ImageImage

OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discussion

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discuss 

Post#1461 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:47 pm

skitch815 wrote:Has anyone tried Wings Over Milwaukee on Brady? I know there's one in Madison too.

I had them once so far.

Solid, but unspectacular wings....I always go back after a place has been open awhile. They were crazy busy when I was in. The wings are pretty big, sauce is good and it's hard to mess up fries.

I'd give them a B based off my one experience so far.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#1462 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:21 pm

What are the favorite wing places (local or chain) here? For me, as long as the wings aren't like mushy I'm not that pick with them. Generally speaking the sauce (or rub) is going to be personal preference, not so much how the wings are made. I guess I tend to go boneless though for convenience. I know, I know it is just a glorified chicken nugget, but goddamit I like it! :)
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#1463 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:00 pm

Again, Points East Pub has the best wings in town. I like Steny's at #2.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#1464 » by midranger » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:05 pm

Walked right by Steny's last night on my way to The Noble. I think I saw a banner advertising 50 cent wings on Wednesday. Is that well worth it?

First time at The Noble, and it was great. Highly recommend for a date night.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1465 » by crkone » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:10 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:Again, Points East Pub has the best wings in town. I like Steny's at #2.

Club Garabaldi too. But yeah Point's East and Steny's are fantastic.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#1466 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:38 pm

So what are you guys doing tomorrow? You're probably just going to hang out in the going to hang out at the Lagunitas Taproom in Chicago and then make your way over to 3 Floyds in Munster to finish out the night, right? Wait, no, THAT'S ME!!!! Have fun at work tomorrow!!!!

/pops collar, hops in Transam and does a huge burnout out of parking lot/
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#1467 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:55 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:What are the favorite wing places (local or chain) here? For me, as long as the wings aren't like mushy I'm not that pick with them. Generally speaking the sauce (or rub) is going to be personal preference, not so much how the wings are made. I guess I tend to go boneless though for convenience. I know, I know it is just a glorified chicken nugget, but goddamit I like it! :)

1. Major Goolsby's and nothing else really comes close.

Points East & Garibaldi are awesome, but it's a different (non traditional) style of wing.

For a good buffalo wing with phenomenal sauce and crispy skin go to Major Goolby's.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#1468 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:57 pm

midranger wrote:Walked right by Steny's last night on my way to The Noble. I think I saw a banner advertising 50 cent wings on Wednesday. Is that well worth it?

I've only had brunch at The Noble and it was amazing. What would you recommend for dinner?
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#1469 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:So what are you guys doing tomorrow? You're probably just going to hang out in the going to hang out at the Lagunitas Taproom in Chicago and then make your way over to 3 Floyds in Munster to finish out the night, right? Wait, no, THAT'S ME!!!! Have fun at work tomorrow!!!!

:lol:

That sounds awesome. Enjoy.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#1470 » by Newz » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:41 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:Again, Points East Pub has the best wings in town. I like Steny's at #2.

Yeah. When people try to tell me Point's East Pub doesn't have the best wings in Milwaukee... I pretty much instantly lose respect for their opinion when it comes to food. :P
Down To Buck
Senior
And1: 306

Post#1471 » by Down To Buck » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:56 pm

skitch815 wrote:Has anyone tried Wings Over Milwaukee on Brady? I know there's one in Madison too.

I really like the one in Madison, good sized wings with good sauces (their lowest level buffalo sauce is already spicy enough for me), and their boneless wings are good also. Way better than BW3. Just don't get the ribs. In fact, stay away from all non-fried items on their menu. Only sadness awaits. :cry:
Check out my NBA Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/user/DownToBuck
UWNick
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#1472 » by UWNick » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:16 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
midranger wrote:Walked right by Steny's last night on my way to The Noble. I think I saw a banner advertising 50 cent wings on Wednesday. Is that well worth it?

I've only had brunch at The Noble and it was amazing. What would you recommend for dinner?

We go to the noble a lot! Love that place. Hard to recommend anything specific because they change their menu everyday. The items usually fall into categories.

Hunter = Steak/Beef
Gatherer = Vegetarian
Middle of the Road = Lamb, or other stuff, sort of a catch all
Catch of the Day = Seafood

There's a new one too that's supposed to be always some cut of pork

I've never had a bad "hunter" there, we like their trio of spreads app. too. Those also rotate, but sort of less frequently.
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,250

Post#1473 » by The Wet Whistle » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:24 pm

http://www.nba.com/bucks/release/bucks-bar-network-launch-milwaukee

The Milwaukee Bucks today announced the formation of the first-ever Bucks Bar Network, a collection of neighborhood bars and restaurants throughout Southeastern Wisconsin that will serve as official gathering spots for Bucks fans this season. Each bar in the network will serve as a go-to spot for watching Bucks game broadcasts on FOX Sports Wisconsin, and all network bars will be decked out in Bucks decorations to let everyone in the neighborhood know where Bucks fans will be on game night.

The Bucks Bar Network will officially tip off on Wednesday, Oct. 29, when the Bucks open the 2014-15 season with a road matchup against the Charlotte Hornets. Network member Jackson’s Blue Ribbon Pub (1023 N. 10th St.) will host the first official Bucks Viewing Party that night, where fans will be treated to great drink specials and appearances by the Milwaukee Bucks Dancers and other Bucks performance groups. Fans will also have the chance to win great Bucks prizes including tickets to the Oct. 31 Home Opener vs. Philadelphia.

“The new foundation for the future of the Milwaukee Bucks looks promising with the new ownership and young stars,” said Mark Zierath, Operating Partner of Jackson’s Blue Ribbon Pub. “As a fan of the Bucks, I’m excited to be a part of the Bucks Bar Network. I get to still be a fan while participating as a business owner, too. I think it’s great that the team is reaching out to include local businesses as part of their efforts.”

As part of the Opening Night festivities on Oct. 29, patrons at any Bucks Bar Network location will be encouraged to post their location on social media using the #BucksBars hashtag. One lucky fan to do so will be randomly selected to receive $250 from the team to cover their tab for the night.

While every bar in the network will be a gathering spot for Bucks fans, one bar will be highlighted during every Bucks road telecast this season as that night’s bar of the game. Additionally, Bucks MVP season subscribers will be rewarded with special discounts off of food and drinks at any bar network location.

Local bars interested in joining the Bucks Bar Network should reach out to Mollie Cowen (barnetwork@bucks.com), though with 25 locations already on board, space is running out. A complete list of Bucks Bar Network locations is attached. For more information, log on to Bucks.com/bars.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#1474 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:55 pm

I am stunned to see the Bucks actually doing things correctly. It's strange and exciting.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#1475 » by midranger » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:56 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:

As stated, the menu rotates. Baked brie app was really good. They had a curry coconut squash soup that was the best soup I've had in life. Entree portion was great. Nice atmosphere. Tiny place.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,009

Post#1476 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:07 pm

The Wet Whistle wrote:http://www.nba.com/bucks/release/bucks-bar-network-launch-milwaukee

The Milwaukee Bucks today announced the formation of the first-ever Bucks Bar Network, a collection of neighborhood bars and restaurants throughout Southeastern Wisconsin that will serve as official gathering spots for Bucks fans this season. Each bar in the network will serve as a go-to spot for watching Bucks game broadcasts on FOX Sports Wisconsin, and all network bars will be decked out in Bucks decorations to let everyone in the neighborhood know where Bucks fans will be on game night.

The Bucks Bar Network will officially tip off on Wednesday, Oct. 29, when the Bucks open the 2014-15 season with a road matchup against the Charlotte Hornets. Network member Jackson’s Blue Ribbon Pub (1023 N. 10th St.) will host the first official Bucks Viewing Party that night, where fans will be treated to great drink specials and appearances by the Milwaukee Bucks Dancers and other Bucks performance groups. Fans will also have the chance to win great Bucks prizes including tickets to the Oct. 31 Home Opener vs. Philadelphia.

“The new foundation for the future of the Milwaukee Bucks looks promising with the new ownership and young stars,” said Mark Zierath, Operating Partner of Jackson’s Blue Ribbon Pub. “As a fan of the Bucks, I’m excited to be a part of the Bucks Bar Network. I get to still be a fan while participating as a business owner, too. I think it’s great that the team is reaching out to include local businesses as part of their efforts.”

As part of the Opening Night festivities on Oct. 29, patrons at any Bucks Bar Network location will be encouraged to post their location on social media using the #BucksBars hashtag. One lucky fan to do so will be randomly selected to receive $250 from the team to cover their tab for the night.

While every bar in the network will be a gathering spot for Bucks fans, one bar will be highlighted during every Bucks road telecast this season as that night’s bar of the game. Additionally, Bucks MVP season subscribers will be rewarded with special discounts off of food and drinks at any bar network location.

Local bars interested in joining the Bucks Bar Network should reach out to Mollie Cowen (barnetwork@bucks.com), though with 25 locations already on board, space is running out. A complete list of Bucks Bar Network locations is attached. For more information, log on to Bucks.com/bars.

Great idea. Having bars that show the Bucks nightly is a great idea even if noone shows up. I remember last year i was at the bar in March and asked for the Bucks game to be turned on. The bartender laughed and said I was the first one to request it all year. He never did turn on the game. We just need people to get in the habit of following the Bucks just like people follow the Brewers.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#1477 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:11 pm

The Wet Whistle wrote:http://www.nba.com/bucks/release/bucks-bar-network-launch-milwaukee

Ill-yasova wrote:I am stunned to see the Bucks actually doing things correctly. It's strange and exciting.

A very strange feeling indeed. But a "Bucks Bar Network" is fantastic. This is something so small and simple but very much needed to generate interest. I love it. Everything is changing for the better.
FireStreetlifeNow
Pro Prospect
And1: 113
Location: At a brewpub somewhere in SE Wisconsin or SW Michigan

Post#1478 » by FireStreetlifeNow » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:So what are you guys doing tomorrow? You're probably just going to hang out in the going to hang out at the Lagunitas Taproom in Chicago and then make your way over to 3 Floyds in Munster to finish out the night, right? Wait, no, THAT'S ME!!!! Have fun at work tomorrow!!!!

Feel free to drop off a case of Fantasy Factory at my place on the way down and some brewery only FFF on the way back.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#1479 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:23 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

Great idea. Having bars that show the Bucks nightly is a great idea even if noone shows up. I remember last year i was at the bar in March and asked for the Bucks game to be turned on. The bartender laughed and said I was the first one to request it all year. He never did turn on the game. We just need people to get in the habit of following the Bucks just like people follow the Brewers.

That's all it takes sometimes. Have a game on, they happen to play well, and after the initial wisecracks they maybe think 'hey these guys aren't too bad' and tune in again or decide to go to a game. A buddy of mine last year just happened to go to a game with me, first one in years, and enjoyed it --- this year he bought like 4-5 games from me. Sometimes its just starting with little things.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#1480 » by stellation » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:26 pm

Strangely enough, I got about halfway through writing a post a week or so ago when folks were throwing out different ideas the Bucks could use to engage with people that was basically exactly this! My AFL team (Go Swans!) does this, flagged as "Swans friendly pubs" and they work to ensure their games are shown and people can check to see if there's a pub near them showing it. They even go to the level of working with the pubs, and if the game was say not on the big screen or the sound wasn't up enough to hear etc. people can report that to the club who will then liaise with the pub to try to work through it.

Some of the places have basically become a Swans shrine on gamedays, I was really surprised- it's worked really well to keep existing fans connected (for away games etc.) and also to attract new fans as well. I think it's a great idea for the Bucks to do it.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks