ImageImage

ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 32,223
And1: 3,377
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: Trusting in Thannies

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#586 » by emunney » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:22 pm

I saw Ric Bucher correcting himself on twitter yesterday. I wonder if Larry Coon himself got to him or just one of the billions of people who have access to the information he's assembled.
Mega Giannis!
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
User avatar
ampd
RealGM
Posts: 15,136
And1: 1,530
Joined: Dec 06, 2010

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#587 » by ampd » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Wow are the Pacers terrible without Granger. Nobody gave that dude any credit either. Doesn't help that Hibbert has done nothing either
User avatar
ReasonablySober
RealGM
Posts: 57,015
And1: 3,275
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#588 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Ayt wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Interesting note from Bucher.

Maybe my astute Tweeples know this, but I can assure you some team personnel do not: if you offer an Asik-or-Lin type deal to an RFA with the money stacked in one particular year, those are the terms for the incumbent team matching it. Rockets, though, don't have to pay it out that way or have it count against their cap as such -- Asik, I'm told, is getting $8 million a year for three years, not the $5m-$5m-$14m as written in the offer sheet the Bulls had to match. Or so a confab of two GMs told me in person. Hard to see why every RFA contract here on out won't be constructed with pain-in-the-$%^* terms.


Wow.


Bucher is a **** moron. This only applies to RFA's who qualify for the Arenas' rule. How is this guy paid to cover the NBA? There are strict guidelines as to how contracts can be structured.

The Arenas rule rarely comes up because it only applies to 2nd round picks and undrafted guys who blow up. Houston just happened to have signed two of them in one offseason in Asik and Lin. It could not come up again for several more seasons because it is so rare for a 2nd rounder or undrafted guy to blow up to the point that they'll be offered more than the MLE on their second contract as an RFA.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q44

Bucher is paid big bucks to cover the NBA and he can't take the 5 minutes or less it should take to read and understand that rule?


I don't think he's paid much anymore. He's a radio host in San Francisco now.
User avatar
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,383
And1: 312
Joined: Sep 14, 2012

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#589 » by CanadaBucks » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Who's going to trade for Calderon and what can the Raps get for him. 18 assists today, 4 games before that 9, 10, 17 and 11. Utah could use him but what could they offer?
User avatar
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,383
And1: 312
Joined: Sep 14, 2012

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#590 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:33 am

Klank is back. Thompson with one game this year shooting better than 40%. 15.2 FGA/gm and 15.1/ppg.
randy84
RealGM
Posts: 11,310
And1: 1,050
Joined: Jul 01, 2006

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#591 » by randy84 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:47 am

Take a look at A. Blatche's numbers today!
User avatar
paul
RealGM
Posts: 31,519
And1: 757
Joined: Dec 11, 2007

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#592 » by paul » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:04 am

CanadaBucks wrote:Klank is back. Thompson with one game this year shooting better than 40%. 15.2 FGA/gm and 15.1/ppg.


That doesn't even describe how bad he's been, this must be the worst shooting slump since he reached double figures in age.

Say what you want about that Warriors team but they are mega competitive. They are over .500 and have just come back from down 20 to give the Thunder everything they can handle at home despite Bogut being out, Rush being out and getting virtually zero from Curry and Thompson all season long.
User avatar
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,383
And1: 312
Joined: Sep 14, 2012

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#593 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:05 am

paul wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:Klank is back. Thompson with one game this year shooting better than 40%. 15.2 FGA/gm and 15.1/ppg.


That doesn't even describe how bad he's been, this must be the worst shooting slump since he reached double figures in age.

Say what you want about that Warriors team but they are mega competitive. They are over .500 and have just come back from down 20 to give the Thunder everything they can handle at home despite Bogut being out and getting virtually zero from Curry and Thompson all season long.

Just got to wonder with Thompson was last year the norm or this year?
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 22,404
And1: 4,140
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
Location: Aussie bias
     

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#594 » by blazza18 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:07 am

Klay has been sick the past few games. I guess that hasn't helped either. He'll be fine.

Warriors make the stupidest errors yet they stay in games.
Image
trwi7 wrote:Nah, I prefer touching real men.
User avatar
paul
RealGM
Posts: 31,519
And1: 757
Joined: Dec 11, 2007

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#595 » by paul » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:08 am

CanadaBucks wrote:
paul wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:Klank is back. Thompson with one game this year shooting better than 40%. 15.2 FGA/gm and 15.1/ppg.


That doesn't even describe how bad he's been, this must be the worst shooting slump since he reached double figures in age.

Say what you want about that Warriors team but they are mega competitive. They are over .500 and have just come back from down 20 to give the Thunder everything they can handle at home despite Bogut being out and getting virtually zero from Curry and Thompson all season long.

Just got to wonder with Thompson was last year the norm or this year?


The norm?

A guy with a jumper that good just doesn't miss the wide open shots he has this season. He's in a putrid shooting slump, but there's no way the putrid slump is 'the norm'.
User avatar
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
Posts: 29,157
And1: 3,501
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
 

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#596 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:12 am

Yeah it's been 9 games, let's not go overboard. He's a young player without a lot of time under his belt, it's not like we have 5 years of data to throw him under the bus with.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
User avatar
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,383
And1: 312
Joined: Sep 14, 2012

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#597 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:15 am

A guy with a jumper that good

But you're basing it on 1/2 a season. He wasn't playing that much prior to the trade. Shooters come and shooters go........Todd Day shot 43% his first year and never hit that again. I'm not trying to say he sucks, I'm just saying there's no concrete evidence whether he's closer to a 36% shooter or a 44% shooter

On a brighter note the Pistons laying a beating on the Cs
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 22,404
And1: 4,140
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
Location: Aussie bias
     

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#598 » by blazza18 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:24 am

Have you actually watched Klay shoot ? It really is good and so smooth. He just isn't hitting it atm. I think it was the same at the start of last season too.
Image
trwi7 wrote:Nah, I prefer touching real men.
User avatar
Nebula1
RealGM
Posts: 23,799
And1: 620
Joined: Aug 06, 2005
Location: Underground King
   

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#599 » by Nebula1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:24 am

Good game going in Portland with Chicago in town. Also Houston @ LAL about to start.
Terrence Jones | Jimbo Harden
User avatar
LUKE23
RealGM
Posts: 66,376
And1: 1,954
Joined: May 26, 2005
Location: Stunville
       

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#600 » by LUKE23 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:25 am

I see only 10 teams in the East that even have a shot at the playoffs, and Atlanta and Indiana are really, really iffy as numbers nine and ten. Man the East sucks. I'd say homecourt is a realistic goal for the Bucks, honestly, which amazes me to say.
Trade Impact:

Before: 30-23, 104.4 O, 102.2 D, 93.9 Pace, 1.42 SRS, .547 TS, .154 TOV
Now: 36-36, 102.8 O, 102.4 D, 93.8 Pace, -.16 SRS, .537 TS, .156 TOV
MCW Per 36 w/MIL: 15.9 PTS, 4.2 REB, 6.5 AST, 2.2 STL, 3.9 TO, .482 TS, .257 USG, .188 TOV
User avatar
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,383
And1: 312
Joined: Sep 14, 2012

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#601 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:28 am

blazza18 wrote:Have you actually watched Klay shoot ? It really is good and so smooth. He just isn't hitting it atm. I think it was the same at the start of last season too.

I think people jump to conclusions about players based on small sample sizes in different situations. He was good last year as the number 2 and number 1 option(when Lee was shut down)on a tanking team.


And again, I'm not saying he sucks I am saying maybe people jumped the gun based on the 2nd half of last season...or maybe he's in a slump....just odd he's shot over 40% once in 10 games
User avatar
paul
RealGM
Posts: 31,519
And1: 757
Joined: Dec 11, 2007

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#602 » by paul » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:45 am

LUKE23 wrote:I see only 10 teams in the East that even have a shot at the playoffs, and Atlanta and Indiana are really, really iffy as numbers nine and ten. Man the East sucks. I'd say homecourt is a realistic goal for the Bucks, honestly, which amazes me to say.


Philly are shaky too, I can see them falling in a big hole if Holiday cools off. Given Bynum was out until January and has now hurt himself again it seems a very real chance he won't play at all this season.
User avatar
paul
RealGM
Posts: 31,519
And1: 757
Joined: Dec 11, 2007

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#603 » by paul » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:47 am

CanadaBucks wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Have you actually watched Klay shoot ? It really is good and so smooth. He just isn't hitting it atm. I think it was the same at the start of last season too.

I think people jump to conclusions about players based on small sample sizes in different situations. He was good last year as the number 2 and number 1 option(when Lee was shut down)on a tanking team.


And again, I'm not saying he sucks I am saying maybe people jumped the gun based on the 2nd half of last season...or maybe he's in a slump....just odd he's shot over 40% once in 10 games


He's shot right around 40% from 3 for his past 4 years of basketball, not like last season was a once off and he hasn't shown he can shoot before then.
User avatar
Scoops
General Manager
Posts: 8,034
And1: 234
Joined: Jul 31, 2007

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#604 » by Scoops » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:50 am

LUKE23 wrote:I see only 10 teams in the East that even have a shot at the playoffs, and Atlanta and Indiana are really, really iffy as numbers nine and ten. Man the East sucks. I'd say homecourt is a realistic goal for the Bucks, honestly, which amazes me to say.

Imagine if Lebron or Wade went down with a season ending injury...
Go Bucks!
User avatar
paul
RealGM
Posts: 31,519
And1: 757
Joined: Dec 11, 2007

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#605 » by paul » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:52 am

Scoops wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:I see only 10 teams in the East that even have a shot at the playoffs, and Atlanta and Indiana are really, really iffy as numbers nine and ten. Man the East sucks. I'd say homecourt is a realistic goal for the Bucks, honestly, which amazes me to say.

Imagine if Lebron or Wade went down with a season ending injury...


They'd still win the East without Wade, but if Lebron went down this thing would be thrown wide open.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks


Users browsing this forum: No registered users