ImageImage

OT - General College Basketball

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Re: OT - General College Basketball 

Post#286 » by DH34Phan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:49 am

trwi7 wrote:2,797 watched the game at Reliant Stadium between UCLA and Texas yesterday. :lol:

Does that include the team, media, arena employees, etc.? Because unless the other side has significantly more people, there can't be almost 3,000 people in those stands.
bullox
Banned User
And1: 522

Post#287 » by bullox » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:45 am

That photo looks like a practice. Coach on the floor, players in warmups, etc. I'd imagine it filled up a little more before tip off, although not much apparently.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#288 » by Badgerlander » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion

Worst free throw shot I've ever seen....RT if you laughed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-MW5tkT ... e=youtu.be
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#289 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:43 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion

Worst free throw shot I've ever seen....RT if you laughed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-MW5tkT ... e=youtu.be

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Too amazing not to share. Worst free throw ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... -MW5tkTWtQ

8-)
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#290 » by Badgerlander » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:49 pm

Whoops, busted, I always get irritated when somebody does that to me, lol.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#291 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:16 pm

No worries, it's a hilarious video.
bullox
Banned User
And1: 522

Post#292 » by bullox » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:40 am

bullox (12/2) wrote:Really impressed with Anthony Bennett so far this year at UNLV. He had an NBA-ready body last year as a senior at Findlay Prep here in Henderson, NV. He is currently 6'8" 240 with room to add strength. Long arms, runs the floor like a deer, always bringing energy and the production to go with it. Also averaging 2.2 blocks a game so far. Athletic enough for a 3, probably best suited for the 4, but I really like his game.

He's now getting the recognition he deserves.

Ford (12/10): Prospect on the Rise

Ford : Anthony Bennett, F, UNLV Rebels

Coming into the season, we wrote that Bennett had a chance to be a one-and-done lottery pick. His offensive versatility, along with his NBA strength and elite athleticism all seemed to point toward a bright future in the NBA. He also was going to have an opportunity to step in and get major minutes at UNLV as he was the team's best recruit since Larry Johnson.

Early on, we were alone in that opinion. Some scouts questioned if he was a tweener, but that was the only real knock on his game. Few other media outlets had Bennett as a first-round pick in June, let alone a potential lottery pick. But eight games into his freshman season and that has totally changed. He has been the best freshman in college basketball and had a strong coming-out party against Cal on Sunday, scoring 25 points, grabbing 13 rebounds and willing the banged-up Rebels to a tough road victory.

Bennett has been consistently strong so far this season -- he hasn't shot below 50 percent from the field and has yet to play a bad game. In terms of pure NBA talent, he has been the most impressive player in college basketball.

His lack of elite size (6-8, 240) probably will keep him out of the discussion for the No. 1 pick, but in my mind he has been as good or better than any of the players we've mentioned who could be the top pick in the draft.

Bilas (12/5): Nation's Top 5 Big Men

Anthony Bennett, UNLV Rebels

Another in a long line of Canadian players in college basketball, Bennett has been arguably the best freshman big man in the country. Bennett is a power player who can get off the floor with force and finish in traffic. He is physically intimidating (6-8, 240 pounds), and has a knack for rebounding and scoring. Plus, he can step away or overpower defenders with deep post position.

After only six games, Bennett is leading UNLV in scoring, offensive rebounding and blocked shots, and he has shot twice as many free throws as the next Rebel on the stat sheet. Bennett is averaging 18.8 points, 7.8 rebounds and 2.2 blocked shots per game while shooting 55 percent from the floor and 78 percent from the free throw line. He has made five 3-point field goals and half of his rebounds are offensive boards (averaging 3.8 offensive rebounds per game).

I don't care what the current rotation is. I want this player on the Bucks.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#293 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Sounds like the Big East basketball-only schools are getting serious about potentially splitting and creating their own conference. I would be a huge fan of this and would hope they could lure some other quality basketball-only schools to make an elite basketball conference.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... ources-say

The seven Big East Catholic, non-FBS schools met with Big East commissioner Mike Aresco on Sunday to express their concerns for the direction of the conference, multiple Big East sources confirmed to ESPN.com on Monday.

Sources said the New York meeting was the first among the seven schools (Marquette, DePaul, St. John's, Georgetown, Providence, Seton Hall and Villanova) and ultimately could lead to them splitting from the Big East's football members.

Sources said the seven schools discussed a number of options but most importantly wanted to have "lots of dialogue to better understand the best course of action for the future." Another source said no decision was made on what future action to take.

"It's too early to say on that," said a source.

At issue is whether the Big East basketball-only schools have the power to dissolve the league, and retain all the assets and brand name. A source with knowledge of the situation said that until July 1, the seven have the majority votes and the necessary three-fourths to have controlling power. There are only three remaining football members -- Connecticut, Cincinnati and South Florida.

But a number of sources couldn't confirm whether Temple, which is a football-only member this season, has a controlling vote. One Big East source said Temple has a vote on football issues but wasn't sure whether the Owls could use that vote for membership. If the Owls could, Temple likely would be the fourth vote preventing any dissolving of the league.

The seven schools are concerned about the additions of full members Memphis, Temple, Tulane, Central Florida, SMU and Houston, and football-only member East Carolina over the next two years to replace departing Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, Rutgers and Notre Dame.

"The basketball schools are not thrilled with Tulane and what they will do to the league's RPI," said a league source from a football-playing member. "They were not all that excited with that addition."

The source added that "the basketball schools would have fallen off the ledge if we would have added East Carolina as a full member and what that would have done to the basketball league."

At Sunday's meeting, which was earlier reported by Ajerseyguy.com, the seven basketball-only schools wanted to secure the best possible television deal. Aresco was there to soothe any concerns about the prospects of a new deal.

Last week, CBSSports.com reported the Big East's media rights deal is expected to bring between $60 million and $80 million, which would actually provide the basketball schools less revenue than the current deal. Based on those figures, the basketball schools would earn only $1.06 million (based on the $60 million estimate) or $1.41 million (based on the $80 million estimate). They currently annually receive $1.5 million from the league's media rights deal.

The problem for the Catholic seven would be that if they were to venture off without taking the assets and brand name, they would forfeit all the NCAA tournament revenue from the conference and would be left without any start-up to form a new conference. Then, of course, the seven schools would have to attempt to lure Atlantic-10 members Xavier, Dayton, Saint Louis, Butler and possibly Creighton, the latter out of the Missouri Valley, to form a city league that would stretch from St. Louis to Chicago to Milwaukee to Indianapolis to Cincinnati to Dayton to Providence to New York-New Jersey to Philadelphia to Washington, D.C.

Of course, the A-10 could try to poach the departing schools before it would suffer a grab by this possible new conglomerate.

Sources said the schools are banking on luring more lucrative television dollars with these media markets rather than continuing to see the league watered down.

A basketball split, which has been rumored for years, would send shockwaves throughout the rest of the potential Big East members, especially football-only members such as Boise State and San Diego State, which are scheduled to leave the Mountain West for an expected, but now uncertain, bigger media rights payday in the Big East. Boise State and San Diego State will have to put their non-football sports in the Big West.

Syracuse and Pitt are leaving the Big East for the ACC in 2013. Notre Dame is attempting to get out of the conference early as well but might have to wait until 2014. Louisville is expected to join the ACC in 2014 and Rutgers to join the Big Ten in 2014.

Cincinnati and Connecticut publicly attempted to get into the ACC but Louisville was chosen over those two schools last month.

"The league was not happy the way Cincinnati and UConn reacted to the news they were not selected by the ACC," a Big East source said.

The seven Catholic schools have sat idle the past year, assuming the defections wouldn't crush the league, but that was before the most recent departures of Louisville and Rutgers.

"I still think it will take a lot for them to split away," a league source said.

Meanwhile, a source with knowledge of the Big East's deal with Madison Square Garden told ESPN.com that MSG is "covered" and can get out of the contract if the league continues to change its membership.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#294 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:40 pm

Wisconsin and Marquette are both in as 10 seeds according to Lunardi's latest bracketology.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... eration/24
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#295 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:08 am

Rodney Williams just had his 3rd career 360 dunk. It was probably his best yet.

http://btn.com/video/?select=NXO0CukkPj0Y
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#296 » by Nebula1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:35 am

Baylor slowly getting their game together.

I wish Quincy Miller would have stayed.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#297 » by stellation » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:44 am

Matty Dellavedova is averaging about on 20 ppg/6 apg now, and has just had his second straight game with 30+ points and 7+ assists. Kid is legit.
#FreeChuckDiesel
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#298 » by blazza18 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:02 am

stellation wrote:Matty Dellavedova is averaging about on 20 ppg/6 apg now, and has just had his second straight game with 30+ points and 7+ assists. Kid is legit.

For a white guy... :lol: I like him in the Olympics.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#299 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:15 am

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Sounds like the Big East basketball-only schools are getting serious about potentially splitting and creating their own conference. I would be a huge fan of this and would hope they could lure some other quality basketball-only schools to make an elite basketball conference.

This is a no- **** -brainer, and should happen sooner rather than later if they know what's good for them.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#300 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:54 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Sounds like the Big East basketball-only schools are getting serious about potentially splitting and creating their own conference. I would be a huge fan of this and would hope they could lure some other quality basketball-only schools to make an elite basketball conference.

This is a no- **** -brainer, and should happen sooner rather than later if they know what's good for them.

Andy Katz had a story yesterday about how Gonzaga would like to get in on an all basketball super conference as well. I'd like to see a league with the following teams...

Marquette, Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, DePaul, Providence, Seton Hall, Xavier, Gonzaga, Butler, Saint Louis, and VCU.

I think that conference definitely stacks up to the rest of the BCS conferences in terms of quality and depth of basketball programs.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#301 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:31 pm

Dekker 10.0 points per game @ .574 TS in only 22.5 mpg. Might want to get him more minutes and shots.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#302 » by Jollay » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:57 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Andy Katz had a story yesterday about how Gonzaga would like to get in on an all basketball super conference as well. I'd like to see a league with the following teams...

Marquette, Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, DePaul, Providence, Seton Hall, Xavier, Gonzaga, Butler, Saint Louis, and VCU.

I think that conference definitely stacks up to the rest of the BCS conferences in terms of quality and depth of basketball programs.

As a George Mason grad, I can tell you we're praying Marquette and the others somehow include us...that's why we've been scrimmaging Marquette, in an effort to build ties.

It's a longshot though. Will be very interesting to see what happens to the BE7 and the A-10 from this though.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#303 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:41 am

Sounds like Marquette and the Catholic schools are leaving. I love it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#304 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:14 am

Good. I hope this somehow **** up the conference to the fullest and the football portion falls apart, too.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#305 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:07 am

Agreed. I hope the entire conf dissolves and the bball schools can keep the big east brand.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks