ImageImage

Bogut Injury Thread: "I may not be 100% this year" (page 21)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Re: Bogut Update (Australian TV Interview) 

Post#41 » by paul » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Newz wrote:
paul wrote:So we are then? LMAO.

I wasn't talking about you specifically but if we must the last two paragraphs of your post ought to do it. Nothing you've said was 'untrue' as such, it's just the alarmist attitude to it that gives me a giggle given I was literally reading the exact same stuff 12 months ago.
Our season and future look a lot worse? Really? Already? So you've totally discounted the fact that this thing could be healing well by camp even though it's not totally healed in August, that he might manage it well and shows no side effects through the season? I mean, it's not like we have a precedent for that with him, right? Holy sh*t, sell Bucks stock right now!@!!#@!

I also didn't try to make out that you were the only guy jumping for the panace button did I? You really take things personally at times. :D

Anyways like I said I find this news far from ideal, just don't plan on throwing the women and children overboard just yet. Wait, that's right yeah?

I honestly think you are the one who is going overboard in terms of criticizing other people for being concerned. Clearly you were targeting my post as one of the posts you were saying went overboard... It is obvious by how much of an issue you have with it in your post. :D

I said our season and our future look worse if this is true. That isn't an untrue or over the top statement at all. If he isn't ready for the start of the season and he isn't able to shoot, it is going to screw up our season and possibly our future if this (or his back) becomes a problem.

How is that even debatable? :o

Man, making the playoffs once and winning 46 games sure gives people supreme confidence. You guys don't worry about anything. I even said I believe he is going to recover and be the player he was, yet people still think I'm being negative.

1. I said he needs to get healthy and stay healthy. (RIDICULOUS!!!)
2. I said we may want to start saying he is injury prone because he has been missing significant time and getting hurt a lot. (OMG, HOW COULD I POSSIBLY SAY THAT! GOING TOTALLY OVERBOARD!)
3. I said I believe he'll recover and be the player he was last year. I'm still concerned about his back though. (ONCE AGAIN, HOW COULD SOMEONE GO SO OVERBOARD AND SAY SUCH A THING?)
4. This is bad news. He likely won't be in ideal shape because he cannot shoot a basketball and the season is only 69 days away. (ONCE AGAIN, HOW COULD ANYONE SAY SOMETHING SO INSANE?)
5. Our season and future look a lot worse if this is true. (Our best player has a messed up arm, coming off a gruesome injury and he also has back issues. This may cause him to miss the start of the season. HOW COULD ANYONE SAY THAT COULD EFFECT OUR SEASON OR THAT THOSE INJURIES COULD HURT US IN THE FUTURE?!?!?!?)

Unreal.

Dear lord, settle down princess. Sorry to have offended you so horribly by saying I felt some reactions in the thread were a bit extreme :D

Now I'm saying your reaction to my post was over the top, what have you got to say about that huh?

BLKOUT wrote:I hope you all get fluid in your elbows from typing so much.

Excellent. I'm going to stop typing and just do weights.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#42 » by Newz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:26 pm

paul wrote:Dear lord, settle down princess. Sorry to have offended you so horribly by saying I felt some reactions in the thread were a bit extreme :D

Now I'm saying your reaction to my post was over the top, what have you got to say about that huh?

That I find it amusing you would say something so stupid as people were overreacting to this and then have no response other than calling me 'princess'. :D

I guess I should think of some personal insult to throw at you though, since that seems to happen around here more than discussion about basketball nows a days. I'll pass though.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#43 » by paul » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Newz wrote:
paul wrote:Dear lord, settle down princess. Sorry to have offended you so horribly by saying I felt some reactions in the thread were a bit extreme :D

That I find it amusing you would say something so stupid as people were overreacting to this and then have no response other than calling me 'princess'. :D

I guess I should think of some personal insult to throw at you though, since that seems to happen around here more than discussion about basketball nows a days. I'll pass though.

Man there really is a decided difference between the Australian and American sense of humor. The princess bit was honestly meant in jest. I'm not here to tell you your business but maybe chilling out a little bit might be something that could work for you.

I really hope I was PC enough there.
Newz
Banned User

Post#44 » by Newz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:30 pm

paul wrote:Man there really is a decided difference between the Australian and American sense of humor. The princess bit was honestly meant in jest. I'm not here to tell you your business but maybe chilling out a little bit might be something that could work for you.

I really hope I was PC enough there.

Okay princess, I'll chill out. :D
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,769

Post#45 » by michaelm » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:31 pm

Hopefully he has a neuropraxia which will recover sooner rather than later. With the angle his elbow went to you wouldn't be surprised if he tweaked/stretched the nerve, but no way should it have been transected etc.

The elbow has always been the worry. If he has good range of motion hopefully every thing else will settle down.

Was the interview live or pre-recorded? I think it is a few weeks since he has been in europe as has been said.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#46 » by trwi7 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:32 pm

paul wrote:Man there really is a decided difference between the Australian and American sense of humor

Yeah. Ours is better. Just like our basketball players (jerrod doesn't count.)
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#47 » by blkout » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:37 pm

The best player on your team is an Australian, jackass!!!!!

!!!!!!!
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#48 » by REDDzone » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:37 pm

paul wrote:Man there really is a decided difference between the Australian and American sense of humor. .

Its probably true, but I don't think that was an appropriate conclusion to draw based on this conversation. Call some people princess and they freak the **** out, call twirl princess and he is yours for life.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Newz
Banned User

Post#49 » by Newz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:37 pm

BLKOUT wrote:The best player on your team is an Australian, jackass!!!!!

!!!!!!!

Ummm...

I think you are forgetting we just signed Boykins.

Boykins > Bogut > Jennings

Just FYI.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by blkout » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:38 pm

Newz wrote:

!!!!!!!

Ummm...

I think you are forgetting we just signed Boykins.

Boykins > Bogut > Jennings

Just FYI.

Boykins is Australian. Stop being a racist.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#51 » by trwi7 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 pm

!!!!!!!

Michael Redd is Australian?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Newz
Banned User

Post#52 » by Newz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 pm

BLKOUT wrote:Boykins is Australian. Stop being a racist.

Yeah right. When he was born he brought his talents to Cleveland, Ohio.

YOU WISH YOU HAD MIDGETS IN AUSTRALIA!!!!!
trwi7
RealGM

Post#53 » by trwi7 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:41 pm

Newz wrote:YOU WISH YOU HAD MIDGETS IN AUSTRALIA!!!!!

They do. They're called baby kangaroos.

blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by blkout » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Newz wrote:

I see you're unfamiliar with our rich sporting history;

Newz
Banned User

Post#55 » by Newz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:43 pm

BLKOUT wrote:
Newz wrote:

I see you're unfamiliar with our rich sporting history;

Woah, you guys have an army of midgets over there... :o
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#56 » by smooth 'lil balla » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:23 pm

!!!!!!!

Yea, but our team stinks!
Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Post#57 » by Whiteman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:29 pm

paul wrote:
BLKOUT wrote:I blame Europe for this.

Bet your ass. Time for an invasion, teach that damn continent a lesson.

I wanted to reply to this with a threatening yet funny picture so I typed "bring the pain" and searched Google Images but there were no cool pictures only crap and also a picture of Andrew Bogut lying on the ground and he looked very unhappy and his elbow looked all wrong and gross and now I'm all depressed so you can come and invade us now because life is all meaningless anyway.

Just bring beer with you. Lots of it.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#58 » by trwi7 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Whiteman wrote:I wanted to reply to this with a threatening yet funny picture so I typed "bring the pain" and searched Google Images but there were no cool pictures

I disagree.

Dobber-16
Assistant Coach
And1: 439

Post#59 » by Dobber-16 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:27 pm

REDDzone wrote: call twirl princess and he is yours for life.

Gold
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: all you guys bitching sound like fixed income grandmas at the grocery store.
Dobber-16
Assistant Coach
And1: 439

Post#60 » by Dobber-16 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:40 pm

bogut6 wrote:Hey guys,

Bogut just finished his live interview on 'Thursday Night Live' (Australian TV show). Thought I'd post it here to update those who didn't get a chance to see it.

The biggest thing that he said for the whole interview imo was that he tried shooting when he was in Europe but as a result he suffered a build up of fluid in his elbow, which I'm assuming isn't a good sign (maybe someone on here will have a better idea of what it means.)

Sounds like he is targeting the season opener as his return date, but he did say he'd prefer to wait it out and be on the safe side rather than playing the opener when not 100% and hitting a wall in December or whenever.

He mentioned the Gooden acquisiton and the Salmons re-signing in passing....no direct mention of Maggette or CDR or Brockton (Brockman).

Anyone wanting to watch the interview should be able to see it here after the next few hours:
http://ten.com.au/thursday-night-live.htm

Nice find. Now that national media here in the US has picked up on your post. You'll be more famous than Sigra!

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entr ... 4/23989050
Real GM's board of internet scour experts brings us a transcript of Bogut's television appearance in his native land of Australia. The interview, available here (but not in the US), tells us that Bogut was shooting while in Europe, but had fluid build up in his elbow and so had to go back to conditioning and weight training only. More concerning is this quote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: all you guys bitching sound like fixed income grandmas at the grocery store.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks