yardbarker

ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Post#586 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:22 am by emunney

I saw Ric Bucher correcting himself on twitter yesterday. I wonder if Larry Coon himself got to him or just one of the billions of people who have access to the information he's assembled.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 1,817

Post#587 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:07 pm by ampd

Wow are the Pacers terrible without Granger. Nobody gave that dude any credit either. Doesn't help that Hibbert has done nothing either
ampd
RealGM
And1: 477

Post#588 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:14 pm by ReasonablySober

Ayt wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Interesting note from Bucher.

Maybe my astute Tweeples know this, but I can assure you some team personnel do not: if you offer an Asik-or-Lin type deal to an RFA with the money stacked in one particular year, those are the terms for the incumbent team matching it. Rockets, though, don't have to pay it out that way or have it count against their cap as such -- Asik, I'm told, is getting $8 million a year for three years, not the $5m-$5m-$14m as written in the offer sheet the Bulls had to match. Or so a confab of two GMs told me in person. Hard to see why every RFA contract here on out won't be constructed with pain-in-the-$%^* terms.

Wow.

Bucher is a **** moron. This only applies to RFA's who qualify for the Arenas' rule. How is this guy paid to cover the NBA? There are strict guidelines as to how contracts can be structured.

The Arenas rule rarely comes up because it only applies to 2nd round picks and undrafted guys who blow up. Houston just happened to have signed two of them in one offseason in Asik and Lin. It could not come up again for several more seasons because it is so rare for a 2nd rounder or undrafted guy to blow up to the point that they'll be offered more than the MLE on their second contract as an RFA.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q44

Bucher is paid big bucks to cover the NBA and he can't take the 5 minutes or less it should take to read and understand that rule?

I don't think he's paid much anymore. He's a radio host in San Francisco now.
ReasonablySober

RealGM
And1: 1,696

Post#589 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:46 pm by CanadaBucks

Who's going to trade for Calderon and what can the Raps get for him. 18 assists today, 4 games before that 9, 10, 17 and 11. Utah could use him but what could they offer?
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 186

Post#590 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:33 pm by CanadaBucks

Klank is back. Thompson with one game this year shooting better than 40%. 15.2 FGA/gm and 15.1/ppg.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#591 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:47 pm by randy84

Take a look at A. Blatche's numbers today!
randy84
General Manager
And1: 453

Post#592 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:04 pm by paul

CanadaBucks wrote:Klank is back. Thompson with one game this year shooting better than 40%. 15.2 FGA/gm and 15.1/ppg.

That doesn't even describe how bad he's been, this must be the worst shooting slump since he reached double figures in age.

Say what you want about that Warriors team but they are mega competitive. They are over .500 and have just come back from down 20 to give the Thunder everything they can handle at home despite Bogut being out, Rush being out and getting virtually zero from Curry and Thompson all season long.
paul
RealGM
And1: 628

Post#593 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:05 pm by CanadaBucks

paul wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:Klank is back. Thompson with one game this year shooting better than 40%. 15.2 FGA/gm and 15.1/ppg.

That doesn't even describe how bad he's been, this must be the worst shooting slump since he reached double figures in age.

Say what you want about that Warriors team but they are mega competitive. They are over .500 and have just come back from down 20 to give the Thunder everything they can handle at home despite Bogut being out and getting virtually zero from Curry and Thompson all season long.

Just got to wonder with Thompson was last year the norm or this year?
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#594 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:07 pm by blazza18

Klay has been sick the past few games. I guess that hasn't helped either. He'll be fine.

Warriors make the stupidest errors yet they stay in games.
blazza18

RealGM
And1: 3,272

Post#595 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:08 pm by paul

CanadaBucks wrote:
paul wrote:

Say what you want about that Warriors team but they are mega competitive. They are over .500 and have just come back from down 20 to give the Thunder everything they can handle at home despite Bogut being out and getting virtually zero from Curry and Thompson all season long.

Just got to wonder with Thompson was last year the norm or this year?

The norm?

A guy with a jumper that good just doesn't miss the wide open shots he has this season. He's in a putrid shooting slump, but there's no way the putrid slump is 'the norm'.
paul
RealGM

Post#596 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:12 pm by Baddy Chuck

Yeah it's been 9 games, let's not go overboard. He's a young player without a lot of time under his belt, it's not like we have 5 years of data to throw him under the bus with.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck

RealGM
And1: 2,187

Post#597 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:15 pm by CanadaBucks

A guy with a jumper that good

But you're basing it on 1/2 a season. He wasn't playing that much prior to the trade. Shooters come and shooters go........Todd Day shot 43% his first year and never hit that again. I'm not trying to say he sucks, I'm just saying there's no concrete evidence whether he's closer to a 36% shooter or a 44% shooter

On a brighter note the Pistons laying a beating on the Cs
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#598 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:24 pm by blazza18

Have you actually watched Klay shoot ? It really is good and so smooth. He just isn't hitting it atm. I think it was the same at the start of last season too.
blazza18

RealGM
And1: 3,272

Post#599 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:24 pm by Nebula1

Good game going in Portland with Chicago in town. Also Houston @ LAL about to start.
Terrence Jones
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 336

Post#600 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:25 pm by LUKE23

I see only 10 teams in the East that even have a shot at the playoffs, and Atlanta and Indiana are really, really iffy as numbers nine and ten. Man the East sucks. I'd say homecourt is a realistic goal for the Bucks, honestly, which amazes me to say.
Jim Paschke ‏@Paschketball 6 Apr
I just wish everyone could enjoy the ride. I see both sides believe me. Seed and situation never concern me. It's in or out. That's all

#8 seed first round series W-L since 1983-84: 4-56
LUKE23

RealGM
And1: 1,119

Post#601 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:28 pm by CanadaBucks

blazza18 wrote:Have you actually watched Klay shoot ? It really is good and so smooth. He just isn't hitting it atm. I think it was the same at the start of last season too.

I think people jump to conclusions about players based on small sample sizes in different situations. He was good last year as the number 2 and number 1 option(when Lee was shut down)on a tanking team.

And again, I'm not saying he sucks I am saying maybe people jumped the gun based on the 2nd half of last season...or maybe he's in a slump....just odd he's shot over 40% once in 10 games
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#602 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:45 pm by paul

LUKE23 wrote:I see only 10 teams in the East that even have a shot at the playoffs, and Atlanta and Indiana are really, really iffy as numbers nine and ten. Man the East sucks. I'd say homecourt is a realistic goal for the Bucks, honestly, which amazes me to say.

Philly are shaky too, I can see them falling in a big hole if Holiday cools off. Given Bynum was out until January and has now hurt himself again it seems a very real chance he won't play at all this season.
paul
RealGM

Post#603 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:47 pm by paul

CanadaBucks wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Have you actually watched Klay shoot ? It really is good and so smooth. He just isn't hitting it atm. I think it was the same at the start of last season too.

I think people jump to conclusions about players based on small sample sizes in different situations. He was good last year as the number 2 and number 1 option(when Lee was shut down)on a tanking team.

And again, I'm not saying he sucks I am saying maybe people jumped the gun based on the 2nd half of last season...or maybe he's in a slump....just odd he's shot over 40% once in 10 games

He's shot right around 40% from 3 for his past 4 years of basketball, not like last season was a once off and he hasn't shown he can shoot before then.
paul
RealGM

Post#604 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 pm by Scoops

LUKE23 wrote:I see only 10 teams in the East that even have a shot at the playoffs, and Atlanta and Indiana are really, really iffy as numbers nine and ten. Man the East sucks. I'd say homecourt is a realistic goal for the Bucks, honestly, which amazes me to say.

Imagine if Lebron or Wade went down with a season ending injury...
Go Bucks!
Scoops
General Manager
And1: 193

Post#605 Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:52 pm by paul

Scoops wrote:

Imagine if Lebron or Wade went down with a season ending injury...

They'd still win the East without Wade, but if Lebron went down this thing would be thrown wide open.
paul
RealGM

PreviousNext

Return to Milwaukee Bucks