Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,520

Re: OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discuss 

Post#1341 » by Profound23 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:27 am

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:
glenn wrote:Anyone going to Zoo A La Carte? I'm going to eat this:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MilwaukeeCoZoo/status/499975850603720704[/tweet]

I had this. Did not think it was very good.

I went around 6:30. It was my birthday and my 7 year old son's birthday. The entire family went because I heard about the animals being so active at night.

Except they closed every exhibit before 5pm. Are you serious? The zoo being open until 10pm so keep the night exhibits open. The bats, reptiles, fish, and Big Cats would have been AWESOME at night. Instead we walked around bored as hell. We were all extremely disappointed.

F#*# the Milwaukee County Zoo for that BS.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#1342 » by glenn » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:36 pm

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:
glenn wrote:Anyone going to Zoo A La Carte? I'm going to eat this

I had this. Did not think it was very good.

Nope, it wasn't. Worst poutine I've had.
:reporter:
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#1343 » by glenn » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:39 pm

Profound23 wrote:I went around 6:30. It was my birthday and my 7 year old son's birthday. The entire family went because I heard about the animals being so active at night.

Except they closed every exhibit before 5pm. Are you serious? The zoo being open until 10pm so keep the night exhibits open. The bats, reptiles, fish, and Big Cats would have been AWESOME at night. Instead we walked around bored as hell. We were all extremely disappointed.

What are you talking about? My wife and I were there until 9 last night and went into almost every building. And most of the outdoor animals were still out.
:reporter:
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#1344 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:35 pm

glenn wrote:
Profound23 wrote:I went around 6:30. It was my birthday and my 7 year old son's birthday. The entire family went because I heard about the animals being so active at night.

What are you talking about? My wife and I were there until 9 last night and went into almost every building. And most of the outdoor animals were still out.

I agree that everything was open. The fish exhibit was the last one my kids and I did at 8:45.
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,969

Post#1345 » by humanrefutation » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:52 pm

He was confused. He went to the Milwaukee Public Museum and was disappointed that the dinosaurs weren't active at night.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,520

Post#1346 » by Profound23 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:37 am

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:
glenn wrote:

I agree that everything was open. The fish exhibit was the last one my kids and I did at 8:45.

I don't understand. We got there at 6:30, saw the birds and walked through the ape house where only the spider monkey could be seen. We went through the children's farm where they had one rooster and a rat to pet.

We then ate and walked towards the giraffes where they put them in for the night around 8:30. We then walked over to Big Cat House and it was locked with the lights off. By this time it was 9pm, we went to the reptile and aquarium and they were also locked with the lights off.

I contacted the Zoo and expressed my frustration with this. The PR person said this was something that people were complaining about often this year. I got free passes to go back today which made my son's birthday because he was really mad/sad yesterday but was very mature about it.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#1347 » by neiLz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:18 am

Took the GF out to Il Mito this weekend. Was amazing. She loved it. Then headed to cafe hollander... I am a belgian beer drinker and was pleasantly surprised. Will be going there more often :-)
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#1348 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:34 am

I need to give Il mito another try. Been there twice and was completely underwhelmed. Had a rabbit dish the fist time and thought it was very bland, and got s bolognase the 2nd time and didn't think it was anything special.
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#1349 » by chuckleslove » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Side note about il Mito, whoever decided to make their menu on their website a flash type slide show that automatically goes from one page to the next after about 10 seconds is beyond stupid. It is pretty much impossible to read the menu on their website as you get halfway through an item description and it flips to the next page automatically. Sure you can flip back easily enough but there is just no reason for that. They should fire their web designer over a decision like that because it is that bad.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#1350 » by stellation » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:55 am

On the off chance anyone is interested, there's a pretty decent interview herewith Gary Fish from Deschutes talking about craft beer in general, breweries expanding and also some talk about their moving into Wisconsin.

The interview is from the Good Beer Hunting podcast, it's the only one I've heard but it seems pretty good and I'll check out some more.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#1351 » by Badgerlander » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:46 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/502465563118292992[/tweet]

:droop:
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#1352 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:04 pm

DocHoliday wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/502465563118292992[/tweet]

/throws wallet at laptop screen/
dedned
Analyst
And1: 1,334

Post#1353 » by dedned » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:48 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/502465563118292992[/tweet]

/throws wallet at laptop screen/

You're doing it wrong.

Spoiler:
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#1354 » by Badgerlander » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:02 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/food/every-state- ... 23031.html
7. Wisconsin

There was a time when Milwaukee made approximately every beer consumed by every man who came home from work with grease on his shirt. Today, those canned brands of yesteryear are dead, or sold off and made in, like, California. But the Brothers Leinenkugel are statewide icons, New Glarus’ Spotted Cow is the first beer referenced by cheeseheads everywhere (even though nobody can get it outside the state), the baseball team’s name is the damn Brewers, and there used to be an urban legend that Miller Park’s taps were fueled by a beer pipe that ran directly from the brewery. An urban legend we will perpetuate, right here. Miller Park’s taps are fueled by a beer pipe that runs directly from the brewery!
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,009

Post#1355 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:25 pm

This recipe is too amazing not to share.

I halve the recipe when cooking for one and it generally works.

I bought an eight inch cast iron skillet specifically for this one.

Tips:

Ignore the broiler. Get a cover for your skillet and just cook the eggs covered.

Add some crumbled bleu cheese when you add the spinach instead of goat.

Use spicy italian sausage.

15 minutes is a joke. It'll take you a half hour and that's if you have everything prepared. Worth it.

It is, without a doubt, the best tasting thing I've had in a long time.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#1356 » by bigkurty » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:08 am

Quick tip, the best Poutine I have ever had was at Sensi at the Bellagio. Omg, so good and I have eaten a lot of poutine. https://www.bellagio.com/files/restaura ... dinner.pdf
Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#1357 » by Ill-yasova » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:30 pm

My friends and family surprised me with a 30th Birthday party last night and I got a TON of beer.

3- Scream IIPA
1- Lupulin Maximus
1- Hop Whore
1- 2013 Bigfoot Barlywine
1- Dancing Man
1- Gumballhead
1- Bedlam
1- Ballistic
1- Ambergeddon
1- Ghostship White IPA
1- O-gi
2- Pumking bombers
1-Two Hearted
1- Elliot Ness
1- Old Chub Nitro (get this while you can!)
1- Little Sumpin' Sumpin'
1- Yorkshire Stingo From Samuel Smith

:o :P
Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#1358 » by Ill-yasova » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:35 pm

DocHoliday wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/food/every-state-in-the-usa-ranked-by-its-beer-95770823031.html
7. Wisconsin

There was a time when Milwaukee made approximately every beer consumed by every man who came home from work with grease on his shirt. Today, those canned brands of yesteryear are dead, or sold off and made in, like, California. But the Brothers Leinenkugel are statewide icons, New Glarus’ Spotted Cow is the first beer referenced by cheeseheads everywhere (even though nobody can get it outside the state), the baseball team’s name is the damn Brewers, and there used to be an urban legend that Miller Park’s taps were fueled by a beer pipe that ran directly from the brewery. An urban legend we will perpetuate, right here. Miller Park’s taps are fueled by a beer pipe that runs directly from the brewery!

We should have been #5 but it's still pretty good.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#1359 » by stellation » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:14 pm

Little Sumpin :love:
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,009

Post#1360 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Sep 1, 2014 12:24 am

Ill-yasova wrote:My friends and family surprised me with a 30th Birthday party last night and I got a TON of beer.

3- Scream IIPA
1- Lupulin Maximus
1- Hop Whore
1- 2013 Bigfoot Barlywine
1- Dancing Man
1- Gumballhead
1- Bedlam
1- Ballistic
1- Ambergeddon
1- Ghostship White IPA
1- O-gi
2- Pumking bombers
1-Two Hearted
1- Elliot Ness
1- Old Chub Nitro (get this while you can!)
1- Little Sumpin' Sumpin'
1- Yorkshire Stingo From Samuel Smith

:o :P

The only one on that list I've had is Old Chub Nitro but it's one of my favorites. It's rare that I drink a Nitro that I don't love. Right now I'm having a Nitro Milk Stout. It's scary how easily they go down.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks