ImageImage

OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discussion

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discussion 

Post#1581 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:29 pm

I always knew twirly had a beautiful voice.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Post#1582 » by RiotPunch » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:36 pm

Haha. I have family in Hartland and that Delafield exit area is a good meeting point for me and my Madison fam as well. I figured you would chime in about that, twirlz.

I'll just go to Chopstix, show my parents a great MKE time.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#1583 » by trwi7 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:36 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:I always knew twirly had a beautiful voice.

If you think we were graded on just voice, you are sorely mistaken. Since you had to take band or choir and I was even worse at band, choir was my only choice.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Post#1584 » by RiotPunch » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:01 pm

Mason Street Grill it is.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#1585 » by bigkurty » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:24 pm

Tried miss Beverlys in greendale for BBQ yesterday. It sucked.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#1586 » by El Duderino » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:38 am

Newz wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Anyone know of any nice restaurants open on Christmas day in MKE? Or even in Hartland/Delafield?

The Pfister has a pretty good brunch. Pricey though.

I used to bang this chick once in awhile and her brother was a waiter at The Pfister, he made some damn good money for being a waiter. Never ate there myself though, just assumed it would be to expensive. In general i don't care for paying more than about 30-35 dollars for an entree except for when going to get a really good steak on occasion. I'm guessing The Pfister is pricier than that. Is the food that great?
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#1587 » by drew881 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:51 am

El Duderino wrote:
Newz wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Anyone know of any nice restaurants open on Christmas day in MKE? Or even in Hartland/Delafield?

I used to bang this chick once in awhile ....

But you didn't get to Pfister...
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#1588 » by Newz » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:53 pm

El Duderino wrote:
Newz wrote:

I used to bang this chick once in awhile and her brother was a waiter at The Pfister, he made some damn good money for being a waiter. Never ate there myself though, just assumed it would be to expensive. In general i don't care for paying more than about 30-35 dollars for an entree except for when going to get a really good steak on occasion. I'm guessing The Pfister is pricier than that. Is the food that great?

The last time that I had the brunch it was about $50 per person. It is buffet style, but they also prepare things in the back and bring them out as well. I am not someone who likes buffets, but it is the best buffet I have ever been to and one I'd go back to again. Carving stations, fresh omlettes, fresh waffles, fresh crepes, fresh pancakes, seafood, pasta, eggs, etc. It really has it all and all of it is very good.

Is it worth $50? I normally wouldn't pay that to eat said buffet... but it's almost Christmas, so your options are very limited.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#1589 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Are Popeyes and Chick Fil A really as good as The Internet says they are?
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#1590 » by Badgerlander » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:21 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Are Popeyes and Chick Fil A really as good as The Internet says they are?

hell no
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1591 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:23 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Are Popeyes and Chick Fil A really as good as The Internet says they are?

hell no

Same principal as my opinion on BBQ and fried chicken. The way people lose their **** over both Popeyes and Chick Fil A make me think it must be life changing. And I can't see how that's possible.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#1592 » by Badgerlander » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:41 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:

hell no

Same principal as my opinion on BBQ and fried chicken. The way people lose their **** over both Popeyes and Chick Fil A make me think it must be life changing. And I can't see how that's possible.

I mean for chain fast food its not too bad, but it's definitely nothing I gotta have. I hadn't had chickafila since the one in Racine closed but I never thought it was special back then. The new one opened in Brookfield opened and people went crazy for it so I was like maybe its better than I remember and nope. KFC seems to be circling the drain in terms of quality so in that respect Popeyes is a little better. I will drive 10+ miles out of my way to go to a family owned restaurant over a chain every day of the week.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#1593 » by Newz » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:48 pm

Popeye's and Chik-Fil-A get such good reviews because most fast food is borderline garbage quality and their food actually tastes halfway decent.

I honestly do not understand how people eat stuff like McDonald's. I haven't ate it in about three or four years... and before that I hadn't ate it in just about as long. I tried it, took one bite of my burger and threw it away. That stuff is honestly disgusting.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1594 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:53 pm

Not gonna lie McDonalds fries are kind of a must once every six months or so. Love them. But that's about it for fast food.

I just get confused when I see people on Twitter traveling for their jobs and the first thing I read is how they had to go right straight to Chick FIl A. Like, you're visiting LA/NY/New Orleans...whatever. You're telling me you're wasting valuable stomach real estate on fast food? GTFO.
El Duderino
RealGM

Post#1595 » by El Duderino » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:40 pm

There used to be a Popeyes about a mile from me and while i didn't care for their chicken, i loved their mashed potatoes and gravy. The gravy was a Cajun style and it was delicious, i could drink the stuff. So i often would just buy the mashed potatoes and gravy to eat with something else i'd make. My daughter loved it also.
El Duderino
RealGM

Post#1596 » by El Duderino » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:59 pm

Newz wrote:Popeye's and Chik-Fil-A get such good reviews because most fast food is borderline garbage quality and their food actually tastes halfway decent.

I honestly do not understand how people eat stuff like McDonald's. I haven't ate it in about three or four years... and before that I hadn't ate it in just about as long. I tried it, took one bite of my burger and threw it away. That stuff is honestly disgusting.

Yea McDonald's is straight garbage when it comes to fast food, baffling to me that they make so much money. I pretty much never go there, but a few months ago my brother was in town and it was later at night on the way home and we both were hungry. McDonald's was the only thing open fast food wise on the way so we stopped in the drive through. I got this Habanero burger and it was so bad. The meat was dry as hell, the cheese not melted, and the Habanero sauce sucked. Worst burger i've had in a long time by far, be it fast food or any other kind. Just goes to show how mass marketing can trump everything else.

When it comes to fast food places, Culver's is easily my favorite. Their butter double cheese burgers are awesome with a mixed berry shake. They use real ice cream/custard also instead of whatever that stuff McDonald's uses which they call ice cream.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Re: OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discuss 

Post#1597 » by buckboy » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:57 pm

KidA24 wrote:Went to Karben4 on Saturday after the Badger basketball game in Madison.

Cool place, great, chill atmosphere and really good beer. Loved all 3 that I tried.

Thanks for the tip. Always looking for places in Madison. Went to the Tornado Room after the Minny football game. Very possibly the worst meal I've had in my life dollar-for-dollar.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#1598 » by gbmb34 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:28 am

Chik-fil-a is pretty good. Popeyes is terrible. If you want fast food chicken and you're in the South, go Bojangles over Popeyes.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#1599 » by Ill-yasova » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:48 am

Furthermore hit one out of the park with Floating Fire. I will be keeping this beer stocked in my fridge on a regular basis going forward.

Like many Furthermore beers, that beer is one that defies easy categorization. Its core is an India pale ale, made with smoked malt like its smaller sibling, but Floating Fire also brings rye and hibiscus to the glass. That bears repeating: Floating Fire is a hibiscus rye smoked IPA.

http://host.madison.com/entertainment/dining/beer/beer-baron-a-furthermore-ipa-fit-for-a-rowdy-flaming/article_fb5781a4-34ee-5d41-85ba-07acf19fd43c.html#ixzz3N4v4hd9M
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#1600 » by Mags FTW » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:11 am

Taking the woman to Braise this weekend. Anyone ever been there? Recommendations?

http://www.braiselocalfood.com

Return to Milwaukee Bucks