yardbarker

Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Post#1 Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights
Sun Sep 2, 2012 4:52 pm by buckRISING



In case this was not posted, Tobias still doing work. Still looks athletic as hell and nice touch from mid.
buckRISING
Pro Prospect
Posts: 922
And1: 54
Joined: Apr 21, 2009
Location: UW Madison
Top

Post#2 Re: Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights
Sun Sep 2, 2012 6:09 pm by Fed

What!? Since when could Tobias hit that three? This is good news!
Image
Fed

Junior
User avatar
Posts: 340
And1: 307
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
Top

Post#3 Re: Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights
Sun Sep 2, 2012 7:36 pm by UWM_Brew_Buck

Cool thanks for sharing, I thought the interview in the related vids was pretty nice.
UWM_Brew_Buck



Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,155
And1: 100
Joined: Jan 26, 2009
Location: Not in the EMS Building
Top

Post#4 Re: Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights
Sun Sep 2, 2012 9:16 pm by MilBucksBackOnTop06

Uh oh...I might have misjudged this kid.

Oh.....my....goodness... Nice. Real nice. I like what I see here. Just plays with a grace and flow and now a bit of an explosion I did not realize he had.

The jumper he has worked on extending it out to 3pt range. Dare I say it, we might have something here. I am not sure a coach like Skiles can recognize it and utilize it but man he looks great on both ends here.

Has great hands and I love how he runs the floor and fills the lanes. Every Bucks player should look at how this 19 or 20 year plays in gears and can fill the lane and finish.

When he works on his initial handle and first step, and gets a head and shoulder fake to go along with it to throw off defenders, look out.

He has a iso game too which I did not know he had and is able to take some guys off the dribble and post them up and hit from mid-range.

There was one block shot here but he can grasp a team concept on defense and with the shot blockers we have all he has to do is play postional defense and get out on the break if there is a steal or block and get buckets...

After every basket you see his confidence soar. Very very intriguing my friend. Thanks. It will be fun watching him grow. Now only if we can move someone to Brooklyn for Marshon Brooks and I am all good with this team moving forward...
MilBucksBackOnTop06
RealGM
Posts: 12,839
And1: 9
Joined: Nov 10, 2005
Top

Post#5 Re: Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights
Sun Sep 2, 2012 9:27 pm by MilBucksBackOnTop06

UWM_Brew_Buck wrote:Cool thanks for sharing, I thought the interview in the related vids was pretty nice.

The kid likes to work work and work. Great to see. One of the things I saw at Tennessee was some babyfat and a body type I thought would not be able to run and adjust to the speed of the NBA.

Now with a full training camp this year as opposed to last year he should really be poised to get some serious burn if the coaching staff likes what it sees.

I remember last year he worked out and then had to sit out a week because he was dehydrated and whatnot. This year it is a complete 360. He is working on agility, core, and explosion and also his shot.

Seasoned Pro's rarely work this hard if they have their spots and contracts sealed. It is good to see Tobias working to prepare for the season. The Bucks have a keeper here.

The jumper looks more fluid and release point is perfectly in sync with the elevation on the shot. One thing I saw too that I liked was the nose for the ball. I saw a few offensive put backs on loose balls and following the shots.

Young people today do not always follow their shots and get the ball back up near the rim off loose ball scrambles like I saw here. Quick reaction, good hands to pick the ball up and then know where you are to go up stong on the putback.

Encouraging.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
RealGM
Posts: 12,839
And1: 9
Joined: Nov 10, 2005
Top

Post#6 Re: Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights
Sun Sep 2, 2012 9:36 pm by MilBucksBackOnTop06

Fed wrote:What!? Since when could Tobias hit that three? This is good news!

If you have the great Dale Ellis tutoring you you have to improve. Dale Ellis and Reggie Miller and Ray Allen and perhaps Brian Winters some of my favorite all time shooters.

Dale played with the Bucks for a year or so didn't he? Ellis was a sniper type jump shooter from long range. He could really light it up...

Keep working with Dale and he will be more then ok.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
RealGM
Posts: 12,839
And1: 9
Joined: Nov 10, 2005
Top

Post#7 Re: Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights
Mon Sep 3, 2012 11:15 am by VooDoo7

Carmelo 2.0.

Looks like all that baby fat is gone. He doesn't get much lift on his jumper. But he does have a pretty quick release that may off-set that.

Skiles better get the kid some significant playing time this year!
Image
VooDoo7
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,747
And1: 1,128
Joined: Jan 14, 2012
Location: WI
Top

Post#8 Re: Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights
Mon Sep 3, 2012 6:04 pm by Wise1

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Uh oh...I might have misjudged this kid.

Oh.....my....goodness... Nice. Real nice. I like what I see here. Just plays with a grace and flow and now a bit of an explosion I did not realize he had.

The jumper he has worked on extending it out to 3pt range. Dare I say it, we might have something here. I am not sure a coach like Skiles can recognize it and utilize it but man he looks great on both ends here.

Has great hands and I love how he runs the floor and fills the lanes. Every Bucks player should look at how this 19 or 20 year plays in gears and can fill the lane and finish.

When he works on his initial handle and first step, and gets a head and shoulder fake to go along with it to throw off defenders, look out.

He has a iso game too which I did not know he had and is able to take some guys off the dribble and post them up and hit from mid-range.

There was one block shot here but he can grasp a team concept on defense and with the shot blockers we have all he has to do is play postional defense and get out on the break if there is a steal or block and get buckets...

After every basket you see his confidence soar. Very very intriguing my friend. Thanks. It will be fun watching him grow. Now only if we can move someone to Brooklyn for Marshon Brooks and I am all good with this team moving forward...


Liked everything you said until you mentioned that scrub Marshon Brooks.
Any GM that takes Andrew Wiggins #1 overall has got to be out of his damn mind.
Wise1
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 17,989
And1: 92
Joined: Jun 27, 2005
Location: Devouring worlds.
Top

Post#9 Re: Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights
Mon Sep 3, 2012 8:11 pm by MikeIsGood

Good god, please release the Tobes this season.
paul wrote:Not kidding, I missed most of the second overtime cleaning up with handy wipes, much like twirl.
MikeIsGood



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 20,328
And1: 93
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Sloane!
Top

Post#10 Re: Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights
Mon Sep 3, 2012 9:10 pm by Ayt

We all know Tobes can Tobes.

D was sick in this game, BTW. They are lucky someone didn't get hurt.
Ayt
RealGM
Posts: 44,459
And1: 1,729
Joined: Jun 27, 2005
Top

Post#11 Re: Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights
Mon Sep 3, 2012 9:46 pm by pe_it72

VooDoo7 wrote:Carmelo 2.0.

Looks like all that baby fat is gone. He doesn't get much lift on his jumper. But he does have a pretty quick release that may off-set that.

Skiles better get the kid some significant playing time this year!


Everyone says Carmelo, I dont think he has as good of a handle as Melo.
pe_it72
Junior
Posts: 497
And1: 27
Joined: Dec 5, 2011
Top

Post#12 Re: Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights
Mon Sep 3, 2012 10:14 pm by jr lucosa

I love what I have seen from Tobes, time to give him real rotation minutes this year.
Image
jr lucosa




Forum Mod
Forum Mod
User avatar
Posts: 10,946
And1: 653
Joined: Jul 10, 2008
Top

Post#13 Re: Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights
Tue Sep 4, 2012 6:02 pm by Nebula1

Awesome. Thanks for posting.
Terrence Jones
Nebula1
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 22,114
And1: 336
Joined: Aug 6, 2005
Location: Underground King
Top


Return to Milwaukee Bucks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A Diddy2231, JayMKE, SOUL, Sycamore93