And1: 14,863

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#61 » by RiotPunch » Fri Apr 6, 2012 3:17 am

Newz wrote:Also, Points East Pub = Best Wings in Milwaukee

Zayna's wings says, "Hey, you just wait one garsh darn minute."

DocHoliday wrote:http://www.theeateryonfarwell.com/
The Eatery on Farwell, best Bloody's taste/value wise

Lived across the street when they opened! :rock:
They have delicious free shots during Packer games too when we score...

Also, Maria's pizza is fantastic.

If you want a good take and bake pizza in Madison, check out Rosatti's. Absolutely delicious. Best burger and curds is still and will always be at the Blue Moon on old University.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
DaveMeyers
Pro Prospect
And1: 34

Post#62 » by DaveMeyers » Fri Apr 6, 2012 3:47 am

As you guys posted before, Comet Cafe is my favorite in Milwaukee. I also enjoy Cempazuchi on Brady for some really great authentic Mexican. AJ Bombers, Blue's Egg, Water Street Brewery, and Milwaukee Ale House are among my other favorites. Has anyone tried Honeypie, Comet's sibling cafe?
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#63 » by RiotPunch » Fri Apr 6, 2012 3:48 am

DaveMeyers wrote:As you guys posted before, Comet Cafe is my favorite in Milwaukee. I also enjoy Cempazuchi on Brady for some really great authentic Mexican. AJ Bombers, Blue's Egg, Water Street Brewery, and Milwaukee Ale House are among my other favorites. Has anyone tried Honeypie, Comet's sibling cafe?

You have fine taste, sir. Love Comet and Honeypie. Both have such great food and equally cool atmospheres.
#FreeChuckDiesel
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#64 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Apr 6, 2012 3:56 am

Lisa's and Oakland Gyros were staples for me at UWM. Good God, good stuff.

And I have a love affair with Honeypie. Barbeque pork ON FRIES?!?! GET OUT OF THE WAY, GRANDMA!!!
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#65 » by RiotPunch » Fri Apr 6, 2012 3:58 am

Yeah, Lisa's is great as well. Some of the best thin crust pizza on the East Side.
#FreeChuckDiesel
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#66 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Apr 6, 2012 4:00 am

And we can all admit, alcohol has fueled for more than one call to Pizza Shuttle.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#67 » by RiotPunch » Fri Apr 6, 2012 4:10 am

WEFFPIM wrote:And we can all admit, alcohol has fueled for more than one call to Pizza Shuttle.

It's true. :( Not proud of it. That's normally when ordering Zayna's wings happened too.

Alcohol has also fueled many hungover early afternoon meals at William Ho's. (in the dorm days) Something about a Chinese buffet always did the trick to cease the splitting headaches.
#FreeChuckDiesel
skitch815
Starter
And1: 59

Post#68 » by skitch815 » Fri Apr 6, 2012 6:28 am

WEFFPIM wrote:And we can all admit, alcohol has fueled for more than one call to Pizza Shuttle.

When I was a freshman at Marquette they had $1.50 breadsticks on Mondays. There was like a $10 minimum for delivery so someone on my floor would go around and take orders for breadsticks. At like 10pm the Pizza Shuttle car would pull up in front of O'Donnell hall with like 25 orders of breadsticks. They were the best thing I've ever eaten. They weren't actually breadsticks, what I think they were were chunks of pizza dough deep fried and then tossed in a garlic/oregano/parmesan/butter mixture with a side of pizza sauce.

As for my favorite food in Milwaukee, the one place I tend to go every time I am there is Oscars on Pierce. In my mind the best burger in Milwaukee.

http://www.oscarsonpierce.com/oscars_burgers.html
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#69 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Apr 6, 2012 11:25 am

Ill-yasova wrote:Balistreri's Pizza in Tosa is the best pizza I've ever had in the Milwaukee area. Anybody else ever tried it?

Barbiere's in Tosa (on Bluemound) is my favorite pizza of all time. Zaffiro's on Farwell is #2 in the city for me.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#70 » by Newz » Fri Apr 6, 2012 1:51 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:Best tacos I've ever had in my life ($1.75 a piece) and the bonus is that the place looks like a crappy little hole in the wall from outside. Stop here if you're ever in Madison.
http://www.lataqueriaguadalajara.com/
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/214/1347998/restaurant/Taqueria-Guadalajara-Madison

Hey, I have actually been to this place. That's kind of random.

It was pretty damn good. :D
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#71 » by Newz » Fri Apr 6, 2012 1:53 pm

RiotPunch wrote:

Have you ever had the wings from PEB?

I have had both and I don't think it's remotely close. :D
yoshii8
Sixth Man
And1: 276

Post#72 » by yoshii8 » Fri Apr 6, 2012 5:09 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:Balistreri's Pizza in Tosa is the best pizza I've ever had in the Milwaukee area. Anybody else ever tried it?

Barbiere's in Tosa (on Bluemound) is my favorite pizza of all time. Zaffiro's on Farwell is #2 in the city for me.

Barbiere's is amazing, it's been my family's favorite restaurant since I can remember. Delicous pizza, and the lasagna is so good. Also, if you like butter, their garlic bread is very good. They also have a restaraunt in South Milwaukee now.

I live in Madison now, and really miss going there.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#73 » by El Duderino » Fri Apr 6, 2012 8:37 pm

yoshii8 wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

Barbiere's is amazing, it's been my family's favorite restaurant since I can remember. Delicous pizza, and the lasagna is so good. Also, if you like butter, their garlic bread is very good. They also have a restaraunt in South Milwaukee now.

I live in Madison now, and really miss going there.

The best garlic bread on the planet is at Mama Mia's on 85th and Greenfield
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#74 » by smauss » Fri Apr 6, 2012 11:04 pm

When my daughter went to WLC we'd stop there. Really liked the quaint, dim-lit atmosphere as well.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#75 » by RiotPunch » Sat Apr 7, 2012 12:23 am

Newz wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

Have you ever had the wings from PEB?

I have had both and I don't think it's remotely close. :D

Believe it or not I have not. Some buddies of mine talk about it all the time, and I was actually supposed to check them out last time I was in Milwaukee (I live in Madison now), but it didn't work out. All I know is that I was never a wing guy until I had Zayna's, and now I crave for it regularly.

I'm sure Point's East is great, I just wanted to chime in and represent Zayna's. Since you have had both I guess there is no need though. :D
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#76 » by Ill-yasova » Sun Apr 8, 2012 2:43 am

Title said this is a food thread so I'm posting my project for the night.
http://gizmodo.com/brandied-grapefruit/
Perfect for Wisconsin and I'm excited to try it. 20 more minutes to go.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,056

Post#77 » by Thunder Muscle » Sun Apr 8, 2012 7:53 pm

When at Marquette I loved Real Chili, George Webb, and Louie D's. I believe the latter 2 are no longer there, well I know Louie D's isn't. Marquette Gyro was good, but only at bar close. I never ate there during the day. :)

But I'm also from the GB area like one other and my wife & I usually do a half dozen Milwaukee trips a year. When we're by the airport we really like the pizza from Trattoria or something like that. I believe its in Oak Creek.

When downtown we really enjoy the italian restaurant The Calderon Club, its right next to the Hyatt. Always very good food, atmosphere, and reasonable. Goolsby's is decent before BC games. We always get Pizza Shuttle late at night after we get back from the game and/or bars. Love their Chicago Chewy crust. We tried the Water Buffalo in the 3rd Ward last year, it was good but not worth making a special trip for. My buddy really likes Potbelly's downtown, I think its a chain but there aren't many other in the State I don't believe.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,117

Post#78 » by LittleRooster » Sun Apr 8, 2012 8:23 pm

Honeypie and Comet are both fantastic. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Conejitos. I think they have pretty good food and it's really cheap.

For some of the best thai food I've had is on 91st and Brown Deer at a place called Thai Bangkok. They had a sister resteraunt in Thiensvile that closed so I go out to the one on 91st. EE Sane's is wonderful on Farewell, as well.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#79 » by showtimesam » Mon Apr 9, 2012 12:11 am

Here is my personal list of favorites (I love everything from Dives to the pricey joints):
Best Steak: 5 O'clock Steakhouse
Best Seafood/ Place to try something new/best beer: Hinterland Gastropub
Best Mexican: Cempazuchi
Best Burger: Oscars Pub and Grill (opened by former soblemans cook and better in every way)
Best Pizza: Zaffiros
Best Fish Fry: Fritz's Pub
Best Greek: Apollo Cafe
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#80 » by chuckleslove » Mon Apr 9, 2012 2:17 am

Personal list.

Burger: Sobleman's, runner up to AJ Bombers and Kopps.
Pizza: Balestreri's, runner up to Caradaro Club, I need to try Zaffiro's still because they look amazing.
Chinese: Silver Dragon

I do more of my own cooking over eating out so don't have as much to add as some other people :P
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page

Return to Milwaukee Bucks