ImageImage

OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discussion

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#201 » by trwi7 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:17 am

That actually looks like the homemade pizzas I make.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#202 » by Max Green » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:25 pm

Ned's pizza on the South side of Milwaukee is the best pizza I've ever had.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#203 » by Thunder Muscle » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:23 pm

We ended up doing Glass Nickel since it was later at night and saw it was close to the hotel. It was okay. We've always had hit or miss luck with GN. Sometimes we really like it, other times not so much. We used to order from the one in GB often but I've kind of soured on it in the last year so don't as much.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#204 » by crkone » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:07 pm

Roots is gone but fear not as the owner of the Iron Horse is keeping on the chef and staff. Opening at the end of October.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#205 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:13 pm

crkone wrote:Roots is gone but fear not as the owner of the Iron Horse is keeping on the chef and staff. Opening at the end of October.

Roots sure did a good job of screwing a bunch of people over.

My friends sister has her rehearsal dinner there in two weeks. Well not anymore. No phone call or notice or anything. Now they have to find another place. Isn't as bad as the couple that's getting married there in 3 weeks. Well. Not anymore. Have fun replanning the wedding in 3 weeks. What a bunch of a$$holes.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#206 » by buckboy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Just wondering if any of you who love Zaffiro's has ever eaten at the Mequon theater Zaffiro's?

I'm curious, because that is the only one I've eaten at and it's horrible. I went once, and it was awful, then my wife managed to talk me into going again, and......it was awful again.

But at least it the service was putrid too. They're consistent.

Also, I really really liked Roots. It's a shame how that went down.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#207 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Punch Pizza is pretty solid in the Twin Cities. I've had it once or twice up here. If we're talking about the Twin Cities, Galactic is tough to beat, though I've only had it once or twice. I recently acquired a girlfriend who doesn't have the palette to enjoy that form of artistry.

I'll throw out a Thomasos in Cedarburg plug as I grew up on it...I hear that the ones in Mequon and West Bend or wherever they opened are completely different and not that good.

I can't think of the name of it right now, but if you're talking about the paper-thin, legitimate Italian type pizzas (like Punch Pizza in MN) made in a brick oven or whatever, I liked Pizza Brutta in Madison on Monroe St.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#208 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:20 am

Alright foodies, anyone made tomato jam before? I had some the other day and my mind = blown. I've never made anything with the intention of "canning"/jarring it, but I'm going to have to change that.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,949

Post#209 » by BUCKnation » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:32 am

Ive only had the Zaffiros at Majestic. Its usually pretty good, but nothing outrageously great.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#210 » by trwi7 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:43 am

trwi7 wrote:That actually looks like the homemade pizzas I make.

And a pic.

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,949

Post#211 » by BUCKnation » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:30 am

My homemade pizzas look the same as well. Its so good though.
turbo2k
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#212 » by turbo2k » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:52 am

Ate at The Eatery on Farwell for the first time on Saturday, had a hangover burger. VERY good. My only complaint was I ordered medium rare, and got medium well, still juicy and tender as hell with tons of flavor. Good beer selection it seemed. I definitely recommend it. It is a 'tier 2' burger, aka not quite the level of Sobelman's and AJ's. Some real interesting menu options.
Newz wrote:I would also like it to be known that David Lee has not won an ESPY yet. This is **** ridiculous and it is obvious that they are doing it just to put him down. He should win all awards.
David Lee = Robbed again.

http://www.saveourbucks.com
Down To Buck
Senior
And1: 306

Post#213 » by Down To Buck » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:03 am

GrendonJennings wrote:I can't think of the name of it right now, but if you're talking about the paper-thin, legitimate Italian type pizzas (like Punch Pizza in MN) made in a brick oven or whatever, I liked Pizza Brutta in Madison on Monroe St.

That place is pretty good and despite their pizza's fragile appearance they can make for a pretty satisfying meal. The authentic style pizza isn't really my thing though, when I want a pizza I want grease and cheese and meat. Falbo's used to be my go-to place, but they've been kinda crappy lately, maybe it only tastes good if you are a student?
Check out my NBA Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/user/DownToBuck
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#214 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:09 am

Home chefs, try Keith Law's recipe for pasta alla carbonara.

I've been making my own for years, and this is so much better I'm embarrassed. His recipe will feed at least three, probably four. It's easily my new go-to on Sundays.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#215 » by buckboy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Thanks for that carbonara recipe. I'll be making that sometime soon. I've heard Keith Law's recipes are really good. I know he takes it very seriously.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#216 » by crkone » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:05 pm

DrugBust wrote:Home chefs, try Keith Law's recipe for pasta alla carbonara.

I've been making my own for years, and this is so much better I'm embarrassed. His recipe will feed at least three, probably four. It's easily my new go-to on Sundays.

I just bought me lady the Pioneer Woman cookbooks. Check out her blog, very good. My girl routinely cooks out of the Joy of Cooking too, which is the bible of cooking it seems.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#217 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:18 pm

Pasta recipe seems intriguing. I've kind of taken to cooking, well more grilling/bbq'n I guess. I've gotten a few books and love spending the day/evenings putting together good BBQ meals. Nothing beats a good slab of ribs after an day smoking session. Good excuse to drink beer all day too.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#218 » by Badgerlander » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:18 pm

turbo2k wrote:Ate at The Eatery on Farwell for the first time on Saturday, had a hangover burger. VERY good. My only complaint was I ordered medium rare, and got medium well, still juicy and tender as hell with tons of flavor. Good beer selection it seemed. I definitely recommend it. It is a 'tier 2' burger, aka not quite the level of Sobelman's and AJ's. Some real interesting menu options.

Their Bloody's are awesome too
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#219 » by jeremyd236 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Thanks to those who suggested Beta by Sabor. We were going to go there before the show at Pabst, but apparently they closed at the beginning of the month.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#220 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:44 pm

Roots has temporarily closed and will re-open under new management. Not sure when though.
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks