ImageImage

Bogut Injury Thread: "I may not be 100% this year" (page 21)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Stopshere2
Head Coach
And1: 38

Re: Bogut Injury Thread: "I may not be 100% this year" (page 21) 

Post#541 » by Stopshere2 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:20 am

michaelm wrote:
Stopshere2 wrote:ECBF and emunney :)
1968 Camaro SS 396 fan myself.

1969 boss 302 trans-am mustang by kar-kraft for me.

Not bad but I'll take your Allan Moffat car and raise it (raze it lol) with a 1969 Pontiac Firebird 427 or 1971 GTO Judge 455. I'm not interested in going fast around corners ;)

btw, Bogut would be impressed that this has become a pony/muscle car discussion rather than about his boring old injury :P
Luckily, for the revenue department of the government, speed doesn't kill.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#542 » by michaelm » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:01 am

Stopshere2 wrote:
michaelm wrote:
Stopshere2 wrote:ECBF and emunney :)
1968 Camaro SS 396 fan myself.

1969 boss 302 trans-am mustang by kar-kraft for me.

Not bad but I'll take your Allan Moffat car and raise it (raze it lol) with a 1969 Pontiac Firebird 427 or 1971 GTO Judge 455. I'm not interested in going fast around corners ;)

btw, Bogut would be impressed that this has become a pony/muscle car discussion rather than about his boring old injury :P

As I recall bob jane tried fairly hard to raze it with a 427 camaro, not infrequently unsuccessfully.

That mustang was gorgeous, whether in perhaps appropriate coca-cola livery, or my favourite, the brut 33 livery. It is definitely the peak collectors muscle car in australia; as you are no doubt aware they were extremely rare even in the usa in the day. Allan now bemoans not keeping it, since particularly with the racing provenance it approaches the dollars of collectable ferraris.
Stopshere2
Head Coach
And1: 38

Post#543 » by Stopshere2 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:44 am

michaelm wrote:
Stopshere2 wrote:
michaelm wrote:1969 boss 302 trans-am mustang by kar-kraft for me.

As I recall bob jane tried fairly hard to raze it with a 427 camaro, not infrequently unsuccessfully.

That mustang was gorgeous, whether in perhaps appropriate coca-cola livery, or my favourite, the black and gold brut 33 livery. It is definitely the peak collectors muscle car in australia; as you are no doubt aware they were extremely rare even in the usa in the day. Allan now bemoans not keeping it, since particularly with the racing provenance it approaches the dollars of collectable ferraris.

That was a great motorsport era both here and in the States. I found a terrific link on the history of Moffat's car.

http://v8racecar.wordpress.com/2010/01/ ... 2-mustang/
Luckily, for the revenue department of the government, speed doesn't kill.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#544 » by Sigra » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:42 pm

Why can't we all be friends?
Total_Package
Banned User
And1: 49

Post#545 » by Total_Package » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:26 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Somehow things have been misconstrued. I don't recall anyone ever calling Bogut a racist (ignorant maybe but not racist to my recollection). I honestly don't think he's a racist. Although, I do think he has made some ignorant and ill-advised comments at times in his attempts to differenitate himself.

My comment earlier was that ANY criticisms of Bogut throughout the years has often turned into a race discussion on this board not that he was in any way a racist.

In regard to his comments about the extravagant and unnecessary spending by some NBA players on flashy things (which could be linked to hip hop culture).. I thought back then that his perspective appeared a bit arrogant and hypocritical. His friviolous spending is no better than their friviolous spending. It's all wasteful, so really he's no better than any of them. Just because he wastes money on classic cars (by the way I LOVE cars - classic or otherwise) doesn't make it any less wasteful then someone who spends money on other stuff. We all like nice things and most of the things people like are unnecessary... at the end of the day the lint in our pockets will let us know if it was worth the purchase or not.

He spends the money because he can and so do they. He's not a minimalist who saves every dollar, so what makes the type of purchase he makes anything different from anyone elses? It doesn't. It's what he enjoys doing and nobody else in the NBA otherized him then or now for it. I don't care what specific question they asked him, sometimes saying less is better than saying more... lucky for us he seems to have learned that either via maturing or media training.

The other thing, at that time, that I found especially amusing was my recollection of an interview he did pre-draft with a college teammate where Bogut clearly stated that his favorite artist and music was made by Jay-Z. I believe he was a big fan of the Black Album at one point and then after being drafted he started saying otherwise and concentrating more on cultural differences when questioned. It was comical to hear him later make comments that made it appear as if he was somewhat disinterested in any part of hip hop culture. However as I said.. it's all a part of growth and I am happy he is more mature and comfortable in his own skin.

LOL seriously.. how can you compare Bogut buying classic cars... to the players he was talking about who blow $50,000 just on a party on a Saturday night. It's not even comparable.

If you had ever seen Bogut on twitter talking about the auctions where he goes looking for cars... he quite often mentions that he walks out of auctions because the price for some cars is higher than what he thinks its worth.... or he thought there was something dodgy going on. This isn't a man who buys cars just for fun and to be frivolous.... he's on $10 mill a year and he's walking away from cars he wants at auction because they are $10k more than he thinks they are worth.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks