Post#81 » by Nebula1 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:02 pm

Dark Sky App

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xZde4XnYz8[/youtube]
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,012

Re: OT - Cutting the Cord 

Post#82 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:07 pm

So if I get rid of cable and get league pass thru Roku, will all the bucks games be blacked out because of FSN? Or could I just watch the station of whomever they are playing and not have it blacked out?
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
DickCunningham
Rookie
And1: 238

Post#83 » by DickCunningham » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:26 pm

I've scheduled my charter cable tv service to be terminated in mid-March.

I have Roku, but have never used it for League Pass. The reviews are not encouraging.

http://deadspin.com/5956559/nba-league- ... not-buy-it
"Our goal is to become a championship team," Kidd said.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,343

Post#84 » by ackypoo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

i torrent and dont use vpn. i have att tho, and thats probable the difference. if it isnt, you can always just say you have wifi and someone must have broke into your network.

i know mlb had a playoff tv package last year for most of its games. im sure nba does something similar.

theres absolutely no reason to have cable these days for the insane prices they are charging.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Post#85 » by crkone » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:59 pm

I just bought a year subscription to torguard vpn and it's awesome. Speeds are phenomenal for the most part as long as there are enough seeds. I'm still kinda nervous using it as I don't know if there will be an error to the openvpn style program it uses to connect to the remote servers and start downloading with my real IP.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
DickCunningham
Rookie

Post#86 » by DickCunningham » Mon Mar 4, 2013 1:28 pm

Nine more days until Charter disconnects the tv.

I've always been able to re-negotiate at the end of promotional periods, but they won't budge on tv this time. I negotiated telephone/internet down to $60 month total for the highest speeds. Initially, they wanted $160 (incl. taxes) to bundle all three). In Saturday,'s mail offer, as proof of their "loyalty" to me, they offered a $19 reduction from the $40 increase.

I'm just far enough from civilization (and tucked into a hill) so that I don't get great antenna service. I can get 7 channels on a good clear day, but can't get ABC at all. Looking forward to trying this out.
PMatt
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#87 » by PMatt » Mon Mar 4, 2013 2:04 pm

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:So if I get rid of cable and get league pass thru Roku, will all the bucks games be blacked out because of FSN? Or could I just watch the station of whomever they are playing and not have it blacked out?

Bucks will be blacked out unless the game isn't shown on FSN Wi. National TV games are also blacked out. You aren't able to view any of these 90 minutes after the game ends like the MLB package.

DickCunningham wrote:Nine more days until Charter disconnects the tv.

I've always been able to re-negotiate at the end of promotional periods, but they won't budge on tv this time. I negotiated telephone/internet down to $60 month total for the highest speeds. Initially, they wanted $160 (incl. taxes) to bundle all three). In Saturday,'s mail offer, as proof of their "loyalty" to me, they offered a $19 reduction from the $40 increase.

I'm just far enough from civilization (and tucked into a hill) so that I don't get great antenna service. I can get 7 channels on a good clear day, but can't get ABC at all. Looking forward to trying this out.

Charter doesn't encrypt their local channels + a few more, so you should be fine there.

I have a Roku and Xbox, so I've tried each with League Pass. The Roku hasn't given me any issues with buffering, but the quality isn't HD. It's probably roughly equivalent to 480i. The Xbox app for League Pass is HD, but it buffers once or twice a minute. Both are disappointing. Your best bet is to hook up your computer to your TV at this point.

If you haven't noticed from my post, League Pass needs work.
DickCunningham
Rookie

Post#88 » by DickCunningham » Mon Mar 4, 2013 5:53 pm

PMatt wrote:
Charter doesn't encrypt their local channels + a few more, so you should be fine there.

I did not know that. Thanks, without that post, I probably wouldn't have even tried to plug the cable cord into the tv.
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 74

Post#89 » by gbmb34 » Mon Mar 4, 2013 8:37 pm

NBA League Pass Broadband is so far behind MLB.TV its embarrassing.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#90 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Tue Mar 5, 2013 3:36 am

DrugBust wrote:
Wilford Brimley wrote:Actually, if I already have PS3, do I need Apple TV?

Nope, runs both Netflix and Hulu. It even runs Plex natively now too if you want to set up a home media server.

Holy **** DB, I had never heard of Plex until you mentioned it in this post. It is exactly what I was looking for in a home media server software. Over the last month I've been ripping my 100+ DVDs/blurays to a hard drive and this software is going to work perfectly with my laptop, iphone, ps3, and tablet. Thank you!
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
bullox
Banned User
And1: 522

Post#91 » by bullox » Tue Mar 5, 2013 3:37 am

Plex is still the only app I've paid for on my tablet. It's great.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,270

Post#92 » by WiscoKing13 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:58 am

I could use a hand "cutting the cord"

I'm not very up to date the inner workings of the internet, but how do I get bucks game's through league pass(basically how do I change my VPN).

Right now I have 2 TV's/2 Antenna's/1 blu ray player, not only am I looking for a solution to bucks games ASAP, but is their any solution packer games on ESPN(I would guess Thursday night games on NFL network would be allowed on Season Ticket).

I also saw at best buy today that samsung is selling a USB drive item that will allow you to have a web browser on your non smart samsung TV. Would that be a better alternative than hulu?

Completely new to this type of entertainment(beside a netflix), so any type of help would be appreciated.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,654

Post#93 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:41 am

You can get Bucks through League Pass in a couple ways.

1 - You can use a VPN to change your IP to an out of market location, then watch on your computer.

2 - You can buy a VPN router, change the config so the VPN changes the IPs of every device using the router and watch League Pass on your Xbox 360, Roku. Apple TV, etc.

or you could use a streaming site and watch games at a **** quality for free. This is the route I recommend because...

3 - League Pass online absolutely blows. The quality is ****, the delays are inevitable. If it was a quality product, the NBA couldn't take my money fast enough. But the product is terrible and the customer service is basically non-existent.

I really, really hate to recommend this, but I'd use a free streaming site and watch on your computer or mobile device. If it has to be on the TV, use mirroring. The quality is going to be ****, but it's free and the NBA product is terrible.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by ackypoo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:08 am

DrugBust wrote:You can get Bucks through League Pass in a couple ways.

1 - You can use a VPN to change your IP to an out of market location, then watch on your computer.

2 - You can buy a VPN router, change the config so the VPN changes the IPs of every device using the router and watch League Pass on your Xbox 360, Roku. Apple TV, etc.

or you could use a streaming site and watch games at a **** quality for free. This is the route I recommend because...

3 - League Pass online absolutely blows. The quality is ****, the delays are inevitable. If it was a quality product, the NBA couldn't take my money fast enough. But the product is terrible and the customer service is basically non-existent.

I really, really hate to recommend this, but I'd use a free streaming site and watch on your computer or mobile device. If it has to be on the TV, use mirroring. The quality is going to be ****, but it's free and the NBA product is terrible.

yeah, dont know why mlbtv rules and nba is so bad.

how do vpn routers work? its automatically programmed to redirect your location? i might have to look into this for torrents/mlbtv and a number of other....things.

if i have dsl tho which i do, all my info will be routed to that first before its vpnd so its not really doing what i need it to, is it?
crkone
RealGM

Post#95 » by crkone » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:11 am

You can but a dd-wrt router already setup for vpn or you can see if your router will work. You still should buy a vpn service though cause the free ones sucks. You can check out what others like but I use torguard.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
crkone
RealGM

Post#96 » by crkone » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:14 am

Your router will basically connect to a remote sever and send or receive files from it. All your ISP will see is you connecting to that server without knowing what you are getting from them.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,654

Post#97 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:14 am

No, VPN routers are only capable of using different locations. They won't do it automatically or even easily.

If you want a VPN router and not worry about screwing around with config files, there are retailers that will sell you fully config'd routers set up to your specification. It'll cost you an extra $50+, but I think it's worth it for the hassel.
crkone
RealGM

Post#98 » by crkone » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:17 am

I have a wrt300n router which has a Vpn setting on it already. It's easy to setup this router at least.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ackypoo
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by ackypoo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:18 am

i dont want to spend $10 a month for vpn, but it sounds like this is the best option.

i still have never gotten a letter in the mail, but i suspect its on its way any day. id rather just avoid it altogether.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by ackypoo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:21 am

i need a new dsl router anyways. dont suppose they have dsl routers with built in vpns?

also, i know you can set up vpn in chrome/utorrent/firefox/etc. so theres really no difference there is there?

i have a att 2wire (yeah lol i know) and it appears to have vpn but its locked up tighter than a dolphins butthole.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks