ImageImage

OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discussion

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#281 » by KidA24 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:42 am

SpursNBucks wrote:The places I probably miss the most our Zifaro's Pizza on Farwell and Copps Burgers. Landmark Bowl was a good grunge hangout where you could play pool, bowl, and drink cheap- the only problem was it was reaching new stink levels when I left. There was a very cool bar that I liked it was a few blocks off Brady - kind of in a residential area- had shuffleboard and pool- just a nice laid back atmosphere.

That would be Thurman's, I believe. Also, Landmark is much, much more tolerable since the smoking ban went into effect.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#282 » by Garbs_7 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:56 am

Meaning to post this for a while but Ian's Pizza near Scooter's bar (I think) in Milwaukee was awesome when I was there. Delicious slice of pizza.

Smokey's a Bandit I believe it was called was legit.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#283 » by RiotPunch » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:11 am

Garbs_7 wrote:Meaning to post this for a while but Ian's Pizza near Scooter's bar (I think) in Milwaukee was awesome when I was there. Delicious slice of pizza.

Smokey's a Bandit I believe it was called was legit.

Ian's is a glorious pizza chain that started in Madison. I met the father of "Ian" not too long ago. Delicious drunk food. :)
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#284 » by crkone » Tue Jan 1, 2013 6:43 pm

too big

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
crkone
RealGM

Post#285 » by crkone » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Anyone notice any Hopslam in yet? Rays in Tosa said they may get some in next week.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#286 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:29 pm

crkone wrote:Anyone notice any Hopslam in yet? Rays in Tosa said they may get some in next week.

I was at Woodmans yesterday and didn't see any, but I'm keeping an eye out. Also for all of the IPA lovers out there, you're gonna want to stop out and pick this up...
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/74986
Possibly the best IPA on the market and sporting a 98 on BA and a 99 on Rate Beer. Limited Release so hurry, hurry!
EzeDoesIt
Junior
And1: 10

Post#287 » by EzeDoesIt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm

The KK strip in Bay View has a lot of good restaurants; Sven's, Hi Fi Cafe, Honeypie, Hue, etc. Then further north you have Cafe Lulu's and all that.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#288 » by Buck You » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:14 pm

mattg wrote:
Buck You wrote:What are your guys' opinions on the best and worst bars you have been to in the milwaukee area?

For me:
Best: Bad Genie
Worst: Annies Place

Annie's place in Hales Corners haha?

Yes, terribad.
crkone
RealGM

Post#289 » by crkone » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:06 pm

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/lifestyle/186519761.html

Sprecher has a "hard" root beer. I don't know about that one...

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
crkone
RealGM

Post#290 » by crkone » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:13 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:
crkone wrote:Anyone notice any Hopslam in yet? Rays in Tosa said they may get some in next week.

I was at Woodmans yesterday and didn't see any, but I'm keeping an eye out. Also for all of the IPA lovers out there, you're gonna want to stop out and pick this up...
Possibly the best IPA on the market and sporting a 98 on BA and a 99 on Rate Beer. Limited Release so hurry, hurry!

Bought a sixer of that, and its great. Also got some of this:

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#291 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:35 pm

crkone wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:

Bought a sixer of that, and its great. Also got some of this:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!? Well time to head back to Woodmans.
FireStreetlifeNow
Pro Prospect
And1: 101
Location: At a brewpub somewhere in SE Wisconsin or SW Michigan

Post#292 » by FireStreetlifeNow » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Damn, I need to get some HopSlam, I see it's at Discount in Milwaukee now. I've bought a case and a half of Sucks so far, has to be my new favorite hoppy beer. A little different but pretty good on tap too.

I stopped at Karben4 recently, the newest brewpub in Madison and the beer was pretty good. They are having their grand opening on Saturday and are located in Ale Asylum's old building.
Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#293 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:26 pm

FireStreetlifeNow wrote:Damn, I need to get some HopSlam, I see it's at Discount in Milwaukee now. I've bought a case and a half of Sucks so far, has to be my new favorite hoppy beer. A little different but pretty good on tap too.

I stopped at Karben4 recently, the newest brewpub in Madison and the beer was pretty good. They are having their grand opening on Saturday and are located in Ale Asylum's old building.

I was looking forward to stopping in there when they open. What did you have and how was it?
crkone
RealGM

Post#294 » by crkone » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:26 pm

Yes my f'ing awesome bride to be bought me the case from Rays. $63.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#295 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:35 pm

crkone wrote:Yes my f'ing awesome bride to be bought me the case from Rays. $63.

Surprise beer from wives/girlfriends is the best kind of beer.
stick
RealGM
And1: 68

Post#296 » by stick » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:47 pm

FireStreetlifeNow wrote:Damn, I need to get some HopSlam, I see it's at Discount in Milwaukee now. I've bought a case and a half of Sucks so far, has to be my new favorite hoppy beer. A little different but pretty good on tap too.

Youve got to be the only realgm user with a chainstar in their avatar. Or is that a dga basket.
FireStreetlifeNow
Pro Prospect

Post#297 » by FireStreetlifeNow » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:

I was looking forward to stopping in there when they open. What did you have and how was it?

I went to their soft opening a few weeks back. They had a (mildly) smoked porter and Rye APA that were both solid and an amber that was okay. Those will be their staple beers along with a session ale and an Irish ale. Their seasonal will be a rotating IPA, and the first one is a Black IPA that comes out tomorrow. The place has a different feel than the old Ale Asylum - they did a nice job with it. Speaking of Ale Asylum - they've been putting out limited edition hoppy beers of their own. I had an IPA a few weeks back that was tasty.

Long as I'm here:
The other newer Madison brewpubs - One Barrel and House of Brews are okay. Vintage continues to make great beers and now can be found all over the Milwaukee market.
Both Kenosha Brewpubs - Public Craft and Rustic Road were average at best and need a little time to get the process down as they seemed a little "home-brewy"
Sweet Mullets in Oconomowoc is quickly becoming my favorite in the Milwaukee area.
FireStreetlifeNow
Pro Prospect

Post#298 » by FireStreetlifeNow » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:23 pm

stick wrote:

Youve got to be the only realgm user with a chainstar in their avatar. Or is that a dga basket.

I'm not sure. I thought I used a basket from my local course which I believe are Mach 3's, but I can't remember.
stick
RealGM
And1: 68

Post#299 » by stick » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:29 pm

Ya def could be machIII.

Whats your local course?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#300 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:46 am

So, I'm really feeling a margarita this weekend at some point. Any of you have a recipe you'll swear by?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks