OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discussion

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Re: OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discuss 

Post#1201 » by ClassicJack » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:49 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:

Had it twice and I thought it was some of the worst BBQ I've ever tried in my life.

Service was terribly rude and uninviting. I will never go back.

Portions terribly small and meat obviously not fresh.

I've had others tell me the same.

If his friend was comparing it to SpeedQueens he's probably talking about this Ashley's. http://ashleysbarbque.webs.com/

They are definitely my go to for BBQ right now with Tony's second followed by Speedqueen.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
Gnac Sikma
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#1202 » by Gnac Sikma » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:12 pm

I love the bar on the top floor of the Pfister hotel. Amazing views.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,025

Post#1203 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:38 pm

It was so damn warm there the last time I was up there. Kareem walked right past me.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#1204 » by skones » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:31 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
KidA24 wrote:Anyone have any recommendations for Denver? Going to be there en route to RMNP in a week. Looking for a decent but to super pricey dinner spot

Ate at The Yard House on 16 St Mall a few months back. They have a sh*t ton of local craft beers I'd never heard of and the food was good. Not fine dining by any means but reasonably priced and tasty. Around the corner there was a perfect desert place with a green door, a green sign, and a green sidewalk. :wink:

The Yard House is a chain, and a pretty nice place. I ate at the one in Costa Mesa, CA last year and the ahi tuna poke bowl was pretty incredible. We ended up ordering two more after our first one.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#1205 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:35 pm

My wife & I went to Cafe Benelux last Friday morning, really cool place. Breakfast burrito with that sriacha sour cream was phenomenal. Roof outdoor seating was nice. Ton of beer selection.
dedned
Analyst
And1: 1,341

Post#1206 » by dedned » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:38 pm

KidA24 wrote:Anyone have any recommendations for Denver? Going to be there en route to RMNP in a week. Looking for a decent but to super pricey dinner spot

There's a Packer/Brewer bar across the street from the baseball stadium. Some other decent places around there.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#1207 » by stellation » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:49 am

Thunder Muscle wrote:My wife & I went to Cafe Benelux last Friday morning, really cool place. Breakfast burrito with that sriacha sour cream was phenomenal. Roof outdoor seating was nice. Ton of beer selection.

Bogut recently tweeted a picture of a wallaby that he saw whilst out and about, which confirmed for a lot of 'mericans the belief that there's roos hopping along the main streets of our cities; your confirmation that you consumed a breakfast burrito strikes a similar chord coming back the other way. ;)
#FreeChuckDiesel
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1208 » by buckboy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:16 pm

glenn wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:Also going to be hitting up Atlas BBQ in Germantown too. Heard it's great.

I assume you mean Atlas BBQ in Grafton? I go there sometimes and the meat has been hit and miss for me. The ribs are usually good, but their brisket, shredded meats, and chicken tend to be really dry. It’s not unusual for the sides to come out cold either. It’s definitely worth trying, and I go every couple of months since I live in Mequon and it’s pretty close to me, but they aren’t very consistent. When everything clicks, though, they can be very good.

I live 3 blocks from Atlas. I'm no barbecue aficionado, but I don't think it's good at all. Unfortunately my wife does, so we go there more often than I'd like. Seems expensive to me too.

Great bar though.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#1209 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:53 pm

buckboy wrote:
glenn wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:Also going to be hitting up Atlas BBQ in Germantown too. Heard it's great.

I assume you mean Atlas BBQ in Grafton? I go there sometimes and the meat has been hit and miss for me. The ribs are usually good, but their brisket, shredded meats, and chicken tend to be really dry. It’s not unusual for the sides to come out cold either. It’s definitely worth trying, and I go every couple of months since I live in Mequon and it’s pretty close to me, but they aren’t very consistent. When everything clicks, though, they can be very good.

I live 3 blocks from Atlas. I'm no barbecue aficionado, but I don't think it's good at all. Unfortunately my wife does, so we go there more often than I'd like. Seems expensive to me too.

Great bar though.

I went to Atlas last weekend. $22 for 3 meat sampler. Got ribs, brisket & pulled pork. Portions kinda small. Thought that would be enough for leftovers. Nope. Ribs & brisket were nothing special. Pulled pork was solid. Hard to mess that up though. Definitely a bit overpriced. Probably will end up back there too since my friend lives up there and he really seems to like it. Not a ton of options up there in that genre.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#1210 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:18 pm

could be twirlz fav new restaurant
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#1211 » by Newz » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:19 pm

DocHoliday wrote:Image

Hopefully they live up to the name. Pho is awesome.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#1212 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:22 pm

I checked out Chef Paz on 91st and National the other day. Really good Peruvian food.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1213 » by buckboy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:06 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
buckboy wrote:
glenn wrote:I assume you mean Atlas BBQ in Grafton? I go there sometimes and the meat has been hit and miss for me. The ribs are usually good, but their brisket, shredded meats, and chicken tend to be really dry. It’s not unusual for the sides to come out cold either. It’s definitely worth trying, and I go every couple of months since I live in Mequon and it’s pretty close to me, but they aren’t very consistent. When everything clicks, though, they can be very good.

Great bar though.

I went to Atlas last weekend. $22 for 3 meat sampler. Got ribs, brisket & pulled pork. Portions kinda small. Thought that would be enough for leftovers. Nope. Ribs & brisket were nothing special. Pulled pork was solid. Hard to mess that up though. Definitely a bit overpriced. Probably will end up back there too since my friend lives up there and he really seems to like it. Not a ton of options up there in that genre.

Yeah there really isn't a good barbecue place within 15 miles of here. I hear all of these locals talk about how good atlas is, but I think it's mostly because they've lived in grafton their whole lives.

I like having a couple drinks there though. If you like brown liquor it's a petty great bar.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#1214 » by thomchatt3rton » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:00 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I checked out Chef Paz on 91st and National the other day. Really good Peruvian food.

That place is OUTSTANDING. Been there 6 or so times and havent had a bad meal. Great menu with some unique offerings.
Plus its cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#1215 » by steger_3434 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:03 pm

Been big into whiskey the last few months. Even bought myself a bottle of Walker Blue label. Anyways, how is the whiskey bars selection of whiskey and their prices?
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
stellation
RealGM

Post#1216 » by stellation » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:53 pm

DocHoliday wrote:Image

Love a good play on pho as a name, I've been to one called "What Da Pho.."
#FreeChuckDiesel
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1217 » by humanrefutation » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:07 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I checked out Chef Paz on 91st and National the other day. Really good Peruvian food.

That place is OUTSTANDING. Been there 6 or so times and havent had a bad meal. Great menu with some unique offerings.
Plus its cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Yeah, it was really good and the prices were very reasonable. I'd definitely recommend it.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#1218 » by skones » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:52 pm

steger_3434 wrote:Been big into whiskey the last few months. Even bought myself a bottle of Walker Blue label. Anyways, how is the whiskey bars selection of whiskey and their prices?

Good selection when compared to what else is around town and a little pricey. Just not a fan of their atmosphere.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1219 » by humanrefutation » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:52 pm

We don't have a Madison food thread, so I'm just going to toss this in here.

I **** love Ha Long Bay. I went there a couple days ago after a meeting in Madison. It reminded me how much I missed it. Having no Thai/Vietnamese options in Rice Lake, and very few in the Northwoods, is one of the major things I'm missing.
stellation
RealGM

Post#1220 » by stellation » Mon Aug 4, 2014 1:20 am

In case you haven't seen it yet, the Sydney Morning Herald currently has the rather enjoyable Crafting A Nation documentary up to watch for free on their website @ http://www.smh.com.au/tv/Food/Crafting-A-Nation-5000484.html. Warning- you will be inspired to go broke trying to setup your own brewery. :D

I'm not sure if viewing works for you American brewheads or if it's restricted to AU.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks