yardbarker

OT - General College Basketball

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Post#941 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:03 pm by LUKE23

Today basically showed how good the Badgers are when they shoot well. Undefeated when shooting over 45%, which isn't even scorching. I realize this team is limited offensively, but they'll be in every game, hopefully this can be the year they get hot in the tourney from 3.
Jim Paschke ‏@Paschketball 6 Apr
I just wish everyone could enjoy the ride. I see both sides believe me. Seed and situation never concern me. It's in or out. That's all


#8 seed first round series W-L since 1983-84: 4-56
LUKE23




RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 64,349
And1: 1,124
Joined: May 25, 2005
Location: Stunville
Top

Post#942 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:15 pm by BUCKnation

I'll admit that I questioned them making the tourney this, but ever since the start of big ten play they seem like a different team.

I feel like with the parity in college bball atm, UW or MU can easily make a run. I think both teams can beat any team they face, especially UW.
BUCKnation




General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 9,497
And1: 229
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
Top

Post#943 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:51 pm by El Duderino

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Marquette is back in first place in the Big East, along with Georgetown. Buzz has done a hell of a job this year and Vander has finally turned into the player everyone hoped he would.


Pretty much everything to do with his vast improvement offensively is that Vander can finally hit jumpers consistently, even with his his still funky shooting mechanics. I'll admit to being surprised by just how much more his jumper is falling because i seriously questioned whether he'd ever be a consistent scorer unless he made a big change to those shooting mechanics. He always had been unselfish offensively, a solid passer, good at slashing the paint, and a quality defender.

I really gotta hand it to both Buzz and Bo Ryan. Going into the season and after watching early games for each team, for the first time in awhile, i had real doubts as to whether either team would make the big dance. Yet, here Marquette sits 18-6 and 9-3 in conference play, while Wisconsin is 18-8/9-4. Each has at least some shot of winning their conference, but odds being against it.

Given i'm old enough to remember both programs being in extended stretches of irrelevancy, it's so nice to now see both being run by coaches that each year are a near lock to put teams on the floor which win 20 plus games and make the NCAA Tournament. Not only that, both coaches have a nice recruiting class coming in next year.
El Duderino
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 17,071
And1: 307
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: Working on pad level
Top

Post#944 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:23 pm by bullox

Good to see Amadeo Della Valle get some PT for Ohio State today. That makes 5 true freshman from Findlay Prep last year getting time this year in D1: Anthony Bennett (UNLV) Brandon Ashley (Arizona) Dominic Artis (Oregon) Winston Shephard (San DIego St). And the straw that stirred their drink last year is still playing at Findlay, PG Nigel Williams-Goss. He's a solid player to keep an eye on in the future. Not a top of the draft guy but should be decent.
bullox
Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,601
And1: 323
Joined: Jul 23, 2009
Location: Desert
Top

Post#945 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:18 am by PkrsBcksGphsMqt

El Duderino wrote:
PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Marquette is back in first place in the Big East, along with Georgetown. Buzz has done a hell of a job this year and Vander has finally turned into the player everyone hoped he would.


Pretty much everything to do with his vast improvement offensively is that Vander can finally hit jumpers consistently, even with his his still funky shooting mechanics. I'll admit to being surprised by just how much more his jumper is falling because i seriously questioned whether he'd ever be a consistent scorer unless he made a big change to those shooting mechanics. He always had been unselfish offensively, a solid passer, good at slashing the paint, and a quality defender.

I really gotta hand it to both Buzz and Bo Ryan. Going into the season and after watching early games for each team, for the first time in awhile, i had real doubts as to whether either team would make the big dance. Yet, here Marquette sits 18-6 and 9-3 in conference play, while Wisconsin is 18-8/9-4. Each has at least some shot of winning their conference, but odds being against it.

Given i'm old enough to remember both programs being in extended stretches of irrelevancy, it's so nice to now see both being run by coaches that each year are a near lock to put teams on the floor which win 20 plus games and make the NCAA Tournament. Not only that, both coaches have a nice recruiting class coming in next year.


Both have gone to back-to-back Sweet 16's too. I wouldn't be surprised if they each made it 3 trips in a row this year.
Founding member of The Cult of Giannis.


BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 17,466
And1: 1,111
Joined: Oct 26, 2005
Location: Madison
Top

Post#946 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:23 pm by DocHoliday

Oladipo have it all
DocHoliday



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,747
And1: 872
Joined: Jun 29, 2007
Location: La Villa Strangiato
Top

Post#947 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:30 pm by Turk Nowitzki

That was one of the most intense college basketball games I've ever seen.
Turk Nowitzki



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 14,048
And1: 546
Joined: Feb 26, 2010
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Palace
Top

Post#948 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:57 pm by PkrsBcksGphsMqt

Founding member of The Cult of Giannis.


BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 17,466
And1: 1,111
Joined: Oct 26, 2005
Location: Madison
Top

Post#949 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:46 am by books

I think that Oladipo guy is going in the top 5. He's like Wade was at MU.
books



Sixth Man
Posts: 1,789
And1: 45
Joined: Jan 25, 2008
Top

Post#950 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:21 am by emunney

Image

Image
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
emunney
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 30,191
And1: 1,831
Joined: Feb 21, 2005
Location: Trusting in Thannies
Top

Post#951 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 pm by HaroldinGMinor

Oladipo should go #1 in the draft. Whoever passes him up is gonna have some serious Sam Bowie Syndrome in a few years.
HaroldinGMinor




Senior
User avatar
Posts: 587
And1: 150
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
Top

Post#952 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:37 pm by trwi7

This is pretty awesome and I'm almost positive that's Scott Van Pelt in front of the guys in suits.

stellation wrote:"What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."
trwi7





RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 86,399
And1: 3,943
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
Top

Post#953 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:40 pm by Kerb Hohl

The quote supporting that Geno touching her buttox is great. Just rambling about how she likes to date Italian guys or something.

But after the game, one of the paper's reporters asked Auriemma about it. Because the photo just looks so ... odd. This was Auriemma's explanation:

"She was staring at my butt and she was commenting on it and I said, ‘Really? How about yours?' and she went, `Yeah, look at it,' and I went (slap), I'll teach you a lesson,'' Auriemma said, jokingly. `And then she started talking about how she only dated Italians her whole life and that she wanted me to set her up with some Italians and I said `The Italians I send to see you aren't going to date you.' We've had a long and great relationship since, gosh, she was an assistant at Louisiana Tech. It goes back a long ways.

"She's just a big pain in the butt. That's all there is to it.''
GrendonJennings wrote:2011-2012: 32-34
2012-2013: 42-40
2013-2014: 39-43
2014-2015: 44-38
2015-2016: 35-47
2016-2017: 40-42
2017-2018: (Las Vegas)
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 20,284
And1: 264
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?
Top

Post#954 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:52 pm by BUCKnation

trwi7 wrote:This is pretty awesome and I'm almost positive that's Scott Van Pelt in front of the guys in suits.


That is indeed awesome.

Also, definitely SVP.
BUCKnation




General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 9,497
And1: 229
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
Top

Post#955 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:59 pm by Kerb Hohl

Damnit, Tubby is gonna get fired.
GrendonJennings wrote:2011-2012: 32-34
2012-2013: 42-40
2013-2014: 39-43
2014-2015: 44-38
2015-2016: 35-47
2016-2017: 40-42
2017-2018: (Las Vegas)
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 20,284
And1: 264
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?
Top

Post#956 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 pm by Nebula1

Oklahoma State hosting Kansas. Big test for the Cowboys.
Terrence Jones
Nebula1
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 22,114
And1: 336
Joined: Aug 6, 2005
Location: Underground King
Top

Post#957 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:14 pm by Ill-yasova

BUCKnation wrote:
trwi7 wrote:This is pretty awesome and I'm almost positive that's Scott Van Pelt in front of the guys in suits.


That is indeed awesome.

Also, definitely SVP.

That was pretty cool. OK, you guys can play in the Big 10.
Image
Ill-yasova
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 10,038
And1: 570
Joined: Jul 13, 2006
Top

Post#958 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:15 pm by Turk Nowitzki

I know Northwestern is missing some key guys, but holy crap are they awful.
Turk Nowitzki



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 14,048
And1: 546
Joined: Feb 26, 2010
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Palace
Top

Post#959 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:18 pm by stellation

emunney wrote:Image

Is that a travel?
stellation
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 7,352
And1: 646
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Location: *inaudible*
Top

Post#960 Re: OT - General College Basketball
Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:18 pm by Ill-yasova

Dekker pulled after 35 seconds :)
Image
Ill-yasova
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 10,038
And1: 570
Joined: Jul 13, 2006
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Milwaukee Bucks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: austuf, FrieAaron