ImageImage

OT - General College Basketball

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Re: OT - General College Basketball 

Post#561 » by KidA24 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:56 am

trwi7 wrote:Should probably sync up the clocks.

That happens in every stadium across the country (and was part of the reason for the extra long review on Evan's 3 vs MSU last year in OT). The only clock that matters is the shot clock. Not the one on ribbon boards or the scoreboard.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#562 » by whatthe_buck!? » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:59 am

:lol: That's f*cked up. Personally I thought Jackson's finger was still barely touching ball when the shot clock hit zero so Minny should prolly feel kinda like they got screwed already, that still showing the clocks weren't even synced can't help lol. Then again they did get the make up call on the other end and couldn't hit the foul shots so that evens it out somewhat I guess...
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#563 » by whatthe_buck!? » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:01 am

KidA24 wrote:

That happens in every stadium across the country (and was part of the reason for the extra long review on Evan's 3 vs MSU last year in OT). The only clock that matters is the shot clock. Not the one on ribbon boards or the scoreboard.

Good to know. I somehow never noticed that before. Disregard my last post...
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#564 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:03 pm

Akron is set to put their men's basketball twitter handle on the back of their jerseys.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... ir-jerseys

I think the Bucks should put @Bucks on the front of their jerseys. It would generate some buzz at least.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#565 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:05 am

Vander Blue is starting to blow up. Marquette tied with Syracuse atop the Big East.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,887

Post#566 » by BUCKnation » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:49 am

Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,818

Post#567 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:57 am

^^^ gif of the year already? There are so many different, but equally hilarious reactions in that.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#568 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:32 am

Came here to post that gif and link. That is simply wonderful. The reaction from the old white dude up front makes it, IMO.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#569 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:51 am

That blonde behind the right shoulder of the old guy looks pretty hot.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#570 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:27 pm

That is an amazing gif. Some of my favorite reactions are the guy in the striped shirt rapid firing F bombs, the girl behind him in the blue shirt's reaction, and then the girl behind her almost falling down as a result of her screaming F-you.

I don't think i've ever seen so many F bombs and middle fingers in one gif.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#571 » by emunney » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:56 pm

I like the guy who comes in from the left side of the frame in a white hat who's shaking his middle finger hey ya style.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#572 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:05 pm

The black guy in the white shirt who's cheesing the whole time cracks me up, too.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#573 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:25 pm

Deadspin has gotten hold of a career services e-mail from Gonzaga Law School, where I attended my first year before transferring to Marquette. As you can see, they have a first rate career services department. :lol:

How To Ace That Interview You Have With A Gonzaga Alum

If you are not already turned off by the lousy job prospects and insane expense, what you are about to read will turn you off from that silly "maybe I'll go to law school" thought you had. This is what it does to you. It destroys yo until you become some insane, ambitious robot walking around talking, but not really listening, about outlines and internships and "my partner actually lets me draft his correspondence." You don't even realize it's happened until it's too late and you've turned college basketball into a checklist of facts to be used to not ruin a job interview. Without even a trace of irony.

A real person is behind the email you are about to read. He or she has feelings and thoughts and even dreams. Yet, here is this email. It seems impossible to reconcile, but then you remember a real person was behind Vader's mask, too.

Anyway, here is a quick and easy field guide to not screwing up an interview at some soul-crushing Spokane, WA law firm.
Dear Students:

Whether you are networking or interviewing, a future employer may ask you "How about those Zags?!" Why you certainly don't need to be a basketball fan to get a job, I'd caution you against replying "Uh, no idea—I don't follow basketball." Why? Because the person asking you the question is trying to get a conversation going with you and you don't want to bring it to a screeching halt. Whether or not you are a fan, Gonzaga basketball is being talked about a lot right now-across the nation. Because we want you to be well-prepared for any situation, I asked a team of Zag experts (Dean Sklut, SBA (blank), Prof. Gilmer, Registrar Robbie McMillan, and Dean's Asst. Stephanie Conlin) to prepare the following "basketball CliffsNotes" for your convenience:

ZAGS BASKETBALL TALKING POINTS

1) Currently ranked 7th (check prior to interview - http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings)

2) Yes, David Stockton is John Stockton's son and both attended Gonzaga Prep. High School in Spokane.

3) Head coach Mark Few is always on the short-list when positions at "high profile" schools come available however Coach Few enjoys GU and Spokane and doesn't seem anxious to leave.

4) Gonzaga continues to have great success recruiting outside of the US. Current starters include 2 Canadians, 1 German, and 1 player originally from the Ivory Coast who grew up in France. In addition our 7'1" freshman center is from Poland and cancelled a recruiting trip to Duke after visiting Spokane last year.

5) 4 former Zags currently play in the NBA (Ronny Turiaf, Robert Sacre, Austen Daye, and Jeremy Pargo.)

6) Current Zags Elias Harris, Kelly Olynyk, and Kevin Pangos are being mentioned as candidates for national post-season awards.

7) The women's team has had more success than the men's team in recent years, reaching the Sweet 16 in each of the last 3 years and advancing to the Elite 8 in 2011.

8) The Zags have appeared in 14 straight NCAA Tournaments. During that time the Zags have advanced to 5 Sweet 16s but only once moved on to the Elite 8 (1999).

9) The Zags play in the West Coast Conference (WCC) and our two biggest conference rivals at present time are St. Mary's and BYU.

10) Law students are entitled to tickets just as the undergrads are however law students must also wait in lines (and often in tents) with the undergrads which makes it challenging from a scheduling stand-point.

11) Gonzaga undergraduate enrollment is approximately 4400 which makes it much smaller than most other traditional basketball powers.

Go Zags!
(Blank)
(Blank)
Director, Center for Professional Development
Gonzaga University School of Law
721 N. Cincinnati St., Rm 142
Spokane, WA 99220
xxx-xxx-xxxx
(blank)
http://www.law.gonzaga.edu/Career-Services/default.asp
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,278

Post#574 » by Wooderson » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:22 am

As bad as Evans/Jackson are on O, they've been absolutely smothering on D. Dekker still continues to be underutilized on offense in the short time he's on the court.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#575 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:41 am

Just turned the game on, it's amazing how Wisconsin can keep a game extremely low scoring no matter who they are playing.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#576 » by jeremyd236 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:04 am

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Just turned the game on, it's amazing how Wisconsin can keep a game extremely low scoring no matter who they are playing.

Yep, no matter how we're playing, we take the other team out of their element and play our way. Makes every game we play winnable, no matter how outmatched in talent. That's been the story this whole year...or really Bo's entire coaching career at the UW.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#577 » by KidA24 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:11 am

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Just turned the game on, it's amazing how Wisconsin can keep a game extremely low scoring no matter who they are playing.

They make teams play defense, and they play great defense. They're 23rd in the country in points per possession.

I understand how people would rather watch run and gun and bricks and turnovers.... but I love watching guys who make the extra pass and don't play boring isolation hoops.

Also, I hate Aaron Craft.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,818

Post#578 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:18 am

Why the **** does Ryan Evans have the most attempted shots of anyone on the team tonight? 1-9 from the field, he has been unbelievably bad on offense this year.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#579 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:23 am

That Evans "post move" was hilariously terrible.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#580 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:24 am

Just came here to also point out that Ryan Evans is ****** all over our offense.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks