ImageImage

Drew Gooden Trade Destinations

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WiscSports1
Bench Warmer
And1: 499

Re: Drew Gooden Trade Destinations 

Post#41 » by WiscSports1 » Sun Jul 8, 2012 6:56 pm

I want to get rid of Gooden by any means, but I'm not sacrificing a future first to do it. We all hate the guy, but he doesn't have negative value. Bad contract for bad contract.

I'm sick of giving up assets to fix mistakes on this roster.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#42 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Jul 8, 2012 7:34 pm

Drew Gooden to the Nuggets for Chris Anderson.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#43 » by WiscoKing13 » Sun Jul 8, 2012 7:38 pm

I guess the one thing I forget about when were talking about amnestying gooden is that other teams can then bid on his services.

Can someone go over how that all works out??

If a team were to come in and bid something around 3 million a year for him, that would leave the bucks with only 10 million dollars to spend on him, which is a lot easier to deal with than the 19 million.
Allanon23
Senior
And1: 102

Post#44 » by Allanon23 » Sun Jul 8, 2012 7:39 pm

WiscSports1 wrote:I want to get rid of Gooden by any means, but I'm not sacrificing a future first to do it. We all hate the guy, but he doesn't have negative value. Bad contract for bad contract.

I'm sick of giving up assets to fix mistakes on this roster.

Yeah, if we give up a first it means we won't be able to draft our PF of the future again next year. :roll:
Oscar71
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#45 » by Oscar71 » Sun Jul 8, 2012 7:39 pm

Giving up next years first and Gooden as the 3rd. team in the Nets/Magic Howard trade would be pure Hammond. We get Hedo and someone who will be waived in return.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#46 » by Max Green » Sun Jul 8, 2012 7:41 pm

europa wrote:I'd still offer Gooden/Udrih/Udoh to the Jazz for Jefferson/Bell.

Sounds good to me.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#47 » by kid idioteque » Sun Jul 8, 2012 7:51 pm

I'd be tempted to package Henson with Gooden. Let's be honest, Henson's never going to get playing time as a Buck and he still might have real value to some teams.

Something like Ellis/Gooden/Henson for Iguodala/Turner?
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#48 » by mlloyd10 » Sun Jul 8, 2012 8:14 pm

kid idioteque wrote:I'd be tempted to package Henson with Gooden. Let's be honest, Henson's never going to get playing time as a Buck and he still might have real value to some teams.

I doubt they would do that
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,721

Post#49 » by jimmybones » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:02 pm

kid idioteque wrote:I'd be tempted to package Henson with Gooden. Let's be honest, Henson's never going to get playing time as a Buck and he still might have real value to some teams.

Ersan and 2013 1st for Turner. Doubt that's enough but I could get behind a core of Jennings, Turner, Tobes, Henson, Sanders, Udoh and Lamb.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,747

Post#50 » by Licensed to Il » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:15 pm

Denver has a ton of wings. I imagine that Gallinari or W Chandler could be had.

I would love to shop Udoh and Udrih for Gallinari. That gives them a young big, and an expiring who can play.

If they view Gallinari as a cornerstone type and are not worried about salary, then I would follow up with an offer of Gooden for W Chandler. Good young player with toughness and versatility. His numbers last year were terrible, but he had a Chinese hangover and never got caught up to speed.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#51 » by drew881 » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:19 pm

Ah yes, the Bucks sign-and-trade, where the second part is not in place.
UWM_Brew_Buck
Analyst
And1: 883

Post#52 » by UWM_Brew_Buck » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:19 pm

Amnesty
ptsuperfly
Senior
And1: 84

Post#53 » by ptsuperfly » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:21 pm

Villanoeyebrows wrote:Denver has a ton of wings. I imagine that Gallinari or W Chandler could be had.

I would love to shop Udoh and Udrih for Gallinari. That gives them a young big, and an expiring who can play.

If they view Gallinari as a cornerstone type and are not worried about salary, then I would follow up with an offer of Gooden for W Chandler. Good young player with toughness and versatility. His numbers last year were terrible, but he had a Chinese hangover and never got caught up to speed.

Both guys are liked by the organization and couldn't be had for Gooden, or probably much else, outside good picks.

Harrington and Birdland though? They'd listen.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#54 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:27 pm

I'd do Gooden for Harrington. We'll need someone to defend Bogut when he comes back to town.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#55 » by kid idioteque » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:55 pm

Tayshaun Prince was terrible last year, but if you assume he'll bounce back to some degree, I'd definitely take him to get rid of Gooden. Hollinger's analysis of Prince prior to last season was very positive.

With him and Moute on the same team, we'd probably hear this song ad nauseam, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdy_rct6uo
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#56 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sun Jul 8, 2012 10:33 pm

I'd easily take Tayshaun for Gooden. Much rather have him over Josh Childress. He forgot his game in Europe.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#57 » by jr lucosa » Sun Jul 8, 2012 10:40 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I'd do Gooden for Harrington. We'll need someone to defend Bogut when he comes back to town.

I would too. I doubt the Nuggets do.

They have almost identical contracts and statisticly (the only way Gooden is even okay) Al Harrington blew him out the water last year. But I'd do it in a second.

I'd trade Gooden for almost anyone.
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#58 » by SpursNBucks » Sun Jul 8, 2012 10:59 pm

jimmybones wrote:

Ersan and 2013 1st for Turner. Doubt that's enough but I could get behind a core of Jennings, Turner, Tobes, Henson, Sanders, Udoh and Lamb.

Turner has sucked - 6'ers fans are talking bust. Another #2 overall that hasn't worked out-add his name to the list: Thabeet, Marvin Williams, Darko Millicik, Jay WIlliams, Stromile Swift, etc His 36% shooting in the playoffs got him benched in favor of Jodie Meeks. His outside shot has not transferred from college - he shot 22% from the outside about all he does is rebound somewhat effectively playing the 2/3. Ersan is a much more valuable player.
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#59 » by SpursNBucks » Sun Jul 8, 2012 11:03 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I'd easily take Tayshaun for Gooden. Much rather have him over Josh Childress. He forgot his game in Europe.

It's a win in that it opens up time for the better PFs the Bucks have- it's also a win in that Prince would actually fill a roll with our Prince at the 3. A little reluctant because he is on the downside- but at least he had an upside to come down from.
Faede
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#60 » by Faede » Sun Jul 8, 2012 11:09 pm

I agree with Neb.

I'm totally against any trade that would bring in someone who would cause less playing time for Tobias Harris.

He is vital to our success as a franchise right now.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks