ImageImage

GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (Larry's Revenge?)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (Larry's Revenge? 

Post#21 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:24 pm

I posted in ticket thread, but tonight is a Buy 1, Get 1 ticket deal through the Bucks. I don't know if it is specific sections or not.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#22 » by crkone » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:31 pm

Indiana has a very dysfunctional offense to start the year. They are 5th worst in % at the rim, deep 2, and 3. They are decent in the post but just okay at midrange. Bucks can defend the rim as they are the 11th best in the league at it, but having Dalley in there hurts their defense when it comes to dribble penetration. I don't expect them to get going at the rim. Bucks are mediocre to terrible defending the post and midrange so Indiana might have success pulling up for jumpers, or using West after driving and kicking. Dalley and Hibbert have gone back and forth in recent matchups with Hibbert getting low to mid teens in points while Dalley out-rebounds him. I'm not too worried about Sanders.

Indiana has had a very good defense to start the year. They are best in the league at defending the midrange and second best in defending the rim. They are 10th at defending the post while being mediocre at defending 16-23 ft and behind the arc. Bucks have been great in the post to start the year, making 51% of their shots, and shooting midrange at 41.3%. They've been mediocre to bad from 3, long 2, to rim, respectively.

It's amazing how similar Memphis is to Indiana, except Memphis has hit the 3 extraordinarily well and Indiana has been bad from there (except against WAS and TOR, who can't guard anyone from behind the arc). Memphis beat the Bucks by shooting over 50% (eFG) from everywhere on the floor, while Monta, Jennings, and MDJ shot 3 of 13 at the rim and 5 of 15 from deep 2. I think it will be close unless Ersan can come back to life or one of the swag twins can produce along with MDJ.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#23 » by ampd » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:23 pm

LUKE23 wrote:The current version of Indy plays a lot like Philly. Slow paced team that wants to play halfcourt, very good halfcourt defense, and a massively struggling offense. One thing Indy does very well is rebound (George, West, Hibbert frontcourt), so if the Bucks are going to instill their type of pace on the game they will really need to fight hard on the glass.

Indy: 29th in O, 5th in D, 28th in pace
Milwaukee: 19th in O, 11th in D, 1st in pace

One weird thing to note is that we are currently 1st in pace, 1st in fast break points, and 1st in defensive rebounding rate.

That is one hell of a weird combination that I hope holds up tonight.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#24 » by ampd » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:27 pm

I am also interested to see how the Larry / Udoh combination fares against their frontcourt, especially Larry vs Hibbert. It was pretty effective in our late matchup last season with them.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#25 » by Max Green » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:35 pm

This is another barometer test for us since they are both a division opponent and direct competition for playoff seeding. We've been on a losing streak against them recently, but the last couple of games we've played have been close and intense. Winning would be a nice extra boost to our confidence.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,136

Post#26 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:43 pm

:lol:

Lower Bowl for $5 on Stubhub.
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#27 » by Steve210 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:50 pm

Max Green wrote:This is another barometer test for us since they are both a division opponent and direct competition for playoff seeding. We've been on a losing streak against them recently, but the last couple of games we've played have been close and intense. Winning would be a nice extra boost to our confidence.

I agree, and I really think that they need a nice signature victory at home against a good team to get the casual fans to start coming out and actually supporting this team. A nice blow out victory with Doron Lamb and John Henson getting some burn in the 4th quarter would be great. The Pacers played last night, let's hope our guys are well rested and ready to go!
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,776

Post#28 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Indy has been atrocious without Granger this season but I think the bigger knock was moving Collison. I think we can win this.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#29 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Turd Ferguson wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote::lol:

Thanks for the memory. Larry's a little bit of a hot head at times.

Just checked out my favorite local ticket broker sites and there are some very nice seats available for very cheap. I would definitely be going tonight if that UW/FLA game wasn't on TV. Instead, I'll be wearing out the "last" button on my remote control.

Do those sites start and end at Stubhub? Or is there another place?

I'd maybe look nbatickets.com as well. I think it's a new site this year by the NBA and fees may be less than StubHub.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#30 » by jr lucosa » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:09 pm

This should be a win.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#31 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:22 pm

worthlessBucks wrote:Favored by 4. I'm going to say we get a W for Garbs.

:) without Granger and with the Pacers struggling mightily on back to back we have to take advantage and win this one...
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#32 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:03 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Indy has been atrocious without Granger this season but I think the bigger knock was moving Collison. I think we can win this.

Trading Collison for Mahimini was one of the dumbest trades of the offseason.

Giving George Hill $40M was a huge mistake in my eyes as well.

DJ Augustin hasn't done much for them either.
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#33 » by SpursNBucks » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:06 pm

JBucks wrote:Bogut's injuries are unreal. Between Golden State and Philly I don't know who's more disappointed with their returns. Both gave away the faces of their franchise for a couple of gimps, one of whom can never stay healthy and the other probably facing a more serious injury than any of us realize.

Not really the right thread- Ya it's True, but your not going to get much support here from such a heavy Ausie crowd- he's the face of basketball for their country. The trade keeps looking better and better for the Bucks.

I think they may trade a healthy history Ellis for some asset(s) and will have a nice shot blocking inside presence in Uduh on a rookie contract for a few more years.
SpursNBucks
Banned User

Post#34 » by SpursNBucks » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:12 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Indy has been atrocious without Granger this season but I think the bigger knock was moving Collison. I think we can win this.

Trading Collison for Mahimini was one of the dumbest trades of the offseason.

Giving George Hill $40M was a huge mistake in my eyes as well.

DJ Augustin hasn't done much for them either.

Agreed- I am also not sure Hibbert is quite as good as his contract. I think he had a big year cashed in, but doesn't always play with a ton of heart and energy. He reminds me a little of a black Bogut minus the inury history. He is a guy that may get you 12 points and 7 or 8 rebounds. Actually Bogut had a better year then I think Hibbert will ever have, but they are comparable. Just not super impact players.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#35 » by Badgerlander » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Actually George Hill has played better as the starter in Indy than Collison did, but Dallas is running an offense that is better suited for Darren.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#36 » by blazza18 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:25 pm

As per usual..Must Win.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#37 » by upnorthfan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:35 pm

Heading to the 'vet' to put my dog down. Some of you know my dog was sick, now in about an hour he will be dead. My wife is all beside herself.

Me? I laid beside him for awhile and cryed for him, but we are going to do it tonight at 5:30.

As for the game, I hope they play fast at home, if they do the BMO should be rockin :)
SpursNBucks
Banned User

Post#38 » by SpursNBucks » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:48 pm

upnorthfan wrote:Heading to the 'vet' to put my dog down. Some of you know my dog was sick, now in about an hour he will be dead. My wife is all beside herself.

Me? I laid beside him for awhile and cryed for him, but we are going to do it tonight at 5:30.

As for the game, I hope they play fast at home, if they do the BMO should be rockin :)

That sucks- happened to a dog I had some years back and took him over, but stopped on the way and bought him some of his favorite snacks. NOT EASY thing to go through.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#39 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:53 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:
upnorthfan wrote:Heading to the 'vet' to put my dog down. Some of you know my dog was sick, now in about an hour he will be dead. My wife is all beside herself.

That sucks- happened to a dog I had some years back and took him over, but stopped on the way and bought him some of his favorite snacks. NOT EASY thing to go through.

So sorry man. Idc what anyone says, an animal is part of the family, and their years of unwavering affection and loyalty make it so hard to say goodbye. Hope all goes well for you.
Do it for Chuck
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#40 » by upnorthfan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:03 pm

Yeah I had Cooper for nine years. He has cushing desease and his blood work numbers are off the charts and his liver is six times normal size. Eyes are red and he can't even get up one flight of steps, no energy at all.

Thanks guys for your kind words, leaving now. How bout dam dare Bucks hey!!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks