crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Re: OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discussion 

Post#2041 » by crkone » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:09 pm

M-C-G wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
crkone wrote:http://onmilwaukee.com/dining/articles/bestofdining2015.html

Overall, this list is pretty spot on. Rice N Roll opened up right down the street from my condo and the sushi is the best I've had in Milwaukee. I've been to Movida twice and had two very nice experiences. Milwaukee was long overdue for an authentic paella place. Embarrassingly, I've never had an Oscar's burger. That needs to change soon. I also need to hit Company Brewing. Might sound blasphemous, but Cosmos Cafe in Tosa > Oakland Gyros and its not close. And just reading "Points East" made my mouth water at 8AM. Its been too long.

Looks like Tosa dining killed it....Leff's, Hollander, Rocket Baby, Hue and Blue Egg (might be Milwaukee but close enough)

:wizard: And Maxie's!

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#2042 » by M-C-G » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:12 pm

crkone wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
Overall, this list is pretty spot on. Rice N Roll opened up right down the street from my condo and the sushi is the best I've had in Milwaukee. I've been to Movida twice and had two very nice experiences. Milwaukee was long overdue for an authentic paella place. Embarrassingly, I've never had an Oscar's burger. That needs to change soon. I also need to hit Company Brewing. Might sound blasphemous, but Cosmos Cafe in Tosa > Oakland Gyros and its not close. And just reading "Points East" made my mouth water at 8AM. Its been too long.

Looks like Tosa dining killed it....Leff's, Hollander, Rocket Baby, Hue and Blue Egg (might be Milwaukee but close enough)

:wizard: And Maxie's!

Speaking of which, I am long overdue to get back there. Oddly enough could really go for that bologna sandwich, it was damn good.
crkone
RealGM

Post#2043 » by crkone » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:08 pm

Tosa's new restaurants in '16:

http://www.wauwatosanow.com/news/wrestaurant-roundup-what-to-expect-in-wauwatosa-in-2016-b99641285z1-363834011.html

Thai-Namite
Three new Bartolotta Restaurants include a French cafe, taqueria and tavern-style options at the Mayfair Collection.
And possibly a Screaming Tuna near the Medical College

Fish Cheeks
Benji's Deli
Wauwatiki

The last 3 of those on North Ave between 73rd and 60th, and Thai-Namite near 87th. North Ave now will have those plus Il Mito, Tall Guy and a Grill, Juniper 61, Red Dot, Rocket Baby, Cranky Al's, Hue, Cosmos Café, North Ave Grill, Ono Kine Grindz, Irie Zulu, Bel Air, Cafe Blue, and old standby Walters.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,236

Post#2044 » by KidA24 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:37 pm

My personal current favorite thing to do in Tosa:

Order Pizza from Lallis (Cash only), walk over to Ray's growler gallery. Have a beer. Pick up pizza, walk back to Ray's, have another beer with said pizza.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
crkone
RealGM

Post#2045 » by crkone » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:32 am

KidA24 wrote:My personal current favorite thing to do in Tosa:

Order Pizza from Lallis (Cash only), walk over to Ray's growler gallery. Have a beer. Pick up pizza, walk back to Ray's, have another beer with said pizza.

Lol, yesterday.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Milwaukee Bucks