ImageImage

Rumor: Bogut/10 To T'Wolves For 2

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Re: Rumor: Bogut/10 To T'Wolves For 2 

Post#21 » by Fight the Tank » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:04 pm

[quote="paulpressey25". At the end of the day, as BNB offered up, #2/Peck/Wes for Bogut is fine with me. That is fair value IMO.[/quote]

I think if you get those two guys 10 would be included. Maybe 20 gets swung back are way just to confuse things further.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,954

Post#22 » by BUCKnation » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:04 pm

Throw in K love and its done. But in all seriousness, they would have to throw in Randolph, or wes johnson, and pekovic, along with another pick for me to do it for bogut. If it takes throwing in ersan to do it, id still do it.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#23 » by Jollay » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:05 pm

trwi7 wrote:
Jollay wrote:Blowing things up is not in the cards until at least next offseason, or the trading deadline.

Why? You're just delaying the inevitable while worsening your pick if you wait until the trade deadline or next offseason.

If you're set on a rebuild--that's plain logic. Our admin is not presently set on a rebuild.

If we screw the pooch first half next year I would hope/think? they would be then, though.

If Bogut is dealt, it very well could be for possible value this year. If it's in the vein of a rebuild (almost as unlikely as possible IMO) it SHOULD be for multiple picks later in a deeper draft, not #2, IMO.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,018

Post#24 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:06 pm

The #10 pick in a bad draft isn't enough of a reason to keep from a complete rebuild.

Hopefully a move like this would only be the first in a series of dumps.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#25 » by msiris » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:06 pm

Bogut for the 2nd is plenty. Otherwise forget it. They get a great defensive player and rebounder to pair up with Love. We would be taking the risk since how do we know how Williams will pan out. What happens if the CAVs take Williams? Are we stuck taking Irving? Then we dump BJ?
Ride the tank
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#26 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Bogutneedsball wrote:
I think if you get those two guys 10 would be included. Maybe 20 gets swung back are way just to confuse things further.

I'm not sure I'd do that deal if we had to include #10. If they want to lower the Wes Johnson piece and send us Flynn then, I could do #2/Peck/Flynn for Bogut even up. I don't want to include #10 if it meant Wes Johnson since I'd rather have Burks or Klay at #10 (or Biyombo)

I agree that I wouldn't want Kanter with pick #2. Derrick Williams all the way and don't look back. Hope he's James Worthy and not Marvin Williams.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
shaolin34
Senior
And1: 133

Post#27 » by shaolin34 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:08 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:At the end of the day, as BNB offered up, #2/Peck/Wes for Bogut is fine with me. That is fair value IMO.

It is fair value, I agree. But I think with Rubio coming over they rather trade Flynn+20 than Johnson, but that's just my opinion.

Then I'd trade Jennings/20 to Toronto for #5

Picks 2/5/10, Flynn and Pekovic. Major revamp.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#28 » by SkilesTheLimit » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:09 pm

I am pulling the trigger on this trade IF we do not have to include the 10th pick. A Bogut trade would take us back a few steps into a brief rebuild but in order to do it correctly you need to add more young talent and drop bad money.

So, if you keep 2 and 10, drop a Maggette/Salmons/Gooden, and can get a backup PG from Minny (Ridnour, Flynn, Telfair) you do it.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#29 » by emunney » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Comes down to how highly you value Williams.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#30 » by trwi7 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Darren Wolfson

It has been talked about, like many deals. Serious legs? Not sure yet. RT @Servais77 @DarrenWolfson Does the Bogut rumor have some legs?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#31 » by europa » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Please please please please please please say no to Johnny Flynn. I really don't want to see the Bucks downgrade the No. 3 PG position. That'd be pretty sad.

Bogut/10 for 2/20/Darko/Wes Johnson. I think the T'Wolves still win out but I'd do that. Darko is the starting C on a terrible team for a year and you hope Johnson begins to reach his potential with Williams and then see who you can snare at 20.
Nothing will not break me.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#32 » by trwi7 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

If this for sure signals a full rebuild from Kohl and Hammond I don't see how you don't pull the trigger. The Bucks would be God awful next year.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#33 » by Newz » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:11 pm

europa wrote:Please please please please please please say no to Johnny Flynn. I really don't want to see the Bucks downgrade the No. 3 PG position. That'd be pretty sad.

Bogut/10 for 2/20/Darko/Wes Johnson. I think the T'Wolves still win out but I'd do that. Darko is the starting C on a terrible team for a year and you hope Johnson begins to reach his potential with Williams and then see who you can snare at 20.

That's the trade I think would work best for both teams.

Williams, Jennings, Johnson, Ersan, Moute, Sanders.

That's a decent start to a rebuild.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#34 » by Fight the Tank » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:12 pm

emunney wrote:Comes down to how highly you value Williams.

I think the two of us are really high on Williams. I think he is going to be a great NBA scorer.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#35 » by msiris » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:13 pm

DrugBust wrote:The #10 pick in a bad draft isn't enough of a reason to keep from a complete rebuild.

Hopefully a move like this would only be the first in a series of dumps.
I would like to keep the 10th pick to start the rebuild this year. Bogut would provide the Wolves with something they can not get in the draft or anywhere else. Or they can keep the pick and spin their wheels with the log jam at PG or PF with whom they pick.
Ride the tank
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#36 » by Nowak008 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Does Min have a TPE?
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#37 » by europa » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Newz wrote:
europa wrote:Please please please please please please say no to Johnny Flynn. I really don't want to see the Bucks downgrade the No. 3 PG position. That'd be pretty sad.

I think so too. I proposed it several weeks ago and I think it's the best way to go for both teams if they are seriously talking about Bogut and the 2nd pick. The T'Wolves get by far the best player in the deal and keep a Top 10 pick. The Bucks hopefully get an impact player in Williams, a decent prospect at 20 and a highly-touted player from last year's draft who still has a lot of potential even if he wasn't all that good as a rookie. And Darko fills the starting C void. He's a massive downgrade obviously but the team is likely going to suck so it doesn't matter a whole lot.
Nothing will not break me.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#38 » by showtimesam » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Newz wrote:
showtimesam wrote:Bogut/Salmons/Ersan

for:

Darko/Ridnour/Wes Johnson/ pick number 2

That trade is horrible for Minnesota.

It's actually a great trade for Minnesota. If Bogut gets close to 100% Minnesota is much better with that lineup. Bogut is easily worth the number 2 pick in a weak draft and wes johnson (who hasn't proven anything yet). Plus Salmons helps them "win now" which they could with Bogut and Love in the front court.

Teams would love to get Bogut so we shouldn't minimize the value he has. He could legimately be the Defensive Player of the year next season if healthy to pair with the leagues best rebounder.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#39 » by emunney » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:16 pm

Darko is nothing but a bad contract. It would just be stupid to have him forced on us.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#40 » by SkilesTheLimit » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:16 pm

Newz wrote:

Williams, Jennings, Johnson, Ersan, Moute, Sanders.

That's a decent start to a rebuild.

I agree. And I think it'd be a signal to Bucks fans that management at least has a clear "plan" and direction for the team moving forward. That alone buys them a year or two of patience from most of us, I'd presume. And I know...we as Bucks fans have been patient enough...
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd

Return to Milwaukee Bucks