post#37 » by paul » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:01 pm

So we are then? LMAO.

I wasn't talking about you specifically but if we must the last two paragraphs of your post ought to do it. Nothing you've said was 'untrue' as such, it's just the alarmist attitude to it that gives me a giggle given I was literally reading the exact same stuff 12 months ago.
Our season and future look a lot worse? Really? Already? So you've totally discounted the possibility that this thing could be healing well by camp even though it's not totally healed in August, that he might manage it well and shows no side effects through the season? I mean, it's not like we have a precedent for that with him, right? Holy sh*t, sell Bucks stock right now!@!!#@!

I also didn't try to make out that you were the only guy jumping for the panace button did I? You really take things personally at times. :D

Anyways like I said I find this news far from ideal, just don't plan on throwing the women and children overboard just yet. Wait, that sounds right yeah?
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#38 » by REDDzone » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:08 pm

WEFFPIM wrote:This is why we can't have nice things

Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Newz
Banned User

Post#39 » by Newz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:10 pm

paul wrote:So we are then? LMAO.

I wasn't talking about you specifically but if we must the last two paragraphs of your post ought to do it. Nothing you've said was 'untrue' as such, it's just the alarmist attitude to it that gives me a giggle given I was literally reading the exact same stuff 12 months ago.
Our season and future look a lot worse? Really? Already? So you've totally discounted the fact that this thing could be healing well by camp even though it's not totally healed in August, that he might manage it well and shows no side effects through the season? I mean, it's not like we have a precedent for that with him, right? Holy sh*t, sell Bucks stock right now!@!!#@!

I also didn't try to make out that you were the only guy jumping for the panace button did I? You really take things personally at times. :D

Anyways like I said I find this news far from ideal, just don't plan on throwing the women and children overboard just yet. Wait, that's right yeah?

I honestly think you are the one who is going overboard in terms of criticizing other people for being concerned. Clearly you were targeting my post as one of the posts you were saying went overboard... It is obvious by how much of an issue you have with it in your post. :D

I said our season and our future look worse if this is true. That isn't an untrue or over the top statement at all. If he isn't ready for the start of the season and he isn't able to shoot, it is going to screw up our season and possibly our future if this (or his back) becomes a problem.

How is that even debatable? :o

Man, making the playoffs once and winning 46 games sure gives people supreme confidence. You guys don't worry about anything. I even said I believe he is going to recover and be the player he was, yet people still think I'm being negative.

1. I said he needs to get healthy and stay healthy. (RIDICULOUS!!!)
2. I said we may want to start saying he is injury prone because he has been missing significant time and getting hurt a lot. (OMG, HOW COULD I POSSIBLY SAY THAT! GOING TOTALLY OVERBOARD!)
3. I said I believe he'll recover and be the player he was last year. I'm still concerned about his back though. (ONCE AGAIN, HOW COULD SOMEONE GO SO OVERBOARD AND SAY SUCH A THING?)
4. This is bad news. He likely won't be in ideal shape because he cannot shoot a basketball and the season is only 69 days away. (ONCE AGAIN, HOW COULD ANYONE SAY SOMETHING SO INSANE?)
5. Our season and future look a lot worse if this is true. (Our best player has a messed up arm, coming off a gruesome injury and he also has back issues. This may cause him to miss the start of the season. HOW COULD ANYONE SAY THAT COULD EFFECT OUR SEASON OR THAT THOSE INJURIES COULD HURT US IN THE FUTURE?!?!?!?)

Unreal.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#40 » by blkout » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:17 pm

I hope you all get fluid in your elbows from typing so much.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks