ImageImage

Bogut Injury Thread: "I may not be 100% this year" (page 21)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Re: Bogut Update (Australian TV Interview) 

Post#61 » by Whiteman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:07 pm

trwi7 wrote:
Whiteman wrote:I wanted to reply to this with a threatening yet funny picture so I typed "bring the pain" and searched Google Images but there were no cool pictures

I disagree.

:lol:

Ok, that is a cool pic.
fabio
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#62 » by fabio » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Totally expected, as I said it several times, off-season movements yelled "BOGUT WON'T BE READY!!!!". I understand the fan's vision can't be an objective vision, but I got really surprised on how confident most of you were with a terrible injury such as Bogut's. Even if you never played basketball before, it simply makes no sense from a logical POV.

As for the "fluid" thing, I don't know if it's the same, but I had both thumbs broken (the last time led to my retire) and in one of them I felt a weird sensation like fluids coming up and down from my wrist and some sort of effervescent feel, really annoying

Anyways, it's better if he rests and recovers for 1-2 or 3 additional months if needed and get back in better shape than him getting to court before time and then having to regret the consequences
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#63 » by icat2000 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:25 pm

All I know is that Bogut will work his arse off to get back for the season. He did it last season coming back from a terrible back injury.

Actually he be back. He either be fine or he suck it up to play.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#64 » by Newz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:26 pm

fabio wrote:Totally expected, as I said it several times, off-season movements yelled "BOGUT WON'T BE READY!!!!". I understand the fan's vision can't be an objective vision, but I got really surprised on how confident most of you were with a terrible injury such as Bogut's. Even if you never played basketball before, it simply makes no sense from a logical POV.

As for the "fluid" thing, I don't know if it's the same, but I had both thumbs broken (the last time led to my retire) and in one of them I felt a weird sensation like fluids coming up and down from my wrist and some sort of effervescent feel, really annoying

Anyways, it's better if he rests and recovers for 1-2 or 3 additional months if needed and get back in better shape than him getting to court before time and then having to regret the consequences

So what you are saying is Bogut is going to be like the better version of this guy?

Stopshere2
Head Coach
And1: 38

Post#65 » by Stopshere2 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:38 pm

Dobber-16 wrote:Nice find. Now that national media here in the US has picked up on your post. You'll be more famous than Sigra!

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entr ... 4/23989050
Real GM's board of internet scour experts brings us a transcript of Bogut's television appearance in his native land of Australia. The interview, available here (but not in the US), tells us that Bogut was shooting while in Europe, but had fluid build up in his elbow and so had to go back to conditioning and weight training only. More concerning is this quote:

They actually use word for word part of the transcript I provided on page 1, not that I'm happy about it. I hope Andrew hasn't spoken too candidly - yet again - to the detriment of the Bucks organisation (sponsors, fanbase, etc.).

I'm all for disclosure, and everyone knows we get far too little of that from the Bucks, however this isn't good news when you're trying to sell season tickets and sponsorships. There's going to be a lot of 'wait and see' if word spreads of Bogut's comments. Basically, the shock and doom reflected in the first couple of pages of this thread will be the general reaction with paul's response being that of the Bucks front office trying to hose it down.

From a business viewpoint, Bogut probably should have gone with the usual company line of "it's still a little tight/tender/sore but I'll be ready for camp/pre-season/season opener.
Luckily, for the revenue department of the government, speed doesn't kill.
totcd
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#66 » by totcd » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Its just lucky that at least half his shots are left handed. Its like he somehow know that he right arm would would be stuffed at some stage and took some preemptive action.
fabio
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#67 » by fabio » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Newz wrote:
fabio wrote:Totally expected, as I said it several times, off-season movements yelled "BOGUT WON'T BE READY!!!!". I understand the fan's vision can't be an objective vision, but I got really surprised on how confident most of you were with a terrible injury such as Bogut's. Even if you never played basketball before, it simply makes no sense from a logical POV.

So what you are saying is Bogut is going to be like the better version of this guy?

god forbids :-?

anyway, this might be a blessing in disguise for Bucks. I'm 100% sure Bucks WITHOUT BOGUT have enough to make the playoffs. And that will lead to other players, mainly Brockman and Sanders (but also Gooden) to improve, so once Bogut gets back at full strength, the FC will be amazing.

btw, I know the "I told you so" motto sounds very annoying, but, like I said many times... say hello to your starting C: Drew Gooden . It was written everywhere and people here was discussing him as PF (although I hope Brockman evolves as a better player than Gooden)
PedroGrande
Analyst
And1: 731

Post#68 » by PedroGrande » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Who is the *********** bucks fan that keep ******** the team with his bad luck?!?!?
"Hope isn't a plan"
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#69 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:54 pm

WOOT WOOT

From Bucks board topic to CBS article to RealGM Wiretap in about 8 hours

WOW

Stoposhere2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>more famous than Sigra

RealGM poster Stoposhere2 transcribed the following interview from Andrew Bogut, as he talks about his serious elbow injury.

"It's getting there, frustrating," said Bogut. "Just in Europe, doing physio twice a day. Doing physio every day since being back and you don't see immediate results, with my elbow at least. It's frustrating.

"I'm optimistic that I should be ready for the season but you never know with these things because of the nerve damage and so on, it's on its own course.

"[It's my decision] I'm one of those guys who will play through injury but if I'm not 100% for the season to start, there is no sense going into an NBA season at 85% 'cause we're playing up to May.

"I'm still not even shooting the basketball. I shot the ball a little bit in Europe and got a bunch of fluid down in my elbow so I had to stop shooting. So at the moment I'm just lifting weights and conditioning so we'll see what happens."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... z0x5ioonRA
d_bokk
Banned User

Post#70 » by d_bokk » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:56 pm

I guess Sanders getting some run at the start of the season could be positive, I wont get too concerned about Bogut just yet though. Although not having a pure backup center could hurt the Bucks if he misses a sizable chunk of the season.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#71 » by chuckleslove » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:57 pm

lol, nice to see that the Bucks board is once again the best source of all information, our posters around here are truly the best.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#72 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Enlund is currently playing with his Ball-In-A-Cup
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#73 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:06 pm

If there are serious concerns about Bogut being ready I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bucks sign Sean Williams over Hobson. I predict Hobson is not signed for awhile to keep our options open.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,281

Post#74 » by rilamann » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:18 pm

It's going to be very depressing if Bogut is not ready for camp.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
PedroGrande
Analyst

Post#75 » by PedroGrande » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:34 pm

Real GM Fail in spelling stop's nick lol
"Hope isn't a plan"
Stopshere2
Head Coach
And1: 38

Post#76 » by Stopshere2 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:39 pm

haha real journalists fear my transcribing skillz!

Luckily, for the revenue department of the government, speed doesn't kill.
PedroGrande
Analyst

Post#77 » by PedroGrande » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:40 pm

Stopshere2 wrote:haha real journalists fear my transcribing skillz!

Lol Now you can be arrogant lool
"Hope isn't a plan"
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#78 » by blkout » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:53 pm

I think Stopshere has officially been copy/pasted by American writers more than Sigra.
boknoy
Junior
And1: 6

Post#79 » by boknoy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:21 pm

dont panic. i think its more for Australian National Team fans. its like saying indirectly that "hey, look i cannot really play in Turkey this month"
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#80 » by BDUB_30 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:24 am

He'll be ready.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks