yardbarker

'13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto again! Yaaay!!)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Post#181 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:26 am by Thunder Muscle

giraldo5 wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:What about Big Dog Jr. (ie. Glenn Robinson III)? Sure would be nice to have another Glenn Robinson on this roster.


Excellent freshmen but no way he should come out right now. Has a lot of work to do. Looks like afuture 2nd round pick to me. Michigan is probably my favorite team to watch in the country.


I think he's already being projected as a mid-1st round pick in some mocks. I'm guessing he'll be closer to the lottery than a 2nd rounder.
Shameless Ambassador Club: If interested in 10% cash credit on Bucks season tickets (including Click n Pick), message me your name & email address.
Thunder Muscle




RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 10,945
And1: 232
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Top

Post#182 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:28 am by Nebula1

The Wet Whistle wrote:I think we're gonna need a top 5, maybe top 8, pick to get a guy like Goodwin.


Image

Stern's got this.. if the Bucks are sold, look for the Bucks to move up in the lottery.

IMO..

Locks for top 5:

1. Washington
2. Cleveland
3. New Orleans
4. Charlotte
5. Orlando

We are in the next tier (moves to make):

6. Sacramento (Cousins)
7. Phoenix (Gortat)
8. Milwaukee (Ilyasova, Ellis)
9. Utah (Millsap)
10. Minnesota (Love)

I think Toronto and Detroit will naturally pass us and Dallas, LAL, Boston, Philly will pass us as buyers. Curious to see what Utah and Minnesota will do given their respective positions.

Stern bounce =

Image
Terrence Jones
Nebula1
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 22,114
And1: 336
Joined: Aug 6, 2005
Location: Underground King
Top

Post#183 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:07 am by Rockmaninoff

If the Bucks would blow it up, target a top 5 pick, and somehow acquire another lotto pick, they could completely fix the backcourt - and have a young team on the path to contention.

Based upon the stats, Marcus Smart is the next great point guard prospect. I think Smart goes in the top 5 eventually. Right now and from what I look at, he's right on par with Rose and Wall as collegiate prospects.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pla ... art-1.html

Jordan Adams is criminally underrated. No one is talking about him even though he has the best numbers of any of the potential SGs in this draft. When I say best numbers/stats, I mean what typically correlates to winning. I got him right below Harden and on the same plane as Beal as a prospect.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pla ... ams-1.html

I'm also digging Glenn Robinson III. I could see the Bucks selecting him if they do nothing and maintain their mid-first round position. That would be a good pick.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pla ... son-2.html
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.
Rockmaninoff


Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,419
And1: 109
Joined: Jan 11, 2008
Top

Post#184 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:30 am by ampd

Unless the organization makes trades to force it, I don't think we pick in the top 10. Somewhere around where we were last season (12-14) is far more likely, if we even land that high.
ampd
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,384
And1: 477
Joined: Dec 6, 2010
Top

Post#185 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:53 am by ampd

What do you guys think of Michael Carter-Williams?

Will he be available in our range? Seems like adding a guard with that kind of passing ability and size next to either Jennings or Monta would be ideal?
ampd
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,384
And1: 477
Joined: Dec 6, 2010
Top

Post#186 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:52 am by VooDoo7

Zero chance we're in the lottery IMO. The east is just so damn bad. We're pretty much a lock to make the playoffs.

And I really like MCW. But he'll be gone before our pick me thinks.
Image
VooDoo7
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,748
And1: 1,129
Joined: Jan 14, 2012
Location: WI
Top

Post#187 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:45 am by PkrsBcksGphsMqt

What do you guys think of Kelly Olynyk? He has been absolutely tearing it up lately, I think he's the most talented 7 footer in the country. Most projections have him as a late first at best. I don't really understand it.
Founding member of The Cult of Giannis.


BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 17,466
And1: 1,111
Joined: Oct 26, 2005
Location: Madison
Top

Post#188 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:36 am by Nebula1

ampd wrote:Unless the organization makes trades to force it, I don't think we pick in the top 10. Somewhere around where we were last season (12-14) is far more likely, if we even land that high.


Sad but true. I like MCW although Cuse is using him as a point guard and I don't think he's fast enough to play point in the pros. If he could play 2, I'm give him a look.

But as you pointed out, the lottery is slipping away.
Terrence Jones
Nebula1
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 22,114
And1: 336
Joined: Aug 6, 2005
Location: Underground King
Top

Post#189 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:31 pm by Baddy Chuck

Looking at the draft not a whole lot interests me outside of the lottery. Trey Burk is interesting but he is A LOT like Jennings.
Image
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 27,111
And1: 2,210
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
Top

Post#190 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:35 pm by Finn

Don't see it.
Finn




Junior
User avatar
Posts: 285
And1: 50
Joined: Aug 14, 2009
Top

Post#191 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:49 pm by Lippo

1(17) : James McAdoo
2(17) : Rodney Williams

Sign Mayo/Bayless and Webster
Sign Jenning 5/45m

Jennings/Bayless/Mayo
Mayo/Webster/Lamb/Williams
McAdoo/Moute/Harris/Williams
Ersan/Henson/Gooden/Moute
Sanders/Udoh/Gooden/Henson
Lippo
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,603
And1: 59
Joined: Jun 14, 2006
Top

Post#192 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:16 pm by Treebeard

The cynic says:

Stern's got this..... Seattle/sacremento - dead mortal lock for the first pick (New ownership - see New Orleans)
:roll:
*******************************************************
http://saveourbucks.com/

“It's amazing how a little tomorrow can make up for a whole lot of yesterday.”
John Guare
Treebeard



Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,520
And1: 118
Joined: Jun 17, 2009
Location: Out in the Driftless Area
Top

Post#193 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:11 pm by mattg

Baddy Chuck wrote:Looking at the draft not a whole lot interests me outside of the lottery. Trey Burk is interesting but he is A LOT like Jennings.

Burke is probably a top 5 guy right now honestly, nowhere near our range. Don't see the Jennings comparison really either, burke is a much more cerebral player. Sort of like a poor mans Chris Paul.


MCW is really overrated too. People like him because he's 6'6 and gets a lot of assists, but hes super skinny and can't finish at the rim at all. He's a terrible shooter and his handle isn't very good either. Also turns it over a ton when racking up those assists.
mattg
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,972
And1: 179
Joined: Feb 12, 2007
Top

Post#194 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:14 pm by Baddy Chuck

From what I've seen he's pretty chuck happy from three and has a tough time in the lane and everywhere I see has him at like 15+?
Image
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 27,111
And1: 2,210
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
Top

Post#195 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:20 pm by mattg

Baddy Chuck wrote:From what I've seen he's pretty chuck happy from three and has a tough time in the lane and everywhere I see has him at like 15+?

Draft express is notoriously bad/slow updating things in season, so take their mocks and whatnot with a grain of salt. Burke is the PotY right now and Michigan has probably the best offense in the country. Burke is a really capable scorer(check his efficiency) but also a really good playmaker. He's just a complete player in general, and because he is so talented its only natural that' he'll look to score in college where he can be extremely effective in doing so. His feel for the game is really really good, probably the best since Chris Paul honestly. I think he becomes a better version of Ty Lawson in the nba.
mattg
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,972
And1: 179
Joined: Feb 12, 2007
Top

Post#196 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:27 pm by AussieBuck

Just looked up Trey Burke. That's a sexy set of numbers other than the meh steals numbers.
aol4532 wrote:what exactly is the difference between him (Bill Russell), and say a guy like Ryan Hollins, who is 20 lbs heavier and can get his head over the rim? He would get in foul trouble so quick, just trying to hold position.
AussieBuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 21,270
And1: 1,345
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
Top

Post#197 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:33 pm by The Wet Whistle

AussieBuck wrote:Just looked up Trey Burke. That's a sexy set of numbers other than the meh steals numbers.

:nod:
He's having a good season
Ill-yasova wrote:I was comfortable with my sexuality until Carlos Delfino fixed his gaze on me and I immediately became pregnant. How am I supposed to deal with that?
The Wet Whistle


Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,722
And1: 142
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
Location: Dude, where's my stealth tank?
Top

Post#198 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:37 pm by Baddy Chuck

I mean i guess I mean Jennings in the sense that he shoots too many threes and he really doesn't get into the lane much. That's where I don't get the Lawson thing. He is elite at getting to the lane and drawing fouls. Burke is pretty meh in that sense. On NBAdraft.net and Draftexpress he's outside of 15 so I guess that's what I was looking at but I guess we'll see where he ends up at the end of the year. I like 1-10 a lot, I like Burke and I like a couple second round type guys but the rest of the draft doesn't do much for me.
Image
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 27,111
And1: 2,210
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
Top

Post#199 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:38 pm by The Wet Whistle

mattg wrote:Draft express is notoriously bad/slow updating things in season, so take their mocks and whatnot with a grain of salt.

Love their write ups of players but you're right, their mocks typically suck.
mattg wrote: Burke is a really capable scorer(check his efficiency)

.628 TS% this season
Ill-yasova wrote:I was comfortable with my sexuality until Carlos Delfino fixed his gaze on me and I immediately became pregnant. How am I supposed to deal with that?
The Wet Whistle


Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,722
And1: 142
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
Location: Dude, where's my stealth tank?
Top

Post#200 Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto a
Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:46 pm by AussieBuck

Baddy Chuck wrote:I mean i guess I mean Jennings in the sense that he shoots too many threes and he really doesn't get into the lane much. That's where I don't get the Lawson thing. He is elite at getting to the lane and drawing fouls. Burke is pretty meh in that sense. On NBAdraft.net and Draftexpress he's outside of 15 so I guess that's what I was looking at but I guess we'll see where he ends up at the end of the year. I like 1-10 a lot, I like Burke and I like a couple second round type guys but the rest of the draft doesn't do much for me.

Lawson and Jennings have been very similar at FGA at the rim and FTA over their careers. Lawson doesn't finish like a lady though.
aol4532 wrote:what exactly is the difference between him (Bill Russell), and say a guy like Ryan Hollins, who is 20 lbs heavier and can get his head over the rim? He would get in foul trouble so quick, just trying to hold position.
AussieBuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 21,270
And1: 1,345
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Milwaukee Bucks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Max Green