ImageImage

OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discussion

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,250

Re: OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discuss 

Post#1481 » by The Wet Whistle » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:28 pm

There's a team out there called the Swans?!?!
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#1482 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:13 pm

FireStreetlifeNow wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:So what are you guys doing tomorrow? You're probably just going to hang out in the going to hang out at the Lagunitas Taproom in Chicago and then make your way over to 3 Floyds in Munster to finish out the night, right? Wait, no, THAT'S ME!!!! Have fun at work tomorrow!!!!

/pops collar, hops in Transam and does a huge burnout out of parking lot/

Feel free to drop off a case of Fantasy Factory at my place on the way down and some brewery only FFF on the way back.

I wonder if there is still even a full case of Fantasy Factory available anywhere? As far as FFF goes, just quit your job and meet us there! :P
FireStreetlifeNow
Pro Prospect
And1: 113
Location: At a brewpub somewhere in SE Wisconsin or SW Michigan

Post#1483 » by FireStreetlifeNow » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:11 am

Ill-yasova wrote:
FireStreetlifeNow wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:So what are you guys doing tomorrow? You're probably just going to hang out in the going to hang out at the Lagunitas Taproom in Chicago and then make your way over to 3 Floyds in Munster to finish out the night, right? Wait, no, THAT'S ME!!!! Have fun at work tomorrow!!!!

/pops collar, hops in Transam and does a huge burnout out of parking lot/

Feel free to drop off a case of Fantasy Factory at my place on the way down and some brewery only FFF on the way back.

I wonder if there is still even a full case of Fantasy Factory available anywhere? As far as FFF goes, just quit your job and meet us there! :P

Fantasy Factory sold that quickly? Damn I was thinking of heading that way this weekend to pick some up.
Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#1484 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:30 am

FireStreetlifeNow wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:
FireStreetlifeNow wrote:

Fantasy Factory sold that quickly? Damn I was thinking of heading that way this weekend to pick some up.

Mehan's by East Town Mall had some today. It's a hole in the wall so nobody even looked there and they basically have their whole stock. I went to two places in Sun Prairie and they had both sold out in hours. I may have gotten one of the last ones in Madison.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#1485 » by stellation » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:03 am

The Wet Whistle wrote:There's a team out there called the Swans?!?!

Oooooooooooooooooonly the greatest sporting team on earth!!!!!
#FreeChuckDiesel
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#1486 » by Badgerlander » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:39 pm

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/entertain ... 78052.html

Large beer garden planned for Germantown

The owner of Old Town Inn and Von Rothenburg Bier Stube on Main St. in Germantown is planning an elaborate beer garden behind the businesses that would include a clock tower, pavilion, children's play area and more.

Chaz Hastings, who also owns the Milwaukee Harley-Davidson dealership and other pubs including Tally Ho in Erin, envisions the million-dollar project on 5 acres as a destination for visitors.

"We hope to draw from all over," besides offering a gathering place for the community, he said.

Germantown Village President Dean Wolter said the project could be the impetus for planning Main St.'s development and could lay the groundwork for Germantown's downtown as a summerlong destination, much like Cedarburg's.

The project is inspired by Munich's Hofbräuhaus biergarten, Hastings said, and its primary beer would be Hofbräu, the German lager. Besides the pavilion and clock tower, the project calls for a tavern and a brat house where customers could buy drink and food to consume at picnic tables.

The beer garden would have a play area for children and a vegetable garden for Old Town Inn's kitchen, and it would have its own restrooms and parking for 160 cars or more.

Besides celebrations like Oktoberfest and Maifest, the pavilion area could be the site for activities such as a weekly farmers market, vintage car shows and a version of Milwaukee's Jazz in the Park -- maybe Polka in the Park, Hastings said. It would have a human glockenspiel for special events, and could be rented for private gatherings, such as weddings.

A fence around the 5 acres would largely be hidden by trees, Hastings said. The majority of the parcel, about 3.5 acres, would remain park-like green space, according to project plans.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#1487 » by Buck You » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:29 pm

Nick's House(y not 3) is cool, not overly impressed with bar rescue's work there but the upstairs is pretty cool.
Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#1488 » by Ill-yasova » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:27 pm

Quick Report of the Beercation:

The Good
-Lagunitas in Chicago was amazing. Great tour with quite a bit of tastings, but saying those guys enjoy weed is an understatement.
-Tipping back beers and playing Bocce Ball at the Greenbush outdoor Annex was a highlight of the trip.
-Brewery Vivant. Drank a 14.2% beer called The Cheetah. Lived.
- Founders had a great outdoor setup and with some fantastic specialties on tap and delicious food. Great place to spend the better part of an evening and night.
- Bell's also had a great outdoor beer garden area which was very relaxing and their food was pretty damn good despite taking forever.

The Bad
-3 Floyds. Yikes, no bar, no outside seating, and a 45 minute wait for a table with no beer. The lack of having an actual bar in the brewery meant that everybody was just sitting around at tables with no real interaction. The beer was good, but it was one of the worst brewery experiences I've ever had.
- Some place in Grand Rapids call "The Woods". Douchey bros dancing with 21 year old girls to Nicky Minaj songs on repeat. We left quickly.
- The BOB was more of a mixed review. They had the worst dueling piano players in the history of the world on the second floor so that was a bummer. The first floor bar completely shut down by midnight on a Friday too. Beer selection was decent though and the atmosphere was good until everybody emptied out,
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#1489 » by RiotPunch » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:37 pm

Buck You wrote:Nick's House(y not 3) is cool, not overly impressed with bar rescue's work there but the upstairs is pretty cool.

Yeah, it's pretty chill upstairs. Also glad the James T. Kirk picture survived the makeover.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1490 » by WRau1 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 3:40 pm

Pho King at 11112 W. National Ave in West Allis is pretty good. I've never been to an actual Pho restaurant before but I really liked this place. The Pork Spring Rolls w/ peanut sauce were also very good. The staff was very nice and you get your food ultra quick. Much recommend.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#1491 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Nov 4, 2014 8:22 pm

I don't know why but my go to "domestic" lately has been MGD. I know it is blasphemy to drink a BMC beer, but its been hitting the spot. Usually Miller Lite is my go, but MGD has been it. Its a little smoother than Budweiser I feel. I like High Life, but after a couple I feel like I've ate a 2# steak as get just full and bloated. I like Coors Banquet and Point, but I don't know, just been a MGD kick when not in a craft beer mood.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,459

Post#1492 » by Matches Malone » Wed Nov 5, 2014 6:55 pm

Are any of you familiar with coffee machines?

I'm looking into getting my girlfriend one for Christmas.

What I'm looking for is one that can do single cup pods but also make a pot of coffee. Also I'd like it to be able to accept all coffee pods (Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Kreme) and not just k-cups like Keurig does. Is there such a maker out there like this?

Thanks
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1493 » by crkone » Wed Nov 5, 2014 6:58 pm

The aeropress has changed my life. I'm sorry that doesn't help you, just need to thank this board for the suggestion.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,940

Post#1494 » by humanrefutation » Wed Nov 5, 2014 7:03 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Are any of you familiar with coffee machines?

What I'm looking for is one that can do single cup pods but also make a pot of coffee. Also I'd like it to be able to accept all coffee pods (Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Kreme) and not just k-cups like Keurig does. Is there such a maker out there like this?

Thanks

I thought you could use any type of pod in a Keurig?

Anyway, I can't help you on the pods. The Aeropress is excellent, and I particularly like my french press.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,459

Post#1495 » by Matches Malone » Wed Nov 5, 2014 9:05 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I thought you could use any type of pod in a Keurig?

I guess Keurig is making their coffee makers only compatible with other Keurig licensed pods. There is some sort of design where the newer coffee makers won't allow you to put in a different brand pod.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#1496 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Nov 5, 2014 9:52 pm

humanrefutation wrote:

Thanks

I thought you could use any type of pod in a Keurig?

Anyway, I can't help you on the pods. The Aeropress is excellent, and I particularly like my french press.

My Aeropress is fantastic for both coffee and beer :D but it can be a little labor intensive when you are in a hurry.
Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#1497 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Nov 5, 2014 9:53 pm

crkone wrote:The aeropress has changed my life. I'm sorry that doesn't help you, just need to thank this board for the suggestion.

Unless you press coffee into your stouts and porters, your life has not been changed enough. Black Boss Porter pressed with a medium roast coffee is like heaven.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#1498 » by Badgerlander » Wed Nov 5, 2014 10:17 pm

Thanks

If you are going to marry her get her a Gaggia Platinum, otherwise I have a keurig sitting in my basement that you can have for free

Spoiler:

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,940

Post#1499 » by humanrefutation » Wed Nov 5, 2014 10:46 pm

DocHoliday wrote:

Thanks

If you are going to marry her get her a Gaggia Platinum, otherwise I have a keurig sitting in my basement that you can have for free

And have $800. Holy ****.

It does look like a high quality espresso maker, but damn. I don't think I like coffee THAT much.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#1500 » by Badgerlander » Wed Nov 5, 2014 11:28 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:

Thanks

And have $800. Holy ****.

It does look like a high quality espresso maker, but damn. I don't think I like coffee THAT much.

Just add beans and water, no filters, and it grinds the beans as it makes a cup. An Aussie Colonel that I worked with in Afghanistan had one and it was awesome. I just have a basic coffee maker but I grind the beans fresh and better beans make a better cup. Keurigs are junk and the cups are expensive.

Spoiler:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks