ImageImage

WTF is going on with Ilyasova?

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Re: WTF is going on with Ilyasova? 

Post#31 » by AussieBuck » Fri Nov 9, 2012 5:58 am

As I said in the other thread he and Tobes are being punished for the **** starts we are having due to Monta and Ellis being useless pieces of crap.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#32 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Nov 9, 2012 9:53 am

LUKE23 wrote:
DrugBust wrote:In the 14 games Ersan started prior to the trade for Ellis he averaged 13 FGAs per game. In the 18 games after Ellis arrived Ersan averaged 10 FGA/game. I don't think they've really figured out how to get him involved with Ellis as the 1st or 2nd offensive option.

This. Backcourt is eating up his FGA (and Tobias').

What does that have to do with anything. If anything that should get Ersan more shots! Every team know the Bucks are guard orientated. Common sense would say that they need that 3rd guy...so wtf is Ersan!?

That is not Jennings and Ellis fault! They get 13-25 assists a game between them! Why dont you tell Ersan to get his $9 mil dollar a-- in there and to be aggressive. This is not Turkey. This is the NBA. No Babies Allowed...earn your moneyor Scott should set him down.

Stop blaming everything on the guards! Just like Bogut's sorry a-- when he was here...He was never assertive every trip down. Never got a midrange shot.

He never set up in the post like Zach Randolph and or on the elbow like Marco Gasol to take advantage of his over-ratted passing abilities everyone talks about, and then he never consistently commanded the ball and fans in here would ALWAYS complain that Jennings is not giving him the ball.

Get outta here with that. Watch the game. He is limited. In the Pros you better bring a new aspect of your game back with you or don't blame anyone else.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#33 » by Wise1 » Fri Nov 9, 2012 3:28 pm

Not enough shots eh? Doesn't seem to be bothering Dunleavy. The guy is struggling and it's his own fault. He's a hustle player, not Reggie Miller or Ray Allen. Grab more boards and put back more shots. How many assists is Jennings averaging this year?
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#34 » by jr lucosa » Fri Nov 9, 2012 3:50 pm

AussieBuck wrote:As I said in the other thread he and Tobes are being punished for the **** starts we are having due to Monta and Ellis being useless pieces of crap.

He's so bad that it's like theres two of him out there :D
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#35 » by Newz » Fri Nov 9, 2012 4:04 pm

Why would lack of FGA's be what is holding Ersan down? Almost all of his value as a player comes from his rebounding, position D, low TO rate and ability to score efficiently without needing the ball a lot.

What a strange argument.
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#36 » by step3profit » Fri Nov 9, 2012 4:46 pm

Monta needs to try and miss without clanging them so hard that they bounce all the way to back to halfcourt, giving the other team quick full court offense/layups. If Monta can manage to just clang shots a little, then Ersan will get some offensive rebounds and putbacks.

Also, he'll be able to get back on D if the other team rebounds, and get in position to get defensive boards.

If we can work on Monta's game so he's only shooting poorly instead of incredibly poorly, Ersan will benefit.

Also, Ersan needs to quit with the pump fake that no one bites on, and just shoot the damn ball.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#37 » by ampd » Fri Nov 9, 2012 8:42 pm

step3profit wrote:Also, Ersan needs to quit with the pump fake that no one bites on, and just shoot the damn ball.

Paradoxically, when he starts shooting the ball without pump faking, the pump fake will actually be useful again sometimes.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#38 » by emunney » Fri Nov 9, 2012 9:17 pm

Yeah, i think I remember last year his shot started going in a lot more when he started pump faking a lot less. He has a high enough release point that he needs to just shoot it unless somebody's right on top of him.

I was more worried than most about contract year stuff with Ersan, just because he was so explicit about how money would decide where he'd play. That said, I agree with everyone who says that this is what happens with him every year. He's a very slow starter. I guess if you're an energy guy, you don't have much of an advantage early in the season when energy is abundant.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#39 » by step3profit » Fri Nov 9, 2012 9:19 pm

ampd wrote:
step3profit wrote:Also, Ersan needs to quit with the pump fake that no one bites on, and just shoot the damn ball.

Paradoxically, when he starts shooting the ball without pump faking, the pump fake will actually be useful again sometimes.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#40 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 9, 2012 9:22 pm

Newz wrote:Why would lack of FGA's be what is holding Ersan down? Almost all of his value as a player comes from his rebounding, position D, low TO rate and ability to score efficiently without needing the ball a lot.

What a strange argument.

In the games started without Monta he had an Offensive Rating of 131. So insanely high. With Monta the number fell to 120. So the lack of FGAs obviously hurt his game to at least some degree.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#41 » by El Duderino » Fri Nov 9, 2012 9:27 pm

I think it's more simple, Ersan is just bricking shots so far. With a tiny three game sample, hard for me to get concerned yet.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#42 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 9, 2012 9:29 pm

I also don't think it's as simple as less numbers. He just doesn't look like he has a natural role with the two ball dominant guards.

I'm not really worried. One it's a small sample size. Two it's not like Ellis is long for this team.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#43 » by Wise1 » Fri Nov 9, 2012 11:02 pm

But Ersan isn't a ball dominant player. Also, Jennings is dishing the ball like never before. It's Ersan. He needs to hit some shots and hustle for his opportunities as he always has.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#44 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 9, 2012 11:34 pm

Wise1 wrote:But Ersan isn't a ball dominant player. Also, Jennings is dishing the ball like never before. It's Ersan. He needs to hit some shots and hustle for his opportunities as he always has.

His usage is down 20% and easily at his career low.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,295

Post#45 » by sunskerr » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:20 pm

According to some websites Ersan was benched after dropping 11 in the first quarter. Is that so? If it's true, then

What

the

hell
-Kees-
Lead Assistant
And1: 52

Post#46 » by -Kees- » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:35 pm

I actually somewhat predicted this...Ersan really didn't produce all that well until last year, which happened to be his contract year. Now he gets the big deal, and, along with other factors, isn't playing quite as hard. Of course it may not be a conscious decision, but when you are guaranteed 40M its a bit different than only making a few mil in your last year. I think we should start Larry next to him and see what happens, tinker the lineup a bit to see if something changes.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#47 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:43 pm

I don't think we are going to get the Ersan we got at the end of last year. Those three point percentages were unsustainable. Plus he got paid now.

That said, I'm not at all worried. He will work into things and more favorable matchups will help also.

At the moment that Larry and Epke tandem is doing a great job at certain points. I'd like to see Skiles let that chemistry continue to develop and see where it goes. We can always plug Ersan back into the mix as needed.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#48 » by WRau1 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:18 pm

I just want to see Jennings/Lamb/Harris/Henson/Sanders on the court together, everyone else can go. I don't really like how Ersan fits this team, anyway. I'd assume we can get something if we choose to move Illy. Hopefully we can get positive value for Ellis and MD3, Gooden will most likely half to rot on our bench for the rest of that terrible contract.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#49 » by SpursNBucks » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:09 pm

This is the first game Ersan has shot 50% or better going 5/10.

I think the problem with Ersan is two fold - first of all this is a new role for him this year- being the starter and with the contract expectations come quite a bit of additional pressure. The second thing is with this year's team he is not the focal point of the offense he was last year.

The best thing for the Bucks may be to have Ersan come off the bench and provide fire power along with Dunleavy. I would go with Udoh as the starter because you don't really need big offense from the PF with the starting five- not that Ersan is giving you that. The upgrade on defense from Udoh would be significant, and I think he would have better chemistry with that group.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#50 » by LUKE23 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:57 pm

I would without question keep Ilyasova starting. He draws the opposing PF out of the lane. And he will improve significantly from where he is right now.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks