yardbarker

GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (Larry's Revenge?)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Post#391 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:19 pm by stevescheffler06

Henson looks like he could eventually be good but lets not get hyped over some garbage time points. And the fact that he shot within 3 seconds of touching the ball every time he got it.
Sneaky Pete wrote:In Disgiuse.
stevescheffler06

Analyst
And1: 38

Post#392 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:19 pm by emunney

Ersan isn't going to lose minutes to Henson based on some totally meaningless minutes in which Henson didn't even play that well.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 1,831

Post#393 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:20 pm by SupremeHustle

stevescheffler06 wrote:Henson looks like he could eventually be good but lets not get hyped over some garbage time points. And the fact that he shot within 3 seconds of touching the ball every time he got it.

I kinda like that he's a gunner.
Basketball is my favorite sport.
I like the way they dribble up and down the court.

--Kurtis Blow
SupremeHustle

General Manager
And1: 1,508

Post#394 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:21 pm by paul

stevescheffler06 wrote:Henson looks like he could eventually be good but lets not get hyped over some garbage time points. And the fact that he shot within 3 seconds of touching the ball every time he got it.

He's done that pretty much every time we've ever seen him play, including Summer League. It's a cute habit now, it won't be if he's doing it getting 30mpg. :D
paul
RealGM
And1: 628

Post#395 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:22 pm by randy84

emunney wrote:Ersan isn't going to lose minutes to Henson based on some totally meaningless minutes in which Henson didn't even play that well.

Did say he would, but he should.
randy84
General Manager
And1: 453

Post#396 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:24 pm by ampd

paul wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
paul wrote:Great win, but man the Pacers are bad right now. I watched some of their loss to the Raps at home last night and to say it was bad would be a massive understatement, then they followed it with this....

This is the problem when you don't have a superstar. You get the chemistry just right for one season like the Pacers did last year and then if some small variable changes....

We could be a 50 win team this year and then have it all collapse next season.

Yeah, post FTD comes to mind.

How is both of those teams losing their best player for months to a devastating injury (which Bogut still hasn't recovered fully from years later) a small variable change?
ampd
RealGM
And1: 477

Post#397 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:30 pm by paul

ampd wrote:
paul wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
This is the problem when you don't have a superstar. You get the chemistry just right for one season like the Pacers did last year and then if some small variable changes....

How is both of those teams losing their best player for months to a devastating injury (which Bogut still hasn't recovered fully from years later) a small variable change?

I don't think Granger's their best player, but that's not that important. Post FTD was killed by Maggette's acquisition and Salmons playing like dead dogs nuts as much as it was by Bogut's injury - which despite hurting him didn't stop him being a 13/11 guy and one of the best defenders in the NBA that season. I think Press' point was that when you don't have a superstar chemistry is a vital ingredient and it doesn't take much to kill it completely - that was kind of what I was agreeing with.
paul
RealGM
And1: 628

Post#398 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:33 pm by White+Purple

ampd wrote:
paul wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:This is the problem when you don't have a superstar. You get the chemistry just right for one season like the Pacers did last year and then if some small variable changes....

PP and Paul were having a nice friendly conversation and you bring Bogut into it? For shame :nonono:

:D
White+Purple

Sixth Man
And1: 230

Post#399 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:41 pm by coolhandluke121

paul wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
paul wrote:Great win, but man the Pacers are bad right now. I watched some of their loss to the Raps at home last night and to say it was bad would be a massive understatement, then they followed it with this....

Great post by PP and good follow-up. My thoughts exactly. In some ways, little stretches like this are the worst thing that can happen to the Bucks because it ensures that they stick with the plan that guarantees they will generally only have one good season out of every 5 or 6.
When you're spinning your wheels in mud, sometimes you have to put the car in reverse. If you refuse to do so on principle, you're an idiot.
coolhandluke121
Lead Assistant
And1: 138

Post#400 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:54 pm by SpursNBucks

emunney wrote:Ersan isn't going to lose minutes to Henson based on some totally meaningless minutes in which Henson didn't even play that well.

There's no doubt Henson had the ability to be a better all-around player, but they might not want to put too much on a rookie especially if they continue to do well. I think Ersan could be trade bait - he wont be unless he plays better though - right now he has lost confidence and shooting like crap.
SpursNBucks
Bench Warmer
And1: 44

Post#401 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:08 am by Thunder Muscle

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:There are only 4,5000 fans in here ....tops! This is the smallest crowd I have EVER SEEN at a Bucks game school day or not!

Yeah the 2 week night games have been brutal thus far. Both were 11,500 approx. I think people will remain skeptical for a little bit yet. If we start getting teams like Miami, Chicago and/or consistently play well above 500 I think they'll start moving the needle a little bit.
Shameless Ambassador Club: If interested in 10% cash credit on Bucks season tickets (including Click n Pick), message me your name & email address.
Thunder Muscle

RealGM
And1: 232

Post#402 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:23 am by Villanoeyebrows

Henson's height, length, hands, shooting touch, and footwork have me excited. But his body is real soft, I don't think he is ready to start this season. I would love to have him battle for minutes behind Ersan until his shoulders and chest fill out. I think playing behind a high effort vet is the best way to develop youngsters.
Villanoeyebrows
Starter
And1: 160

Post#403 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:30 am by emunney

Henson has a TON of ability, it's just difficult to gauge his progress in the last 7 minutes of a game up by 2 dozen. It had a pick up game tone, and the way he played was part of that. I'm glad he hit his shots and blocked a few, but he also let a couple guys past him, didn't really box out, drifted around the perimeter offensively and didn't set good screens. Considering how well our bigs executed in this game, there was nothing Henson did that would compel me to put him in over the guys who played ahead of him yesterday, although there was enough to demonstrate what makes him an exciting prospect.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
emunney
RealGM

Post#404 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:54 am by DocHoliday

I have mostly been impressed with Henson's ability to finish around the basket, and that he isn't hesitant to put the ball down and drive to the hole and doesn't shy away from contact. When Plumlee went up to protect the rim last night Henson just bendy-strawed his long arms right around him and flushed it.
DocHoliday

RealGM
And1: 872

Post#405 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:02 pm by emunney

Yeah, he's got good touch with either hand but prefers his left. One of a handful of rare idiosyncrasies he shares with Bogut.
emunney
RealGM

Post#406 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:06 pm by Rockmaninoff

SupremeHustle wrote:

I kinda like that he's a gunner.

Yep.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.
Rockmaninoff

Assistant Coach
And1: 109

Post#407 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:22 pm by emunney

I like that he gets his shots up, but I wish he took more of them from the post. He's got some really natural moves and just in general I love watching a good post player. Next year I want him to start putting guys in the torture chamber.
emunney
RealGM

Post#408 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:35 pm by CanadaBucks

emunney wrote:I like that he gets his shots up, but I wish he took more of them from the post. He's got some really natural moves and just in general I love watching a good post player. Next year I want him to start putting guys in the torture chamber.

His lefty hook looks real nice and could be nearly unstoppable.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#409 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:52 pm by Baddy Chuck

CanadaBucks wrote:
emunney wrote:I like that he gets his shots up, but I wish he took more of them from the post. He's got some really natural moves and just in general I love watching a good post player. Next year I want him to start putting guys in the torture chamber.

His lefty hook looks real nice and could be nearly unstoppable.

He better get Kareem range on them because he sure aint getting position on that low block.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck

RealGM
And1: 2,206

Post#410 Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (L
Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:09 pm by Max Green

I can see him developing a nice face up game fairly soon, he has a better handle then I thought, he's already shown flashes of beating a couple of defenders to the basket off the dribble.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
Max Green

RealGM
And1: 862

PreviousNext

Return to Milwaukee Bucks