ImageImage

OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discussion

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 90,834
And1: 6,512
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#271 » by trwi7 » Thu Nov 8, 2012 12:35 am

Kary Osmond is a Goddess. That is all.
stellation wrote:"What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."
User avatar
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
Posts: 21,496
And1: 462
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#272 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:40 am

GrendonJennings wrote:2011-2012: 32-34
2012-2013: 42-40
2013-2014: 39-43
2014-2015: 44-38
2015-2016: 35-47
2016-2017: 40-42
2017-2018: (Las Vegas)
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 90,834
And1: 6,512
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#273 » by trwi7 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:28 am

Pizza Man is going to reopen on Downer Avenue.
stellation wrote:"What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."
Chuck Diesel
Head Coach
Posts: 7,242
And1: 1,198
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#274 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:58 am

If you guys are ever in Chicago and don't have immediate cardiovascular concerns, Cafecito's "Chivito" really needs to be sampled. One of the best sandwiches in the city. The Pollo Chipolte also goes down way too easy.

http://www.cafecitochicago.com/menu
User avatar
Buck You
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 37,393
And1: 328
Joined: Jul 24, 2006
Location: Wisconsin
     

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#275 » by Buck You » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:20 pm

What are your guys' opinions on the best and worst bars you have been to in the milwaukee area?

For me:
Best: Bad Genie
Worst: Annies Place
skones
RealGM
Posts: 17,309
And1: 558
Joined: Jul 20, 2004
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#276 » by skones » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:53 pm

Buck You wrote:What are your guys' opinions on the best and worst bars you have been to in the milwaukee area?

For me:
Best: Bad Genie
Worst: Annies Place


I go to Bad Genie really often. I also like Flannery's, The Garage, and Rogue's Gallery.
User avatar
Ill-yasova
RealGM
Posts: 11,223
And1: 1,110
Joined: Jul 13, 2006

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#277 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:14 am

I got a great beer related present from my mother-in-law this past Christmas. She gave me eight beers from the Mikkeller One Hop Series. They're all IPAs that were brewed using only one variety of hop, some of which aren't even generally used for IPAs. Haven't tried any of them yet, but I'm about to crack open a Mt. Hood followed by a Saaz. Both of these hops are usually used for lagers and pilsners so I'm pretty excited to see how they taste in these beers.
Image
Image
Image
KidA24
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,749
And1: 379
Joined: Nov 01, 2012

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#278 » by KidA24 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:31 am

Ill-yasova wrote:I got a great beer related present from my mother-in-law this past Christmas. She gave me eight beers from the Mikkeller One Hop Series. They're all IPAs that were brewed using only one variety of hop, some of which aren't even generally used for IPAs. Haven't tried any of them yet, but I'm about to crack open a Mt. Hood followed by a Saaz. Both of these hops are usually used for lagers and pilsners so I'm pretty excited to see how they taste in these beers.
Image
Image



That is an awesome present. I look forward to a full report!
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
mattg
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,897
And1: 473
Joined: Feb 12, 2007

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#279 » by mattg » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:37 am

Buck You wrote:What are your guys' opinions on the best and worst bars you have been to in the milwaukee area?

For me:
Best: Bad Genie
Worst: Annies Place

Annie's place in Hales Corners haha?
User avatar
SpursNBucks
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,882
And1: 106
Joined: Apr 06, 2012
Location: San Antonio
Contact:
     

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#280 » by SpursNBucks » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:36 am

The places I probably miss the most our Zifaro's Pizza on Farwell and Copps Burgers. Landmark Bowl was a good grunge hangout where you could play pool, bowl, and drink cheap- the only problem was it was reaching new stink levels when I left. There was a very cool bar that I liked it was a few blocks off Brady - kind of in a residential area- had shuffleboard and pool- just a nice laid back atmosphere.
KidA24
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,749
And1: 379
Joined: Nov 01, 2012

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#281 » by KidA24 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:42 am

SpursNBucks wrote:The places I probably miss the most our Zifaro's Pizza on Farwell and Copps Burgers. Landmark Bowl was a good grunge hangout where you could play pool, bowl, and drink cheap- the only problem was it was reaching new stink levels when I left. There was a very cool bar that I liked it was a few blocks off Brady - kind of in a residential area- had shuffleboard and pool- just a nice laid back atmosphere.


That would be Thurman's, I believe. Also, Landmark is much, much more tolerable since the smoking ban went into effect.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
User avatar
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,634
And1: 762
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
     

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#282 » by Garbs_7 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:56 am

Meaning to post this for a while but Ian's Pizza near Scooter's bar (I think) in Milwaukee was awesome when I was there. Delicious slice of pizza.

Smokey's a Bandit I believe it was called was legit.
Image

www.saveourbucks.com

"Build for the future, not the 8th seed"
User avatar
RiotPunch
General Manager
Posts: 9,560
And1: 423
Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Location: Final Four
Contact:
     

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#283 » by RiotPunch » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:11 am

Garbs_7 wrote:Meaning to post this for a while but Ian's Pizza near Scooter's bar (I think) in Milwaukee was awesome when I was there. Delicious slice of pizza.

Smokey's a Bandit I believe it was called was legit.


Ian's is a glorious pizza chain that started in Madison. I met the father of "Ian" not too long ago. Delicious drunk food. :)
Image
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 15,005
And1: 745
Joined: Aug 16, 2006
     

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#284 » by crkone » Tue Jan 1, 2013 6:43 pm

too big
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 15,005
And1: 745
Joined: Aug 16, 2006
     

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#285 » by crkone » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Anyone notice any Hopslam in yet? Rays in Tosa said they may get some in next week.
User avatar
Ill-yasova
RealGM
Posts: 11,223
And1: 1,110
Joined: Jul 13, 2006

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#286 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:29 pm

crkone wrote:Anyone notice any Hopslam in yet? Rays in Tosa said they may get some in next week.

I was at Woodmans yesterday and didn't see any, but I'm keeping an eye out. Also for all of the IPA lovers out there, you're gonna want to stop out and pick this up...
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/74986
Image
Possibly the best IPA on the market and sporting a 98 on BA and a 99 on Rate Beer. Limited Release so hurry, hurry!
Image
User avatar
EzeDoesIt
Junior
Posts: 462
And1: 7
Joined: Jun 01, 2012

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#287 » by EzeDoesIt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm

The KK strip in Bay View has a lot of good restaurants; Sven's, Hi Fi Cafe, Honeypie, Hue, etc. Then further north you have Cafe Lulu's and all that.
User avatar
Buck You
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 37,393
And1: 328
Joined: Jul 24, 2006
Location: Wisconsin
     

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#288 » by Buck You » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:14 pm

mattg wrote:
Buck You wrote:What are your guys' opinions on the best and worst bars you have been to in the milwaukee area?

For me:
Best: Bad Genie
Worst: Annies Place

Annie's place in Hales Corners haha?

Yes, terribad.
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 15,005
And1: 745
Joined: Aug 16, 2006
     

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#289 » by crkone » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:06 pm

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/lifestyle/186519761.html

Sprecher has a "hard" root beer. I don't know about that one...
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 15,005
And1: 745
Joined: Aug 16, 2006
     

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#290 » by crkone » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:13 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:
crkone wrote:Anyone notice any Hopslam in yet? Rays in Tosa said they may get some in next week.

I was at Woodmans yesterday and didn't see any, but I'm keeping an eye out. Also for all of the IPA lovers out there, you're gonna want to stop out and pick this up...
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/74986
Image
Possibly the best IPA on the market and sporting a 98 on BA and a 99 on Rate Beer. Limited Release so hurry, hurry!



Bought a sixer of that, and its great. Also got some of this:

Image

Return to Milwaukee Bucks