ImageImage

Andrew Bogut injury list 2005 - 2012

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Stopshere2
Head Coach
And1: 38

Andrew Bogut injury list 2005 - 2012 

Post#1 » by Stopshere2 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:04 am

Here is what I think is a complete list of Andrew's injuries, courtesy of the Bogut news feed on rotoworld.com.

I did this out of curiosity regarding the "always injured" Bogut as I'd lost track of just how many injuries he'd really had or whether I was just succumbing to the constant jibes being thrown around here.

It turns out that he's had plenty of problems that I'm guessing would be well above the norm for NBA players. It shows that he's had chronic ankle issues for 5 years and this latest injury where he landed on someone's foot is the third time it's happened.

Secondly, his back has been a worry for 3 years. Also, migraines popped up more than I expected (5 times) but he's only lost 2 full regular season games to them (had to leave 2 others).

Anyway, it is what it is and I leave it to you to determine if he's brittle, injury-prone and/or just unlucky. It is worth noting that he was an absolute warrior for his first 153 straight games before the niggles started to set in.

2005-06 (82 games + 5 playoffs)

Nov - suffered a broken nose when he took an elbow from Allen Iverson. Had surgery but no games missed.

2006-07 (66 games)

Oct - suffered a contusion on his lower left leg during a team scrimmage. Typicals of Bucks medical staff, it became a lower left leg sprain which was expected to sideline him for six to eight weeks, but he was okay to go at start of season.

Mar - after not missing a game in his first two seasons, he twisted his left ankle when he landed on Kwame Brown's foot.

Eventually out for season (16 games).

He'd played 153 games straight before the injury.

2007-08 (78 games )

Aug - missed the three-game Olympic qualifying series against New Zealand due to unspecified injury (likely still the ankle).

Oct - missed 1 game with flu-like symptoms.

Oct - underwent an MRI on his injured left wrist. No games missed.

Feb - had been playing with a hip injury, according to head coach Larry Krystkowiak. "[Bogut] has never been one to complain," Krystowiak said, "but he's got a pretty nasty little hip injury that slowed him down."

Mar - missed two straight games with a deep left thigh bruise

Mar - had successful surgery to repair his broken nose (courtesy of Marvin Williams). Only missed 1 game.

2008-09 (36 games)

Aug - left Australia's game against the USA after what appeared to be an aggravation of his right ankle injury which he hurt prior to Olympics. Underwent an MRI to determine the severity. "I think it's a ligament," Bogut said while limping into the locker room. "I stepped on Kobe’s foot and rolled it."

Oct - missed preseason game with a migraine.

Oct - sore left ankle so sat out practice. He twisted the ankle during one of the Bucks' games in China.

Nov - sidelined for a week after sustaining a bone bruise to his left knee.

Dec - left game with a migraine.

Dec - sat out Friday's practice to rest a sore right ankle.

Dec - revealed had been playing with a painful bad back (they thought it was strained).

Jan - missed a week with bad back.

Feb - announced Andrew Bogut is expected to miss at least eight weeks with an "incomplete lower back fracture." Out for season.

2009-10 (69 games)

Nov - missed practice with a leg contusion he suffered diving for a loose ball. An MRI revealed a left leg strain and contusion, an injury that forced him to miss almost the next 2 weeks.

Feb - left game with a migraine and did not return.

Mar - missed game due to a mid-back strain.

Apr - suffered a dislocated right elbow, sprained wrist and broken right hand in his terrible fall, ending his season.

2010-11 (65 games)

Nov - missed game due to migraine.

Nov - confirmed that he is merely sore following scary fall against the Lakers.

Nov - missed practice due to back spasms. Ultimately, missed 5 games.

Dec - sported a sizeable bump over his left eye following win over the Mavs. No games missed.

Dec - "jarred" his finger during game, "It's HUGE today. Killing me!" wrote Bogut. No games missed.

Jan - missed a game with a mysterious virus which seemed to just hang around.

Jan - now dealing with an upper back injury in addition to his illness. He missed practice after hurting his back while going for a rebound the previous game.

Jan - Bogut declined to reveal the results of his medical tests but said his "energy is not there." Bogut has some kind of viral infection that has plagued him for a month.

Feb - MRI on right knee after injuring it in loss to the Clippers. Missed a game.

Feb - left ribcage injury. Out 1 week.

Mar - missed a game due to a migraine.

Apr - spent four hours in hospital receiving IV fluids for mystery illness. No games missed.

2011-12 (12 games)

Dec - missed 2 practices with back tightness.

[Jan - not an injury but missed 4 games due to personal reasons]

Jan - missed 1 compulsory game due to concussion-like symptoms.

Jan - out for season with fractured left ankle.
Luckily, for the revenue department of the government, speed doesn't kill.
Captain Erv
General Manager
And1: 78

Re: Andrew Bogut injury list 2005 - 2012 

Post#2 » by Captain Erv » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:09 am

Pretty depressing read. Is he for sure out for the season or just your guess based upon Bogut + Bucks medical staff?
Stopshere2
Head Coach

Post#3 » by Stopshere2 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:15 am

Captain Erv wrote:Pretty depressing read. Is he for sure out for the season or just your guess based upon Bogut + Bucks medical staff?

Can't be certain but with his history of recurring left ankle injuries he'd be foolish to come back too soon. 6-8 weeks for it to knit, 4 weeks rehab, rusty and unfit - not likely to be worth it to come back.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#4 » by paul » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:24 am

Interesting read. Didn't Press have him missing 6 games a season with migraines?
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#5 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:28 am

Captain Erv wrote:Pretty depressing read. Is he for sure out for the season or just your guess based upon Bogut + Bucks medical staff?

He is out for the year so we wont be able to trade his ass just like Redd did to us 3 times!

Just when they were talking about trading him for Bynum he plays two games like Redd and is out for the year....its a Bucks hex. Plain and simple.

Everytime you get close to moving him or it is being discussed they get hurt. It happened to Redd 3 times. And it is always our so called best player...

And I told you he has been hurt every year and has NEVER PLAYED 20 striaght games or more in a row without getting hurt except his first two years when he was not any good anyways.

Now we will NEVER be able to trade him for anything of value so just move on him and lets go...We should have moved him when we had the chance. But no one listens...

Fine now look what we've got. Hammond should be fired tommorrow and bring someone in to clean up his mess. Hire a President of Operations over everyone including Steinmiller and completely wipe everyone out....from the organization and start over.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#6 » by blkout » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:29 am

He'd need to take a bullet in the face for Press to consider it a legit enough injury to not play lol
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Fight the Tank » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:31 am

Too bad. I will always wonder what his career would have looked like without that nasty fall. I will also wonder if we could have extracted value for him around draft time this year.

Now I feel the remainder of his career will be more about insurance money and countdown to the end of the contract a la Redd.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,424

Post#8 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:36 am

blkout wrote:He'd need to take a bullet in the face for Press to consider it a legit enough injury to not play lol

I'm thinking there is some sort of modified protective mask he could obtain for that situation. 8-)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#9 » by paul » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:39 am

blkout wrote:He'd need to take a bullet in the face for Press to consider it a legit enough injury to not play lol

"Sure he took a bullet in the face it's not like I'm insensitive to that, but it was only a 38 so it's not like it was a big bullet and what the hell was he doing standing there anyway? Plus what does he actually use his face for on the basketball court anyways, just to look pretty? There might be a cultural difference between the Aussies and us but Americans play with half a face all the time.
Face it, the guy is Len Bias part 2."
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,828

Post#10 » by AussieBuck » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:41 am

:D
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,835

Post#11 » by worthlessBucks » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:17 am

Go Bucks!
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,401

Post#12 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:09 am

worthlessBucks wrote:Image

John Hammond is the Michael Scott of GMs.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,816

Post#13 » by JayMKE » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:14 am

I blame Steve Blake for starting all of this.
FREE GIANNIS
Stopshere2
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Stopshere2 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:49 am

JayMKE wrote:I blame Steve Blake for starting all of this.

Yes, the rat is a worthy candidate for blame as he gave Bogut that first mobility injury in October 06. I know you're joking around but the real slide started with the Kwame Brown accident with his left ankle imo.

I'm assuming he had the usual rolled ankles in his junior years and I found one instance of him injuring his left ankle in college -

2 Nov 2003 - Bogut's left foot came down awkwardly on a Houston player's foot after Bogut tried to block a shot in the first quarter.

Those ankle injuries compound and can lead to chronic instability, and then to compensation injuries in knees and back. It 's not a big risk to say that Bogut's ankle issues could have contributed significantly to his back injuries although being 7' and hitting the deck from charges doesn't help either.

Just maybe, on one or two occasions, Bogut hadn't had enough rest time to repair the micro tears in the ankle ligaments and he was always an accident waiting to happen. I don't want to blame anyone for this but history is showing us that his ankle issues haven't been well-managed.
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#15 » by jax98 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:John Hammond is the Michael Scott of GMs.

Heh. Never heard that one before. Nice.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks