ImageImage

OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discussion

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#381 » by Newz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:22 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:I don't like Red Rock Saloon because I don't like country music, but the food is really good.

Everyone else keeps saying this to me...

I've been to Red Rock for their food three times now and it has been poop every time. Maybe I'm just unlucky. (More likely that you and everyone else just has **** taste in food though! ;) )
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#382 » by crkone » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:28 pm

Juneau Towers or Yankee Hill come to mind. They may be right at 1000 for a studiio/1 bedroom though. If you head down to Bayview or Walker's Point it may be cheaper. Gaslight Lofts are on the edge of downtown.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#383 » by Newz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:33 pm

I just moved out of a studio at Juneau Towers. Price went up to about $850 for a studio I believe and parking is anywhere from $75-$95. So that should fit in your price range.

One is open right now, my lease ends today! ;)
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,057

Post#384 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:34 pm

Newz wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:I don't like Red Rock Saloon because I don't like country music, but the food is really good.

I've been to Red Rock for their food three times now and it has been poop every time. Maybe I'm just unlucky. (More likely that you and everyone else just has **** taste in food though! ;) )

Reviews seemed mixed online, which is common I guess. But seems like people either love or hate it. I'm sure we'll have a good buzz going by the time we get there, so that will help make it taste better if bad.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#385 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:41 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:FWIW, Botanas is the best of those 3. La Fuente is definitely better than La Perla if you're deciding between the 2. And you'll be fine walking around that neighborhood on a Friday or Saturday night.

I don't like Red Rock Saloon because I don't like country music, but the food is really good.

I went to Red Rock a few weeks back.

I'm a big fan of the Outlaw (BBQ) and Totonka (hot) wings.

We got brisket & pork sliders as well.

All of it is really good.

Just not a huge fan of their ribs.

But the burger with a fried egg on it is pretty baller too.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#386 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Newz wrote:

I've been there about 4-5 times because a friend of a friend owns the place. I've had the wings, brisket, pulled pork sandwiches, mac and cheese, greens, and enjoyed everything. Two years ago, when it just opened, during the Packers Super Bowl run, we had the upstairs for our group of friends for the Atlanta game and then the NFC Championship game. Nice little area up there.
linguini8
Junior
And1: 47

Post#387 » by linguini8 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:49 pm

yoshii8 wrote:I'm taking my wife to Milwaukee on Saturday, we are staying at the Hyatt downtown. I'm looking for a restaraunt that is somewhat romantic, and vegetarian friendly within walking distance. What's your opinion on the Calderone Club, does that fit the description??

Bacchus.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,935

Post#388 » by humanrefutation » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:19 pm

Botanas is delicious. Guanajuato in Bay View is very good as well. La Perla is massively overrated.
crkone
RealGM

Post#389 » by crkone » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:00 pm

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
crkone
RealGM

Post#390 » by crkone » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:01 pm

Oh and my untappd user name is crkoceja FYI!

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#391 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:34 pm

By the way, just a recap on the above. We did end up going to Red Rock Saloon and everybody liked their grub. I wasn't starving at the time so opted for more appetizers but the burgers and wings looked really good. Everyone in our party ended up enjoying their meal.

We didn't go to any eateries in Walker's Point. We did the MKE Brewing Co. tour, wow just got hammered. Really never did a tour, just kept getting beers that are paid for with the tour price. If you want beer, go there. We went to a bar like across the street there kind of afterwards. It was okay, forgot the name, think its supposed to be like a punk rock bar.

Went to that Upper 90 before the game. It was pretty packed and alot smaller than I thought. Food was very good, but its a little more pricey for being a "sports bar/grill". Service wasn't prompt, but they were busy I guess. I don't think I'd go there for food before a game again.

Clearly the Brewers are a fan of Carnevor: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/198963061.html Majority of them put it as their favorite restaurant.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 379

Post#392 » by James1980 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:00 pm

I went to Fox and Hounds on Sunday for a birthday dinner. It was very good and buy one get one free. Most of us had surf and turf, some just had steak, and one had a dinner salad, all were buy one get one free. Desserts were bogo too.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
FireStreetlifeNow
Pro Prospect
And1: 113
Location: At a brewpub somewhere in SE Wisconsin or SW Michigan

Post#393 » by FireStreetlifeNow » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:50 pm

crkone wrote:http://draftmag.com/beerbracket/roundone/?ref=3081

Beer Bracket from DRAFT mag.

I wonder how they put that bracket together. Considering Draft is a National magazine, you'd think they'd put a few more beers on there that many people have had and perhaps seed it a little better as I picked against the top four seeds. Go Ten Fidy!
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#394 » by Ill-yasova » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:47 pm

FireStreetlifeNow wrote:
crkone wrote:http://draftmag.com/beerbracket/roundone/?ref=3081

Beer Bracket from DRAFT mag.

I wonder how they put that bracket together. Considering Draft is a National magazine, you'd think they'd put a few more beers on there that many people have had and perhaps seed it a little better as I picked against the top four seeds. Go Ten Fidy!

I thought some of those seeds were just ridiculous. KBS is a 20? BCBS is a 56? Dead Guy is a 6? That's some awful bracketing.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,863

Post#395 » by RiotPunch » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Ill, you should have been in charge of making that thing. I wouldn't trust anyone else.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#396 » by Ill-yasova » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:08 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Ill, you should have been in charge of making that thing. I wouldn't trust anyone else.

Admittedly there are more that a couple there I haven't tried but I just wish I knew how this thing was set up. According to how good the beer is, or how much of the beer is sold? I'd like to set up a Wisconsin beer only bracket just to see what some people's opinions on here are.
ReddWing
Banned User
And1: 808

Post#397 » by ReddWing » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:12 pm

N8Frog wrote:
Clearly the Brewers are a fan of Carnevor: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/198963061.html Majority of them put it as their favorite restaurant.

Another reason for Pittsburgh to hate Milwaukee now with Carlos hating on the city. :lol:
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,241

Post#398 » by KidA24 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:16 pm

You could get an almost perfect 32 brewery list from the Regional and Microbrewery list on wikipedia....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_breweries_in_Wisconsin

Now, picking the 1 beer from each brewery is another issue entirely...
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#399 » by jtrinaldi » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:21 pm

Cubanitas looks very good. I will have to try and make my way there once or twice this year.
Anyone have any good suggestions for Fon Du Lac/Oshkosh/Appleton other than the big Chain restaurants?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#400 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:43 pm

For those interested in Wisconsin breweries I highly recommend "Wisconsin's Best Beer Guide" by Kevin Revolinski (sp?). I'm into brewing beer, breweries, etc and my wife got that for me recently and it literally is a list of every brewery, brewpub in Wisconsin. And majority offer some perk if you get the book signed, like a free pint or buy 1, get 1. Its pretty cool and the 2nd edition just came out so its pretty updated.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks