ImageImage

Drew Gooden Trade Destinations

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: Drew Gooden Trade Destinations 

Post#141 » by trwi7 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:18 am

Anyone know what he says right in the beginning?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#142 » by WRau1 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:39 am

#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#143 » by Ruzious » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:29 pm

That video's brutal real life stuff - not really funny, but whatever.

Anyway, 3 years - this coming season, next season, and the season after that.

Gotta wonder if some team would have put in an amnesty claim - and for how much. Houston saved over 10 mill over the life of Scola's contract. Philly saved less on Brand's - even though Brand's the better all-around player.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#144 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Ruz--no one picked up Blatches contract did they?

I would assume that Gooden clears waivers and we would be on the hook for his entire contract balance.

I'd rather deal him for an equal albatross contract and hope that the guy we acquire could contribute something.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#145 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:31 pm

So are the insiders here still believing that Gooden will be gone before the season?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#146 » by jr lucosa » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:16 pm

I like the Hawks as potential trade partners. Maybe they are going to play this really smart and let most if not all these guys expire after this year but Josh Smith, Devin Harris, Zaza, Korver, Morrow, Petro, and Farmar are all expirings. Jeff Teague will be a RFA also.
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach
And1: 53

Post#147 » by cellomac1212 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:17 pm

Why get rid of Gooden now? I think the Bucks did a good job of getting a true center in Dalembert. Gooden is a capable PF. He only truly sucks when he is forced to play center, IMO. The trade ideas on the first page does not make the Bucks any better. I'm sure he will stay even if he is Ersan's bench replacement.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#148 » by jr lucosa » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:21 pm

cellomac1212 wrote:Why get rid of Gooden now?

Because he is awful and we can't stand to watch him single handedly destroy our team D anymore. Getting him off this team is addition by subtraction even if we were to say trade him straight up for DeSagana Diop, because then those minutes are free for guys like Udoh, Henson and Sanders who are all better than Gooden.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#149 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:12 am

cellomac1212 wrote:Why get rid of Gooden now?

Because Ersan, Luc, Udoh and Henson are better players.

cellomac1212 wrote:He only truly sucks when he is forced to play center, IMO.

He sucks more there, but he's sucked his entire career. Mostly playing PF.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#150 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:29 pm

cellomac1212 wrote:Why get rid of Gooden now? I think the Bucks did a good job of getting a true center in Dalembert. Gooden is a capable PF. He only truly sucks when he is forced to play center, IMO. The trade ideas on the first page does not make the Bucks any better. I'm sure he will stay even if he is Ersan's bench replacement.

The problem with Gooden is if you look at the stat sheet he does not appear to be a bad player. He can score points and will get rebound numbers. The problem with Gooden is he is a defensive liability, so he'll get his 14/10 but give up 20/12. And offensively he is a black hole, he is a chucker. There is a reason he's played for literally 1/3 of the league thus far in his career. Plus the Bucks aren't winning a championship anymore thus most of us would rather give his playing time to the development of Udoh, Henson, etc. At least those guys still have potential to grow into something more than a career journeyman like Gooden. Gooden would be a good piece to a veteran team that needs some offensive punch at the PF position but can afford to take on his defensive liabilities.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#151 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:04 pm

Francisco Garcia on the block.

Maybe we could give them Gooden.

They'd probably rather give us Salmons back though.
Fed
Junior
And1: 424

Post#152 » by Fed » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:57 pm

Screw it, take Salmons. Anyone is better then Gooden.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#153 » by WiscoKing13 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:19 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
They'd probably rather give us Salmons back though.

I've been saying that for awhile, salmons would be a great option as a back up 2/3 and we get gooden out the door.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#154 » by eagle13 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:51 pm

Get rid of both Gooden & Ellis (& unhappy Udrih) in this 3way trade.
Add a tall combo G that can create & a 57.4 TS SG.

One 3 TEAM TRADE
MIL – Ellis, Udrih, Gooden 1st-LP / + Evans, Redick,
ORL – Redick, Turkglu, 1st-LP / + Ellis, Gooden, Fredette
SAC – Evans, Fredette / + Turkglu, Udrih, 1st-LP 1st-LP

ROSTER-mins
Jennings-34 / Evans-28
Redick-28 / Lamb-6
Moute-22 / Harris-14 / Dunleavy-12
Illysova-30 / Henson-18
Dalembert-24 / Udoh-12 / Sanders-12 / Pryz-0
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#155 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:41 pm

eagle13 wrote:Get rid of both Gooden & Ellis (& unhappy Udrih) in this 3way trade.

One 3 TEAM TRADE

ROSTER-mins
Jennings-34 / Evans-28
Redick-28 / Lamb-6
Illysova-30 / Henson-18

Im pretty sure you have posted that trade or something very similar about 100 times
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#156 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Sep 6, 2012 2:21 am

To the Timberwolves for Jose Juan Barea
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter
And1: 0

Post#157 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Thu Sep 6, 2012 2:49 am

N8Frog wrote:
cellomac1212 wrote:Why get rid of Gooden now? I think the Bucks did a good job of getting a true center in Dalembert. Gooden is a capable PF. He only truly sucks when he is forced to play center, IMO. The trade ideas on the first page does not make the Bucks any better. I'm sure he will stay even if he is Ersan's bench replacement.

The problem with Gooden is if you look at the stat sheet he does not appear to be a bad player. He can score points and will get rebound numbers. The problem with Gooden is he is a defensive liability, so he'll get his 14/10 but give up 20/12. And offensively he is a black hole, he is a chucker. There is a reason he's played for literally 1/3 of the league thus far in his career. Plus the Bucks aren't winning a championship anymore thus most of us would rather give his playing time to the development of Udoh, Henson, etc. At least those guys still have potential to grow into something more than a career journeyman like Gooden. Gooden would be a good piece to a veteran team that needs some offensive punch at the PF position but can afford to take on his defensive liabilities.

like the Heat?
Gooden could catch and shoot as the shot clock winds down. He wouldn't Have to touch the ball the first 20 seconds of the clock

mentioned it a few months back and the Heat still need a vet big. Gooden for Mike Miller
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#158 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Sep 6, 2012 6:04 am

mlloyd10 wrote:
eagle13 wrote:Get rid of both Gooden & Ellis (& unhappy Udrih) in this 3way trade.

One 3 TEAM TRADE

ROSTER-mins
Jennings-34 / Evans-28
Redick-28 / Lamb-6
Illysova-30 / Henson-18

Im pretty sure you have posted that trade or something very similar about 100 times

LOL I know....right? But I like this slight variation he made by adding Tyreke Evans in this one atleast. Don't want Turkgolu or Redick at all and makes no sense and makes the Bucks too soft.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

! 

Post#159 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Sep 6, 2012 6:07 am

More Bang For The Bucks wrote:
N8Frog wrote:

like the Heat?
Gooden could catch and shoot as the shot clock winds down. He wouldn't Have to touch the ball the first 20 seconds of the clock

mentioned it a few months back and the Heat still need a vet big. Gooden for Mike Miller

Hell no! I you just trying to get another certain kind of player on this team or one we actually need? You don't need Mike Soft a--'

Miller! Turkgolu, Redick and Mike Miller. . . yuck! You already have Dunleavy and Ersan. What do you need with Mike Miller?

We need an athlete...an athletic wing like Marshon Brooks with young injury free legs you can groom. Not another injury prone stiff with no legs left to shoot for a 82 game season.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#160 » by jr lucosa » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Raptors have 16 players under contract and BC is a PPG whore

Gooden for Kleiza/Grey works

I would like to do something that involved Calderon coming back, Gooden and Beno going out and a 3rd team involved, just not quite sure how to make it work yet.

Toronto has Lowry, Bayless, Lucas III, Ross, Fields and DeRozan in there backcourt, they have absolutely no use in Calderon and I could see them being one of the very few teams that could get suckered in to taking Gooden back thinking he could actually do something positive.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks