ImageImage

The dilemma of Udoh's rebounding (or lack of it)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,588

Re: The dilemma of Udoh's rebounding (or lack of it) 

Post#31 » by blazza18 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:32 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
blazza18 wrote:I'm starting to like the trade for Udoh more and more. Makes LRMAM somewhat expendable too.

I don't see it. Monta and Harris (and Dunleavy) are huge liabilities on defense. We'll need Luc in a lot of situations. Our offense will suffer a bit but we'll be a much better team knowing he's on the bench.

Even if we do trade him, what do we go after?

I think Tobes defensive problems are easily fixed with time. Some of it he is going to double someone and then gets back late on his own man. Skiles will fix that. With Monta its just about effort and fighting through the screens, you can actually see him trying. Godleaveys job is to score so I'm not concerned about him playing defence :D.

I do think Luc has value to the team right now and I'm keen to see him return soon. But I could see him getting traded for shooter.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,923

Post#32 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:38 am

I'd rather not deal either player. Ersan doesn't effectively defend all of those positions and on this team that's crucial. Udoh, Larry, and Dalembert shouldn't be the only good defenders getting burn.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#33 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:39 am

AussieBuck wrote:I guess if you want to ignore one end of the court Ersan can also play the 2,3 and 4.

You don't need both facets of the game to to play a position. Luc will likely have at least 3 proficient offensive players at any position next to him. Luc can be effective at any of those 3 positions. He'll be a liability on the offensive end, but he is a great defensive player. Let's not act like your man love isn't an offensive liability at the 4 or 5.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#34 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am

blazza18 wrote:I do think Luc has value to the team right now and I'm keen to see him return soon. But I could see him getting traded for shooter.

I don't see a huge need for that shooter when Luc comes back. Likely he'll be playing mostly the 3 and 4 allowing Duns to play more two. I really only see the need for another shooter for a. injuries or b. you ship Monta out.

Monta's going to get his 30ish minutes a game.
Udrih will get spot minutes at the two like we often see.
Dunleavy will slide over and play more 2.
Daniels and Lamb can play the spot minutes left.

We have our shooter in Dunleavy, we have absolutely no defense on the wing. Trading Luc creates a hole rather then fills it in my opinion.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,716

Post#35 » by AussieBuck » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:58 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:I guess if you want to ignore one end of the court Ersan can also play the 2,3 and 4.

You don't need both facets of the game to to play a position. Luc will likely have at least 3 proficient offensive players at any position next to him. Luc can be effective at any of those 3 positions. He'll be a liability on the offensive end, but he is a great defensive player. Let's not act like your man love isn't an offensive liability at the 4 or 5.

Udoh? I don't see him as a liability at the 5. He sets the best screens on the team and can catch the ball decently enough when it's passed to him. I just don't like the idea of Luc at the 3 unless he's playing with Dunleavy at the 2 and a regular Ersan at the 4.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,997

Post#36 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:36 pm

reading that article about udoh and what he says about sanders really kind of excites me. these 2 guys can be real similar to the davis boys from indiana in the 90's that were so successful together. maybe they already are and this is what were about to see this year with them together. great defenders, enforcer mentalitys......and probably in time decent enough offensively we dont worry about that side at all either.

we have something here with these two. we really do.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#37 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:07 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: these 2 guys can be real similar to the davis boys from indiana in the 90's that were so successful together.

That 1994-2000 Pacers team seems to me to be about as far as we can go without a superstar, although they had Reggie Miller as their focal point and I'm not sure who we have in that department.

But yes, the Davis boys are a decent comparison from the standpoint that you had two guys who didn't put up gaudy "numbers" but they completely controlled the interior and helped the Pacers be a winning team for a long time.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#38 » by Treebeard » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:07 am

The Davis's were the human form of the "sum is greater than the parts" idea. Separately, they were just pretty good, but together, they were a force.
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#39 » by vlietinho » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:45 pm

Let's not forget about what Rik Smits did for the Pacers at that time ;-)

Just last week they showed a re-run on Dutch tv of a documentary about knick-pacers rivalry in those days. ECF, couple of seconds to go, Pacers down by 6. Reggie shoots a 3, steals the inbound pass, steps back and nails another three, unbelievable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtPaMgyz4ec
nenanena
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#40 » by nenanena » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:06 am

udoh has more potential than sanders and plays under control. he has the third best +/- on the team after dunleavy and udrih.
http://www.nba.com/statistics/plusminus ... team=Bucks

he has the best post up game. the team is generally better with him on the court:
http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/team-v ... 2;season=r

Return to Milwaukee Bucks