Hammond Comments: Boston Model?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Re: Hammond Comments: Boston Model? 

Post#106 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:24 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:jackson was trash but whats weird is he really wasnt just the year before. he was monta level just older.

He was a lot worse here but he was a ridiculously high usage player with bad shooting percetanges in Charlotte. There's a reason why guys like Maggette, Jackson, Monta etc can't replicate previous numbers with us, they can't play team basketball.

i dont think it has anything to do with not playing team basketball.....

i will give you the older player being expected to regress argument tho. i also just think its indicative of a typical 30 something acting the part of the old dog coming to milwaukee to die as well. its just weird how salmons, maggette, and jackson all fell off a damn CLIFF once they got here. salmons case makes it difficult to assume the system was at fault.... it makes you look more at the perspective of the player changing being the cause.

so its either skiles, the lockerroom or the city..... we had 3 guys who produced including one guy who produced here.... who basically overnight became some of the worst players at their position in the league over the course of a single offseason. its been uncanny.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#107 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:56 am

Boston model? Where is our tradition and 4 Hall of Famers to draw others? Sometimes Hammond seems like he is in waaaaay over his head on some ways.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,782

Post#108 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:45 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:jackson was trash but whats weird is he really wasnt just the year before. he was monta level just older.

He was a lot worse here but he was a ridiculously high usage player with bad shooting percetanges in Charlotte. There's a reason why guys like Maggette, Jackson, Monta etc can't replicate previous numbers with us, they can't play team basketball.

i dont think it has anything to do with not playing team basketball.....

i will give you the older player being expected to regress argument tho. i also just think its indicative of a typical 30 something acting the part of the old dog coming to milwaukee to die as well. its just weird how salmons, maggette, and jackson all fell off a damn CLIFF once they got here. salmons case makes it difficult to assume the system was at fault.... it makes you look more at the perspective of the player changing being the cause.

so its either skiles, the lockerroom or the city..... we had 3 guys who produced including one guy who produced here.... who basically overnight became some of the worst players at their position in the league over the course of a single offseason. its been uncanny.

Those guys were always 1 on 1 players who played in playground systems before they got here and when they couldn't get the same amount of opportunities to raise their FG% and PPG they reverted to what they are, worthless on the court.

Salmons flourished in a broken Sacramento system and then played for a contract here, Maggette flourished in Golden State's broken system but even their fans knew it was all empty stats, Jackson is the same in GS and Charlotte.

Monta is a much better player then those three guys so he still looks solid but he's nowhere near the same player without the broken system.

I think everyone without blinders on could have seen all the outcomes that happened with the players discussed besides Salmons' superstar contract performance.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,850

Post#109 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:14 am

Sounds like the assh*le finally started reading realGM.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#110 » by raferfenix » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:57 am

Is it possible that Hammond is being a bit more literal here, in terms of preparing our fans for a 'Boston model' style trade?

Not that any of these comparisons should be made, but let's try to get inside Herb Kohl's head for a second.

If our goal is to pick up 3 all star caliber players, could the Kohl brain-trust view picking up Ellis alongside Jennings to be akin to the Celtics pairing Allen with Pierce, and then us picking up a guy like Pau Gasol as being like the Garnett trade?

This scenario would require us to not be sending out Ellis in a Gasol deal, but that isn't necessarily inconceivable, particularly if the Lakers really value Ersan as a long term shooter to put next to Howard.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks